Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old Nov 29th 2018, 10:56 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Technocat. Plays games and skypes with Granddad.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:19 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky. View Post

Technocat. Plays games and skypes with Granddad.
Cool!
I have (somewhere) a photo of Tache playing 'Swat the mouse' on an iPad.

Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Cool!
I have (somewhere) a photo of Tache playing 'Swat the mouse' on an iPad.

I can't get mine to show any interest in screens at all. The Little Lion wants to talk to him over skype from the UK but the cat's having none of it.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:40 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I can't get mine to show any interest in screens at all. The Little Lion wants to talk to him over skype from the UK but the cat's having none of it.
Has he tried wiggling his fingers or moving something around to attract the cat's eyes to the movement.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Has he tried wiggling his fingers or moving something around to attract the cat's eyes to the movement.
Videos of birds on youtube work for Nancy Boy.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'll suggest finger wiggling.

He has being relying on voice recognition, but that doesn't seem to be working at all.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 11:59 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I'll suggest finger wiggling.

He has being relying on voice recognition, but that doesn't seem to be working at all.
Likely sounds different to a cat's highly tuned ear.

Aw. When MrBEVS had to go to the UK for Smother-in-law, I would pick up my old Ty and bite his ear to have him meow for MrBEVS.
Ty was quite obliging that way. I tried that with The Dust I would be missing body parts.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:08 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Videos of birds on youtube work for Nancy Boy.
Yup, mine are into monkeys on Attenborough for Pom, Pim is somewhat less discerning, and will happily watch whatever drivel happens to be on, as long as those cuddles keep on coming.

Love'em both.

Crap, Pim just got mouse #4.

No, it's already tomorrow, so that elevates it to mouse #1 for today.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:32 am

Likely sounds different to a cat's highly tuned ear.

Aw. When MrBEVS had to go to the UK for Smother-in-law, I would pick up my old Ty and bite his ear to have him meow for MrBEVS.
Ty was quite obliging that way. I tried that with The Dust I would be missing body parts.
Our cat shouts a lot, so no trouble getting him to speak. He's orange, but I'm sure he must be part Siamese because he talks and talks and talks and talks.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Yup, mine are into monkeys on Attenborough for Pom, Pim is somewhat less discerning, and will happily watch whatever drivel happens to be on, as long as those cuddles keep on coming.

Love'em both.

Crap, Pim just got mouse #4.

No, it's already tomorrow, so that elevates it to mouse #1 for today.

How many mice are there in your house, if you don't mind me asking
Old Nov 30th 2018, 1:03 am
Somewhere

Our cat shouts a lot, so no trouble getting him to speak. He's orange, but I'm sure he must be part Siamese because he talks and talks and talks and talks.
That was my beloved Ty too except if asked to make a sound to husband via phone/laptop. Then it was

He was a pale ginger & most thought he was moggy/burmese. Later years he could wake the village & I had to explain to neighbours he was just shouting rather than talking as he was a little bit deaf.

I loves & miss him painfully too much. I have to go away and have a grizzle now.

Old Nov 30th 2018, 3:45 am

That was my beloved Ty too except if asked to make a sound to husband via phone/laptop. Then it was

He was a pale ginger & most thought he was moggy/burmese. Later years he could wake the village & I had to explain to neighbours he was just shouting rather than talking as he was a little bit deaf.

I loves & miss him painfully too much. I have to go away and have a grizzle now.

He was a lovely cat and you gave him a great life.

Seabiscuit the Cat just likes the sound of his own voice, and has a comment on everything. It's impossible to get the last word with him.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Nov 30th 2018 at 3:51 am.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 6:14 am
BEfuddled

How many mice are there in your house, if you don't mind me asking
We only suffer from serial mice, thank goodness. They get culled from the great outdoors on a regular basis, dragged through the 'tunnel of love', then either eaten or ignored.

Can't miss them, due to the triumphant shouting - even Pom can shout sometimes.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 8:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Of the last five kittens I had, Peggy the tabby got rehomed last week, yesterday a lady fell in love with George, went away to think about it because she loved Polo (charcoal fluff) too and couldn't decide whether to get both. Today the other two went off to a pet shop we use. Lady came back to get George only, went in to room with carrier, George went in the carrier and as the woman started closing the door, Polo stepped forward, nuzzled lady and climbed in the carrier. She adopted both. Lovely woman.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:31 am
BEfuddled

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Of the last five kittens I had, Peggy the tabby got rehomed last week, yesterday a lady fell in love with George, went away to think about it because she loved Polo (charcoal fluff) too and couldn't decide whether to get both. Today the other two went off to a pet shop we use. Lady came back to get George only, went in to room with carrier, George went in the carrier and as the woman started closing the door, Polo stepped forward, nuzzled lady and climbed in the carrier. She adopted both. Lovely woman.
Sounds like a perfect end to that episode.

Next?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.