Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

Old Dec 19th 2004, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Movie Reviews

Originally Posted by Velouria
i loved the spaced series - they were excellent.

24 series one is brilliant - but the following series leave a lot to be desired. six feet under is also very good - dark.

im not normally a big fan of jim carrey - but eternal sunshine is supposed to be one his more serious roles. and im interested to see how well he can pull it off. not sure if its come out in the uk yet - although its on dvd here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/
Hmmm, looks interesting, I liked him in "The Truman Show" ... actually "Liar Liar" is guilty favourite of mine too

The Grinch is on at the moment here, not one of my favourites
Old Dec 19th 2004, 7:40 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Hmmm, looks interesting, I liked him in "The Truman Show" ... actually "Liar Liar" is guilty favourite of mine too

The Grinch is on at the moment here, not one of my favourites
i saw the original Grinch cartoon the other night.. along with Frosty the Snowman... *chuckles* that took me back!

True - i forgot about The Truman Show - i did really enjoy that

and i loved the Claw in Liar Liar rofl! especially when cary ewles tried (pathetically) to do it!

Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:22 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

24 series one is brilliant - but the following series leave a lot to be desired. six feet under is also very good - dark.
You seen the adds for the new one, series 4? Looks shite...

Anyway, just saw "Godsend"...weren't bad, predictable and cheesy, also not very scarey and went on a bit to long....but hey, the mother weren't bad
I'd give it 3/10
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:25 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by Bob
You seen the adds for the new one, series 4? Looks shite...

Anyway, just saw "Godsend"...weren't bad, predictable and cheesy, also not very scarey and went on a bit to long....but hey, the mother weren't bad
I'd give it 3/10
i havent seen the previews for series four - just as well if its that bad!

series one was the best.. except for that daughter.. everytime she comes on the screen, i cringe!

havent seen godsend yet.. im looking for somewhere to rent dvds online still

Old Dec 20th 2004, 2:02 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

i havent seen the previews for series four - just as well if its that bad!

...havent seen godsend yet.. im looking for somewhere to rent dvds online still
Aye, series one was cool, second was ok, couldn't be arsed with 3, and now 4 looks really stupid...

as for online rental, there's netflicks..and what baout blockbuster? and if you have broadband, there's a couple d/load rentals, www.divx.com I think there's info about movies to rent from them
Old Dec 24th 2004, 5:28 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

saw "Flight of the Phoenix", pants, that would sum it up, 3/10...did have a few moments, and if you like ticking the names off the radio times when people die, you might like it, but it really isn't that good, had potential, but the best bits really were the trailer...
Old Dec 24th 2004, 5:32 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
saw "Flight of the Phoenix", pants, ..
is that the new Leonardo one? about the rich aviator gone crazy?
Old Dec 24th 2004, 5:35 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

"Liar Liar" is guilty favourite of mine too
my hubby brought that one back from Blockbuster....whatever! why do you bring that shite movie home!!

Watched it......................loved it!!!!

i think these days the best movies are those were you have no "hyped up by the media expectations" , works for me anyhow
Old Dec 24th 2004, 6:36 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Memento. Very interesting, both in terms of storyline and the way how it was shot, but it did leave just one very big gaping question...how the hell did he remember that he had a short term memory problem?

(watch the film before you attempt to answer that one)
Old Dec 24th 2004, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
my hubby brought that one back from Blockbuster....whatever! why do you bring that shite movie home!!

Watched it......................loved it!!!!

i think these days the best movies are those were you have no "hyped up by the media expectations" , works for me anyhow
You're right about just stumbling onto a movie ... I saw "Keep The Aspidistra Flying" (or however you spell the damn plant) the other week and really enjoyed it. And "Some Like It Hot", which I didn't expect to like.

Sometimes you do wonder if "The Media" in general takes too much out the film before it's been released (Previews, Interviews, Trailers, Endless Specials and "tie-ins", etc, etc). Yeh, promote it, but don't kill it, we can make up our own minds if it's good or not.

I think it's getting that way with the music press ... I used to read the NME and get all the goss (and think I was "informed") until I realised it was just a load of wannabee or failed musicians jacking-off (or up) and living a fantasy.

I read a review of an Avalanches gig at some festival (V2002 I think it was) where they mentioned a track that hadn't even been played ... total con, the guy was probably in the bar (if he was at the festival at all).

The closer you get to the people that are actually enthusiastic about the music (or film) the more truth you tend to find. Hence my love of the "Fanzine" culture, they aren't tied to the big corporates so can be independent.

Blimey, that's a lot of words ...
Old Dec 24th 2004, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

Saw "Phantom of the Opera", my first time ever, to stand up, and clap with adulation, with all other attendees in the showing. Andrew Lloyd Webber may look a little 'ding battish', but I love his music.
Old Dec 24th 2004, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Britarm
Saw "Phantom of the Opera", my first time ever, to stand up, and clap with adulation, with all other attendees in the showing. Andrew Lloyd Webber may look a little 'ding battish', but I love his music.
I went to see Cats a long time ago and surprised myself by enjoying it ... an open mind is a happy mind.

Merry Christmas to you Britarm!

Cheers
Matt
Old Dec 24th 2004, 2:38 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by syllk
I liked Memento. Very interesting, both in terms of storyline and the way how it was shot, but it did leave just one very big gaping question...how the hell did he remember that he had a short term memory problem?

(watch the film before you attempt to answer that one)
good point! i loved that film!

Old Dec 24th 2004, 2:39 pm
Velouria

I went to see Cats a long time ago and surprised myself by enjoying it ... an open mind is a happy mind.

Cheers
Matt
i agree completely Cats was the first musical/play i had ever seen. i have such fond memories of it!

Old Dec 24th 2004, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Matt
Thanks Matt, same to you. I guess I should have added, this "Phantom" was the new movie, already has three Oscar noms.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.