Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old Sep 15th 2021, 8:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Usually pretending to be asleep leads to actually being asleep too, which can often be nice.

I think you may be spending a bit too much time with cats.....

You are adopting their ways.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 8:35 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think you may be spending a bit too much time with cats.....

You are adopting their ways.
They are pretty on the ball with regards to conservation of energy to be fair.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:11 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

We picked up the final kitten yesterday. He's another ragdoll but way fluffier than Watson and he's insanely affectionate. As soon as I took him out of the carrier he was all over me and he just cuddled up to the wife on the way back home. We put him in one of the bathrooms when we got home to allow him to adjust to the new smells etc, the same drill we did with the other 2 kittens who now have full roam of the house. But holy shit does he scream when he's left alone. I thought Thanos was a bit whiney but I can literally hear this kitten at the other end of the house so it's going to feel like a long 10 or so days before he's released to roam too. To make matter worse I went in their at 5am to pee and he literally jumped in to the toilet mid-stream. I religiously close toilets lids to stop cats falling in to the toilet by accident but I never expected one to jump in whilst you're actually using it. I had to stop, fish him out and give the little bugger a bath, he thought it was great fun though.

Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:22 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds like loads of fun to be around early on a Friday morning
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
We picked up the final kitten yesterday. He's another ragdoll but way fluffier than Watson and he's insanely affectionate. As soon as I took him out of the carrier he was all over me and he just cuddled up to the wife on the way back home. We put him in one of the bathrooms when we got home to allow him to adjust to the new smells etc, the same drill we did with the other 2 kittens who now have full roam of the house. But holy shit does he scream when he's left alone. I thought Thanos was a bit whiney but I can literally hear this kitten at the other end of the house so it's going to feel like a long 10 or so days before he's released to roam too. To make matter worse I went in their at 5am to pee and he literally jumped in to the toilet mid-stream. I religiously close toilets lids to stop cats falling in to the toilet by accident but I never expected one to jump in whilst you're actually using it. I had to stop, fish him out and give the little bugger a bath, he thought it was great fun though.

Beautiful cat.

Maybe he needs early release from the bathroom.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:42 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful cat.

Maybe he needs early release from the bathroom.
We're considering it, the older cats are already used to the other kittens now so it's possible they'd just accept him too. It doesn't seem like the new environment even remotely phases him and after a swim in the toilet I doubt him smelling like his old home will be much of an issue either. I think after a couple of days of making sure he's eating and using the litter tray we'll probably start introductions early.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 5:05 am
You aint seen me, right?

Well he's out and surprisingly enough the only cat who has a problem with him is Watson, the other ragdoll who is 3 days older than him. Any time he sees him he hisses and growls but so far Elvis (I hate the name but the wife insisted) pays no attention and goes barrelling around the house anyways. He's taken a liking to Thanos though who in turn spends most of his time by my feet so whenever I walk around the house it's like a kitten parade.

Old Sep 20th 2021, 11:32 am

Well he's out and surprisingly enough the only cat who has a problem with him is Watson, the other ragdoll who is 3 days older than him. Any time he sees him he hisses and growls but so far Elvis (I hate the name but the wife insisted) pays no attention and goes barrelling around the house anyways. He's taken a liking to Thanos though who in turn spends most of his time by my feet so whenever I walk around the house it's like a kitten parade.

I'm sure they'll all settle down. They have a way of working things out. We need a pic of all of them in one shot though.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 4:33 pm
You aint seen me, right?

I'm sure they'll all settle down. They have a way of working things out. We need a pic of all of them in one shot though.

That's probably as good as I'll get for a while, Elvis in his natural habitat, which just so happens to be Thanos' litter tray. Whilst Thanos likes to watch as you scoop his litter, Elvis likes to get in and take a dump. I'll just be glad when they're all using the big boy litter trays and I can stop scooping.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 12:40 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably as good as I'll get for a while, Elvis in his natural habitat, which just so happens to be Thanos' litter tray. Whilst Thanos likes to watch as you scoop his litter, Elvis likes to get in and take a dump. I'll just be glad when they're all using the big boy litter trays and I can stop scooping.
The ginger one is gorgeous.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of cats and kittens have moved on since I last posted any. I currently have three four week old kittens and their mumma. I only have one half way decent photo at the moment and it's Steffi.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 5:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

She's a cutie pie
Old Sep 21st 2021, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Lots of cats and kittens have moved on since I last posted any. I currently have three four week old kittens and their mumma. I only have one half way decent photo at the moment and it's Steffi.

No hard edges anywhere. All fluff, all the time.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 5:19 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi is a beauty, such gorgeous eyes and an impeccable taste in socks.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi's sisters are June and Plato. Their mum is Rebel. You can just see 1 hour old June next to her face. The three E kittens have just left me and are now ready for have moved to the rehoming centre. Because of COVID I've been doing rehoming from home and the three adults are the last few to come through my place.

June

Plato

Rebel

Emmi, Eric and Elvis

Ginger Boots

Oscar

Tabitha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.