Dreams

Old Apr 15th 2020, 8:19 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dreams

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
- almost certainly "backwards dreaming"..... where the mind makes an excuse for something that has already happened.
As a kid I used to backward dream about fire-engines a lot.... the buggers used to drive up the street, bells clanging, just before my alarm went off!!
In the 80s/90s the fire station in our town used to use an old air raid siren to call in the part time firemen when needed. That thing used to haunt my dreams if it went off during the night when I was asleep.

I never really noticed exactly when they stopped using it and went with beepers/mobile phone alerts but I always strangely missed the sound of it, even though it was never a good thing when it went off.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 9:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
and I posted in completely the wrong thread
I thought you were probably dreaming.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I was dreaming like crazy last night, pleasent dreams mostly.

I sometimes I have fighting dreams, I am literally fighting, like kicking and punching in my sleep as I fight in the dream, those are not super common but weird and usually wakes everyone else up....

The falling dream is the worst, not frequent, but I hate it.

And sometimes i assume I am dreaming but I wake up my body jumps as if it were bouncing from being dropped, maybe its the aliens bringing me back.

I am just glad I don't get nightmares like my wife, her dreams sound miserable based on her sleep talking.

Sometimes the dog is clearly dreaming, kicking and snarling but sound asleep.

Sleep related, I hate the habit I have of waking up right before my alarm, not sure why it annoys me, but I consistently when I need to be up at a specific time and have an alarm set wake up 1-2 minutes before it goes off.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Apr 15th 2020 at 10:56 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 3:22 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I was dreaming like crazy last night, pleasent dreams mostly.

I sometimes I have fighting dreams, I am literally fighting, like kicking and punching in my sleep as I fight in the dream, those are not super common but weird and usually wakes everyone else up....

The falling dream is the worst, not frequent, but I hate it.

And sometimes i assume I am dreaming but I wake up my body jumps as if it were bouncing from being dropped, maybe its the aliens bringing me back.

I am just glad I don't get nightmares like my wife, her dreams sound miserable based on her sleep talking.

Sometimes the dog is clearly dreaming, kicking and snarling but sound asleep.

Sleep related, I hate the habit I have of waking up right before my alarm, not sure why it annoys me, but I consistently when I need to be up at a specific time and have an alarm set wake up 1-2 minutes before it goes off.
Do you ever have a fighting dream where you try to punch someone but your arm moves in slow motion, like you're trying to punch through oatmeal or something? That happens to me all the time.

I get the falling dreams too, accompanied by a jolt awake right before I hit the ground. When I was younger I used to have the opposite kind of dream where I'd jump, but would take off and start flying around, I loved those ones
Old Apr 16th 2020, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I dream every night and always in colour. I have a repetitive dream that annoys me because during the dream I know it's just a dream but I can't stop it happening.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 11:30 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating! .... Then what happened? - Did Bristol forget his PIN??

Old May 18th 2020, 1:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another variation on the nowhere to pee.

I was following a sign for the toilet but to use it I had to sign up for gym membership - something like that. Desperate, I carried on my search and asked a couple of young women if there was a toilet. "Do you need a door" one asked. "Yes" I said - believing this to be a reference to those times when my dream has enabled me to find a vacant, working toilet only to not be able to use it because I couldn't close/lock the door.

But as I followed them I wondered if it was some subtle code for whether I'd be standing or sitting.

We walked through a clothing store and then they showed me the door. As I went in and was closing the door I told them they couldn't know how grateful I was and that I even have dreams where I can't find a place to go.

I bolted the door (yess!) and turned to find a curtain which I pulled back and revealed nothing at all. What? Was I supposed to just go on the floor? What if I needed the other? I looked around me to find a storage room with clothes ready to go out on the floor. I saw a drain in the floor. Was I to use that?

So someone apparently takes pity on me, leads me to a toilet with a lockable door and I still have nowhere to go.
Old May 18th 2020, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Yet another variation on the nowhere to pee.

I was following a sign for the toilet but to use it I had to sign up for gym membership - something like that. Desperate, I carried on my search and asked a couple of young women if there was a toilet. "Do you need a door" one asked. "Yes" I said - believing this to be a reference to those times when my dream has enabled me to find a vacant, working toilet only to not be able to use it because I couldn't close/lock the door.

