Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Orphanage....

Orphanage....

Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orphanage....

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
The pics of the kids are adorable. Hope my contribution helps make their difficult lives a bit happier......and good for you for helping these kids.....they are our future......
Thanks so much. Fiorella thanks you.
Attached Thumbnails Orphanage....-p1010013.jpg  
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Thanks JG. Cris Jade thanks you.
Great work D. I love your blog. The orphanage may not have a great deal but I was impressed how clean and tidy everything was. All down to the helpers and children I presume.

The children look so happy...again down to helpers like you.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Thanks so much. Fiorella thanks you.
Give the kids a big hug and kiss for me. It was the least my family could do. We have so much; it was only proper to give something to those with so little......
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Great work D. I love your blog. The orphanage may not have a great deal but I was impressed how clean and tidy everything was. All down to the helpers and children I presume.

The children look so happy...again down to helpers like you.
The kids do most of the work keeping the place neat as possible. They tend the gardens, bake the bread, tend to the animals. Of course without interfering with school. Sunday is their lazy day.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The kids do most of the work keeping the place neat as possible. They tend the gardens, bake the bread, tend to the animals. Of course without interfering with school. Sunday is their lazy day.
Sounds like they deserve a lazy day.

Do any of the animals end up as food?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JG - only you would ask something like that......
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Cuy (guinea pigs) do. They also have three really big pigs and I think that perhaps once a year, if there is a breeding, they might see some pork. They also had rabbits, but there are only a few now. They have some sheep and a lamb was just born, but I don't now if that will end up on the menu eventually or not. The animals are good therapy for them. Many of them were simply abandoned, or given up because their parents either did not want them or could not afford them. In some cases there was physical or sexual abuse. They have a lot of baggage to carry, so anything to let them think about something good instead is a blessing.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

The Cuy (guinea pigs) do. They also have three really big pigs and I think that perhaps once a year, if there is a breeding, they might see some pork. They also had rabbits, but there are only a few now. They have some sheep and a lamb was just born, but I don't now if that will end up on the menu eventually or not. The animals are good therapy for them. Many of them were simply abandoned, or given up because their parents either did not want them or could not afford them. In some cases there was physical or sexual abuse. They have a lot of baggage to carry, so anything to let them think about something good instead is a blessing.
I read in your blog that some of the animals were used for therapy...that's why I asked. Animals are certainly great therapy and it does kids good to have the responsibility of caring for them.

Guinea pigs that's the last animal I would have thought of. I was thinking more of the pigs and lambs.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

JG - only you would ask something like that......
I know I can't help it...straight to the point that's me.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I read in your blog that some of the animals were used for therapy...that's why I asked. Animals are certainly great therapy and it does kids good to have the responsibility of caring for them.

Guinea pigs that's the last animal I would have thought of. I was thinking more of the pigs and lambs.
Guinea pigs are actually pretty much the same family as rabbit. Very common food here in the mountains. I never eat it because in restaurants they serve it on a platter, head still on, teeth showing, legs outstretched. Sort of takes away my appetite.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chipin seems to be having issues with their website at the moment. If you cannot connect there, here is our alternative pledge/donation site. http://pledgie.com/campaigns/16232
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chipin seems to be having issues with their website at the moment. If you cannot connect there, here is our alternative pledge/donation site. http://pledgie.com/campaigns/16232
Meant to ask last nite, do they have a sponsorship program, where people can sponsor one child or two at a time?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Meant to ask last nite, do they have a sponsorship program, where people can sponsor one child or two at a time?
You know, in one way it singles out certain children for special treatment over the others. They might agree to it, but there is a real community spirit among the kids and I think the preference is for communal help. Even I hesitate to do extra for a few of my favorites (there are a few who remind me so much of my daughters that I adore them) because it could cause the others to feel left out. If there were sufficient people to do so for all the children, that is something different. That is just my opinion, but I'm going tomorrow with some fruit and I will ask about it. I would love to see all the kids have someone who would individually sponsor them in some manner.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More of the kids.

Gadiel age 6. Gisella Yoselin age 8, Christian age 9.
Attached Thumbnails Orphanage....-p1010001.jpg   Orphanage....-p1010003.jpg   Orphanage....-p1010004.jpg  

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 5th 2011 at 6:40 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nataly 17, Jean Pierre 5, Jainer 10
Attached Thumbnails Orphanage....-p1010005.jpg   Orphanage....-p1010007.jpg   Orphanage....-p1010008.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.