Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Hows your 'Friends' count?

Hows your 'Friends' count?

Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hows your 'Friends' count?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I can't criticize, I would like to move somewhere where it doesn't snow.
Portugal
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:36 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Portugal
As nice as that would be, maybe somewhere a bit closer
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone answer the 'wellbeing mental health ' bit.?

I think I went a bit stir crazy in my 40's when I couldn't stand to hear the Dutch language for awhile..and was desperate to go home. Overall though I think being an ex-pat actually made me more mature ,rather than become mentally ill ( others may have different views on that) I do now pick and choose more carefully who I will spend time with.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As nice as that would be, maybe somewhere a bit closer
Florida
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I have had some passing acquaintances over the years, but no real friends. The few friends I did have in California when I left we lost contact and I have no idea where they are today. Also have a couple acquaintances via my wife but wouldn't say they are my friends, I only know them through my wife and we don't have much in common and I never see them....

I do talk to my mom and dad every few months, but grew apart from my siblings and we rarely talks, and most of my nieces and nephews were either not born or too young when I left the US to remember me.

I had no friends in school so I don't have any from that part of my life.

I am not exactly in a region known for friendliness though, this area is known for not being that friendly and very cliquey in nature making it hard for outsiders, much like Seattle is known for.
Huh ? Is Seattle known for that ? My ED hasn't found that ...but I suppose she is off the coast in the San Juans
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:50 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Florida
My wife's uncle is retired and lives in Florida. All his wife does is post pictures of her sitting by the beach and it's just what we love to see when it's snowing outside
Old Feb 7th 2020, 5:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My sister made me chicken soup from scratch today. Who needs friends?
Old Feb 7th 2020, 5:31 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
My sister made me chicken soup from scratch today. Who needs friends?
The chicken, apparently ...
Old Feb 7th 2020, 5:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The chicken, apparently ...

It gave its life for a noble cause. Oh hell, now I'm starting to feel sorry for the bloody thing.

On that happy note I'll try again for the sandman. After 1:30am here, I've already turned into a pumpkin.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 6:08 pm
Hail Satan!

It gave its life for a noble cause. Oh hell, now I'm starting to feel sorry for the bloody thing.

On that happy note I'll try again for the sandman. After 1:30am here, I've already turned into a pumpkin.
It wouldn't have existed at all if we weren't going to eat it, so don't feel bad. At least its short life ended bringing happiness to someone by way of the delicious taste of chicken.

Nighty night, nonetheless. I'm working on 3 hours of sleep today, it is not advisable.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 12:20 am
Concierge

It wouldn't have existed at all if we weren't going to eat it, so don't feel bad. At least its short life ended bringing happiness to someone by way of the delicious taste of chicken.

Nighty night, nonetheless. I'm working on 3 hours of sleep today, it is not advisable.
I hope you have the longest sleep-in today.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Huh ? Is Seattle known for that ? My ED hasn't found that ...but I suppose she is off the coast in the San Juans
It's called the Seattle freeze.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 2:25 pm
Hail Satan!

I hope you have the longest sleep-in today.
Saturday? I was up at 7:30 to get some breakfast before going to play football. Think I went to bed somewhere around 2am Friday night. I'm rarely asleep before 12am unless I doze off with the TV on.

Sunday I had a bit of a power nap, but I'm back on 4 hours a night for the work week. Coffee and existential dread get me through the week.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 5:40 pm
Concierge

Saturday? I was up at 7:30 to get some breakfast before going to play football. Think I went to bed somewhere around 2am Friday night. I'm rarely asleep before 12am unless I doze off with the TV on.

Sunday I had a bit of a power nap, but I'm back on 4 hours a night for the work week. Coffee and existential dread get me through the week.
I think it was Saturday morning here when I posted, but don't hold me to that.

Have you had a chat with your doc about not sleeping well? That sounds like some serious sleep deprivation to me, especially for a working boy.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 5:44 pm
Hail Satan!

I think it was Saturday morning here when I posted, but don't hold me to that.

Have you had a chat with your doc about not sleeping well? That sounds like some serious sleep deprivation to me, especially for a working boy.
Every now and then I'll get a night or two where I doze off earlier than usual in the living room, that's just my brain's way of shutting me down for a while. The 4 hours a night is what happens if I'm actively awake past 10pm because generally I don't get tired until closer to 2 and then I'm up at 6-6:30ish. One or two nights a week, I'll pass out at 8 or 9 to make it up. I've always been somewhat nocturnal, I get by. Generally I make it up at the weekends anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.