Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:32 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Reviews

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Love that movie...especially the Mission Impossible bit: "It's a THONG!!!"
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:36 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We went and saw Polar Express last weekend. I'd rate it a 9+.
WOW that good is it?? my son is going to see that with his school...actually friends whose kids are in diff.schools have also seen it..I kind of wonder why it's become like a school event Worth going to the movies for? or will it do just as well on my smallscreen at home?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
WOW that good is it?? my son is going to see that with his school...actually friends whose kids are in diff.schools have also seen it..I kind of wonder why it's become like a school event Worth going to the movies for? or will it do just as well on my smallscreen at home?
No don't wait for the DVD CA. Its an awesome movie with a lot of twists and turns (literally! lol) its much better on the big screen.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen American History X? Thats one very powerful movie, should be shown in schools I feel, I would give it 8/9!
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:58 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
Anyone seen American History X? Thats one very powerful movie, should be shown in schools I feel, I would give it 8/9!
yup, that's a good movie, sad ending though.

Just saw "national treasure", which was pretty fun stuff, not to be taken seriously, and lots of good one liners, I'd give it 7/10. The missus liked it cos it had that scottish guy in it, and sean bean *l*
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:00 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, that's a good movie, sad ending though.

Just saw "national treasure", which was pretty fun stuff, not to be taken seriously, and lots of good one liners, I'd give it 7/10. The missus liked it cos it had that scottish guy in it, and sean bean *l*
oh yeah i fancy that one looks kinda like tomb raider only it has Nick Cage in it , you watched it tonight?
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:02 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah i fancy that one looks kinda like tomb raider only it has Nick Cage in it , you watched it tonight?
yeah, through nefarious means *l* Was a fun movie, lots of dry humour, cage weren't bad in it, the kind of humour in "the rock". Certainly to be taken with a pinch of salt and not to be taken seriously and you'll enjoy it
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:25 am
Back Again

50 first Dates -a friend told me it was funny so i rented it...what a disappointment..how come Adam Sandler can only manage to act one character..Adam Sandler ...it got a few laughs but all in all i hated the whole story and it quickly got boring...girl has no memory ,everyday he has to make her fall in love with him...at least the repetition in Groundhog Day was funny!!!
And who on earth thought up the ending??
turned it from a score of 5 to a 2
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:36 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

at least the repetition in Groundhog Day was funny!!!
Haha, love that film...but have you seen the uncut version? 23 FRICKIN DVD'S!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:45 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

50 first Dates -a friend told me it was funny so i rented it...what a disappointment...(
I actually liked that movie, it was cute, stupid, but cute, but then it was another dubious acquisition.

40 Days and 40 Nights is another amusing movie, kinda cruel at points, but it was a good laugh, 7/10
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:14 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by Bob
40 Days and 40 Nights is another amusing movie, kinda cruel at points, but it was a good laugh, 7/10
is that the one were the guys not suppose to have sex for 40 days??

i liked How to Lose a guy in 10 Days- romantic comedy 7/10

I'd give Calendar girls a 7 too , it was great!! good to see a movie that shows off how beautiful the British countryside is and how funny and down to earth the people are...i get tired of seeing all the glossy crap Hollywood churns out

LOL after saying that i've rented Starsky and Hutch
never watched the show but i can't resist Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson together...I loved Zoolander it's freaking hilarious ,that gets an 8/10

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Dec 3rd 2004 at 3:16 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 4:55 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

LOL after saying that i've rented Starsky and Hutch
never watched the show but i can't resist Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson together...I loved Zoolander it's freaking hilarious ,that gets an 8/10
Aye, that be the movie...and starsky...yeah, that was fun too, stupid...but fun none the less, and snoop was great
Old Dec 13th 2004, 1:58 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Just saw "Bride and Prejudice"
And it was great, bit cheesy, and for a musical, really good, and a nice twist on a classic story, I'd give it 9/10
Old Dec 13th 2004, 1:31 pm
Back Again

National Treasure-Nicholas Cage plays a treasure hunter who's family has handed down,through the generations, a clue that starts his journey to finding the lost treasure of the Knights of the Templar.....fun, action packed , kinda like watching him on a scavenger hunt as he finds one clue that leads him to another....an oh yeah he steals the Declaration of Independance...I'm sure there was a history lesson in there too....easy to watch movie 8/10
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:09 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

National Treasure
You notice the boo-boo Cage made near the start on the ship?
Just before the flare incident, he calls to Ian, and says "Sean"....who's the actor, not the character
Said it twice too...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.