Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old Apr 15th 2021, 11:00 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Prepping for the big day.

These two will turn 9 of our human years tomorrow, I've <search-engined> various sites that put the equivalent feline years anywhere from 48 to 56.

As far as I'm concerned, they're still teenagers; they sleep in most of the day, they don't listen to a word of advice, they bugger off out for the evening, only to come back well late, and straight back to sleep.
Many happy returns to Pim and Pom!! (I hope I got that right)

At 14 1/2 Smokey also believes he is still a teenager, though I think his stamina for evening jaunts is somewhat reduced these days. However like all teenagers he thinks that whenever somebody is in the kitchen there is food in the offing for him.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 11:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
At 14 1/2 Smokey also believes he is still a teenager, though I think his stamina for evening jaunts is somewhat reduced these days.
An old tomcat a friend had would come back in the morning with various injuries. Assorted divots out of his tail, the vet said "Well, that's a defensive wound." I said to my friend "He's old and besides, he's fixed, why does he do it?" My friend said he still goes out in an advisory capacity.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 11:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
An old tomcat a friend had would come back in the morning with various injuries. Assorted divots out of his tail, the vet said "Well, that's a defensive wound." I said to my friend "He's old and besides, he's fixed, why does he do it?" My friend said he still goes out in an advisory capacity.

The consigliere.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 4:25 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Prepping for the big day.

These two will turn 9 of our human years tomorrow, I've <search-engined> various sites that put the equivalent feline years anywhere from 48 to 56.

As far as I'm concerned, they're still teenagers; they sleep in most of the day, they don't listen to a word of advice, they bugger off out for the evening, only to come back well late, and straight back to sleep.

Beautiful animals.They're probably out drinking beers and smoking behind the sheds.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 12:23 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
Many happy returns to Pim and Pom!! (I hope I got that right)

At 14 1/2 Smokey also believes he is still a teenager, though I think his stamina for evening jaunts is somewhat reduced these days. However like all teenagers he thinks that whenever somebody is in the kitchen there is food in the offing for him.
Yup, Pim and Pom. Like Smokey, they're quite willing to help out in the kitchen, although they don't agree with the idea of brining poultry.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Beautiful animals.They're probably out drinking beers and smoking behind the sheds.
Pom does have a thing about sheds, but it tends to involve getting herself locked in someone else's. Last time she was gone four days, coming back - shouting quite loudly for her - several hours after we leafleted the neighbourhood asking people to please check their outbuildings.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 9:13 pm

Watching. Always watching.

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

This is H.R.H twiggy likes nothing more than a good old smooth and rub .Then she bites you! yeah just like most women.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

How many cats do you see??? this is little bob, I know he is asleep because he is not eating gustiest cat I've ever known!
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

This is smudge back from his travels, Just chilling
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

This is coco a very happy go lucky little cat, Reminds of a lamb in spring runs and jumps and climbs trees all the time
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is big bob the old man of the family.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:16 pm

That's a lot of cats, ECK. Lovely beasts though.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

My son in Los Angeles is moving today. Stilton is assessing the new situation..
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

My son in Los Angeles is moving today. Stilton is assessing the new situation..

Stilton looks slightly less than impressed.

Still, there is one great thing about animals. You can call them anything you like. Stilton is a great name, but you would never get away with naming your son "Stilton".
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 10:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Stilton is a great name, but you would never get away with naming your son "Stilton".
Not if he's already called something else but apparently forename Stilton is a thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.