Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Personality Types

Personality Types

Old Oct 13th 2021, 1:55 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personality Types

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That sounds like a reasonable thing to be. But - Britney Spears?
Elon Musk and Vladimir Putin for me
Old Oct 13th 2021, 1:57 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Frodo Baggins
I'd like to see myself more as Arwen
Old Oct 13th 2021, 1:59 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Just did it - and got the exact same thing that Myers Briggs gives me - INFJ-A, advocate.

Seems accurate enough, although I resent the comparison to Mother bloody Teresa
Jon Snow, you know nothing
Old Oct 13th 2021, 2:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
My colleagues assure me that they chose the name Architect because they couldn't put 'Asshole' - but that it's tantamount to the same thing

My wife is already sick of me saying 'I can't help it, I'm an architect'

I'm married to one of you lot. He had to stop using the "I'm an INTJ" excuse (the architect category) pretty quickly. That's all I'm saying....
Old Oct 13th 2021, 2:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Duly noted!
Old Oct 13th 2021, 4:13 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a reasonable thing to be. But - Britney Spears?
Wrecking ball on order.........
Old Oct 13th 2021, 8:31 pm
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems fairly correct for me. Bold is bits and pieces from the explination section, and non-bold is my view on the accuracy.

"Virtuosos love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go."

Only problem I have is my ADHD has me moving from project to project without ever completeing most of them. But I am curious, I do prefer to learn hands on, touching, feeling, over learning from books or a classroom lecture, and I prefer to learn on an as needed basis, rather than being forced to learn things I have no desire to learn and see no point in learning, hey maybe that is why I suck at school too?

"explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience"

Fairly accurate, ask my wife about my and directions on how to put things together, the directions confuse me, I just toss them aside when putting something together and use trial and error until its done, usually have screw or 2 left, but eh not building anything strcutural here.

"They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don’t even mind them getting into their space." and on the condition that those people don’t interfere with Virtuosos’ principles and freedom"

Fairly accurate there, as long as others don't interfere with me, its all good.

Apparently Virtuoso's only make up 5% of the population, and even smaller % of females who are often called tomboys in young age. (from the website not my words)

Now this part is 100% spot on no doubt.

"Virtuosos are actually quite enigmatic. Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies, Virtuoso personalities can be a challenge to predict, even by their friends and loved ones. Virtuosos can seem very loyal and steady for a while, but they tend to build up a store of impulsive energy that explodes without warning, taking their interests in bold new directions."

Virtuosos will come to learn that many other personality types have much more firmly drawn lines on rules and acceptable behavior than they do.

Maybe why so hard to make friends, I find I meet very few people who a compatible with me, and well if I am only 5% of the population, well kind of makes more sense now.

Virtuosos have a particular difficulty in predicting emotions,

No doubt there.

tendency to explore their relationships through their actions rather than through empathy can lead to some very frustrating situations.

Yep pretty accurate there too.

preferring the freedom to move about and color outside the lines if they need to.

Yep spot on accurate there, I am so a color the outside of the lines type.

It's a little off on some of the strengths, but I beleive its still accurate if I didn't have other underlying issues holding me back.

It's pretty accurate on the weaknesses

Stubborn- I've certainly been called a stubborn mule over my life, well I have been called stubborn a lot.

Insensitive- Apparently this type uses logic and isn't so good at emotions, and when we try to be empathetic it comes out wrong. (might explain why working with people is so hard for me.)

Private & Reserved- 50/50, through resources of self help books, I am not as bad as I once was, and have learned to open more than I did in the past, its accurate enough.

Easily Bored- 100% so true, I am so easily bored there I literally most days cannot find something to do, because once I have done something, the novelty is gone and its not longer sufficient to keep me from being bored. (maybe why travel never bores me, almost every aspect of travel is a new experience at some level.)

They prefer to take things day-by-day, and the feeling of being locked into something for a long time is downright oppressive, this may explain the revolving door of jobs in part anyhow, but makes sense.

Virtuosos have been known to escalate conflict- Yeah I have been guilty of doing that, which back to jobs why I probably don't do well working with customers and general front facing positions.

Nothing can be forced in Virtuoso relationships, but so long as they are given the space they need to be themselves, they will gladly enjoy the comforts of a steady partner for a lifetime.

This is accurate, I need space and may explain why I hate apartments so much, lack of space.

This may explain why I did well on the ramp where, everyday was a new day and the companies I stayed with the longest even though they were literally the lowest paying were managers that were hands off management style and let the employees do their job without much management interference, but jobs where managers try to micro manage are so frustrating, and I am out the door the first chance I get, and with the ramp, once the flight is done and pushed off, task done, time for another task, and once clocked out, work is done, the board is wiped clean the moment I clock out, and next day is a new clean board to start over.

"Virtuosos crave most is a little wiggle room. Relaxed and easy-going, people with the Virtuoso personality type are happy to stick around with surprising loyalty, as long as their employers and managers don’t try to force them to commit to anything that can’t be undone the next day."

Strict rules, guidelines and formal agreements make Virtuosos feel cramped and bored

No doubt there.

Their tasks do need to be hands-on though – if the items all start with “Come up with a strategy to...”, find an analyst type personality.

I agree there too, the work will never get done, because I wont ever come up with a strategy to do anything, my mind just doesn't work that way.

Virtuosos have a blunt way of communicating that can lead to misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

That gets me into trouble more often that I would like, its not done purposely it's just me, sugar coating and filtering things isn't a strong suit.

Virtuoso managers treat their subordinates as they’d like to be treated: with minimal talking and loose boundaries.

That is true as well, I very much treat my people when I was a lead as I wanted to, and as long as the work got done, everyone was happy.

In fact, there isn’t likely to be a lot of feedback at all from Virtuoso managers, good or bad.

That is also true, feedback isn't my strong point at all, may be why I shy away from management type jobs in general.

I found that site very interesting, thanks for posting it.

Old Oct 14th 2021, 12:44 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I am a Mediator .

oh and turbulent

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 14th 2021 at 1:44 am.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 12:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 14th 2021, 1:13 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Logician INTP-A
I am not so sure. Maybe I should try tomorrow, and see if I answer the same way. I am not sure i know myself well enough to answer many of the questions with real truth. Or get someone to say what they think of me?
Old Oct 14th 2021, 1:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

2nd attempt…

Old Oct 14th 2021, 1:32 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Logician INTP-A
I am not so sure. Maybe I should try tomorrow, and see if I answer the same way. I am not sure i know myself well enough to answer many of the questions with real truth. Or get someone to say what they think of me?

Yes. I rather felt that also.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 2:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Logician INTP-A
Today I'm a completely different person, apparently.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 2:40 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Logician INTP-A
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Yes. I rather felt that also.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Today I'm a completely different person, apparently.
I always have trouble with the questions because for a lot of them I want to say "it depends" and better define the terms and the situation. So I tend to pick the middle rating on those. But then again, that may be true to type. I'm pretty much always an INFJ and it seems reasonably like me. If I answer in full-on work mode, I am sometimes an INTJ.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Mediator INFP-T

I don't think this describes my personality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.