But as I followed them I wondered if it was some subtle code for whether I'd be standing or sitting.

We walked through a clothing store and then they showed me the door. As I went in and was closing the door I told them they couldn't know how grateful I was and that I even have dreams where I can't find a place to go.

I bolted the door (yess!) and turned to find a curtain which I pulled back and revealed nothing at all. What? Was I supposed to just go on the floor? What if I needed the other? I looked around me to find a storage room with clothes ready to go out on the floor. I saw a drain in the floor. Was I to use that?

So someone apparently takes pity on me, leads me to a toilet with a lockable door and I still have nowhere to go.
In real life right now, with all restaurants closed or only open for take-out, I wonder where all the 'outdoor workers' go for their bathroom breaks? I had a landscaping crew over at my place on Friday, doing their usual 'clean up' on my patio plus a bit of repair work on a wall. Normally, I assume they hit up a McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever, for their toilet needs but what do they do these days ... ? I didn't ask ...
Old May 18th 2020, 8:01 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I had a landscaping crew over at my place on Friday, doing their usual 'clean up' on my patio...I assume they hit up a McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever, for their toilet needs but what do they do these days ... ? I didn't ask ...
This might be one of those questions you won't like the answer to.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 12:12 pm
Oscar nominated

Last night I was on my way home and came across a new large building (or series of low-rise buildings) covering such an area it would add time to my walk.

I watched a van go through a gateway which remained opened so I went in thinking if I could find an exit the other side, I could save time. Sure enough I saw some doors in a long glass wall. Unfortunately, as I approached I saw people exit but it was clear they could only do so by means of some device they held to the lock.

I looked for other exits with no luck and resigned myself to going back where I came in. There was a yard with vans parked and some men in uniform. Looked like a post office or other courier depot. I went over to the drivers to ask for help to get out.

They laughed at me. They weren't drivers, they were prison officers. "You'd like us to help you get away? hohoho..."

They didn't believe I was just looking for a short cut. They kept referring me to other officers and it was the same with each one.

Occasionally there would be one who was sympathetic but just as I think I'm getting somewhere they speak to a colleague and have a good laugh the same as everyone else.

I have my social insurance number card (only a number on it), medicare card and a bank card but none have photo or even address. To humour me they check my name in the system and of course I'm not there, but with no proper ID that doesn't mean I am who I say I am.

So they think that me wandering around with plastic bags of shopping - that's where I'd been - was just some ruse to escape from prison.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 12:15 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was on my way home and came across a new large building (or series of low-rise buildings) covering such an area it would add time to my walk.

I watched a van go through a gateway which remained opened so I went in thinking if I could find an exit the other side, I could save time. Sure enough I saw some doors in a long glass wall. Unfortunately, as I approached I saw people exit but it was clear they could only do so by means of some device they held to the lock.

I looked for other exits with no luck and resigned myself to going back where I came in. There was a yard with vans parked and some men in uniform. Looked like a post office or other courier depot. I went over to the drivers to ask for help to get out.

They laughed at me. They weren't drivers, they were prison officers. "You'd like us to help you get away? hohoho..."

They didn't believe I was just looking for a short cut. They kept referring me to other officers and it was the same with each one.

Occasionally there would be one who was sympathetic but just as I think I'm getting somewhere they speak to a colleague and have a good laugh the same as everyone else.

I have my social insurance number card (only a number on it), medicare card and a bank card but none have photo or even address. To humour me they check my name in the system and of course I'm not there, but with no proper ID that doesn't mean I am who I say I am.

So they think that me wandering around with plastic bags of shopping - that's where I'd been - was just some ruse to escape from prison.
Did you check the ingredients of the burger you had yesterday evening??
Old Jul 5th 2020, 1:21 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Did you check the ingredients of the burger you had yesterday evening??
The whisky might have been a more likely reason.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 1:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The whisky might have been a more likely reason.
It's the sort of dream a career bureaucrat might have.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 2:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
It's the sort of dream a career bureaucrat might have.

Like the school one where I have to go back for 6 months because I left too early in 1973
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

and ... ?

Did you just wake up at that point - still in jail? Bet you want to go back to sleep just to find out what happened! At least, I do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.