Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:39 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:40 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:40 am

Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:41 am

Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:44 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

(facebook granny)

I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if my grannies had been able to post online. Would have been entertaining.

Though, I'd have just be bombarded with endless streams of 'have you stopped smoking yet?' from my Aunty Peggy day in and day out

(Peter and his hair)

I challenge any bloke who was aged 3-5 between the years of 1974 and 1985 to prove they don't have a photo of themselves with hair every bit as tragic as that. I don't know who taught our mums to cut hair, but I suspect it was Ray Charles.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
(facebook granny)

I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if my grannies had been able to post online. Would have been entertaining.

Though, I'd have just be bombarded with endless streams of 'have you stopped smoking yet?' from my Aunty Peggy day in and day out

Mine would just have been telling me to pull myself together.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:48 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Mine would just have been telling me to pull myself together.
They all meant well. Peggy smoked like a chimney up until the mid-80s, when her doctor told her she'd lose a leg if she continued and she quit overnight. As soon as she found out I smoked (think I was about 18 or so), she made it her life's work to make sure I stopped. Then when I finally did, right before I was about to leave for the US, and I was able to proudly tell her she sat there, gin and bitter lemon in hand, and said: "Well, you still drink, don't you?"

I miss Aunty Peggy
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
They all meant well. Peggy smoked like a chimney up until the mid-80s, when her doctor told her she'd lose a leg if she continued and she quit overnight. As soon as she found out I smoked (think I was about 18 or so), she made it her life's work to make sure I stopped. Then when I finally did, right before I was about to leave for the US, and I was able to proudly tell her she sat there, gin and bitter lemon in hand, and said: "Well, you still drink, don't you?"

I miss Aunty Peggy
Aunty Peggy sounds cool.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Aunty Peggy sounds cool.
She does.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:54 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Aunty Peggy sounds cool.
She was. Classic Belfast aunt, really (my mum's aunt, technically, but 'great aunt' doesn't roll off the tongue as easily), liked a drink, worked in Gallagher's during the war, wasn't shy to tell you what she thought and always had a cupboard full of sweets she'd dole out to me and my sister when we were visiting her.

She never married, and was always around family events so I saw her almost as much as my grandparents - and at parties she'd get drunk and recite 'The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God' with my uncle. Ahhh, great days.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 6:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II-stiffjoints.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 2:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Is that Boiler?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:23 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Is that Boiler?
The one in the red shirt is OF.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II-friars.jpg  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:01 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.