Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Oct 28th 2020, 1:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Js, it's really not worth it, it always tastes like yak piss.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I stock up on Bovril and herbal tea like mint and assorted zingers, and intersperse chugging the nasty stuff with drinks to kill the taste. The first time I had to fast, of course I hadn't laid in any supplies like Boost or Ensure, so I got really hungry, then re-read the instructions and realised I was allowed broth. I made soup out of all the leftovers in the fridge, put it through a strainer and drank the broth, and it was heavenly.
Keeps the hunger pangs at bay for scouse too, at least you feel like you've had something. Nothing helps me with getting the yak's piss down, I'm a dry-retching eye-streaming mess the whole time.

Had Bovril or Marmite been an option, then I'd have gone there like the proverbial rat up a thing that rats go up.

Had Vegemite been on offer, I'd probably have opted for more yak piss.

Vegemite's iconic marketing phrase here is 'it puts a rose in every cheek'. It would be a nice gift to the person doing the procedure.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post

Anyhow the report the doctor provided lists the colon as healthy in appearance no visible signs of disease. Took some random tissue samples from different sections of the colon to test just to make sure there isn't something hiding, but visually the colon appears healthy.

The doctor was very nice, and took his time to explain the procedure, risks, and what he would be doing.
I thought we were going in for our various 'things' on Thursday! Glad it's over for you and that you got your (great!) results so quickly. A huge nosh up then bed for you young man
Old Oct 28th 2020, 1:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Js, it's really not worth it, it always tastes like yak piss.
I'm not sure if I want to know how you know that or not.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 2:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm not sure if I want to know how you know that or not.
Suffice to say that some people on here are really well travelled.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I thought we were going in for our various 'things' on Thursday! Glad it's over for you and that you got your (great!) results so quickly. A huge nosh up then bed for you young man

Maybe I made a typo, it was Tuesday for me.

Yes they always give the visual results pretty quickly, does take 1-2 weeks for the tissue samples, but based on what the doctor saw, and lack of polyps and no visual concerns, he feels the tissue samples will come back normal.

Such a weird feeling the medication the give is.

- Nurse says she is giving medication and I feel a little loopy

- I am in and out of awareness during the procedure so remember bits of it.

- Wide awake in recovery

It all felt like it was 1-2 minutes, and the in and out of awareness is trippy.

From time of receiving medication to leaving was about 1 hour, and about 2 hrs 40 minutes from arriving.

Then I ate when I got home, and tried to stay up, and went to before the sun, and woke up just past 9am, I estimate I slept for about 17 hours.

Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I estimate I slept for about 17 hours.
I'll have some of that please.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I'll have some of that please.
Get a colonoscopy and ask for the good stuff....

I am sure it was a mix of only sleeping 3 hours Monday night, adding in a sedative at the hospital, they did say it could make me sleepy the rest of the day.... Just had a sleep debt to pay off. lol
Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:01 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I made a typo, it was Tuesday for me.

Yes they always give the visual results pretty quickly, does take 1-2 weeks for the tissue samples, but based on what the doctor saw, and lack of polyps and no visual concerns, he feels the tissue samples will come back normal.

Such a weird feeling the medication the give is.

- Nurse says she is giving medication and I feel a little loopy

- I am in and out of awareness during the procedure so remember bits of it.

- Wide awake in recovery

It all felt like it was 1-2 minutes, and the in and out of awareness is trippy.

From time of receiving medication to leaving was about 1 hour, and about 2 hrs 40 minutes from arriving.

Then I ate when I got home, and tried to stay up, and went to before the sun, and woke up just past 9am, I estimate I slept for about 17 hours.
Great news on the visual results!! .. and wonderful to sleep for that many hours - probably did you the world of good
Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Get a colonoscopy and ask for the good stuff....
Oh I had it both times. I zig-zagged home on the arm of my stepdaughter
But I didn't have a long sleep.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Oh I had it both times. I zig-zagged home on the arm of my stepdaughter
But I didn't have a long sleep.
I seem to at times have a delayed reaction to sedatives...lol

But it mostly likely had more to do with 3 hours sleep Monday night.

Between 8am Monday and 4pm Tuesday, I only had 3 hours sleep total, its not much sleep really.

I was thinking yesterday, if I was not married, chances are I would have nobody who could pick me up since they wont let you leave without a responsible adult. I wonder if they have some sort of charity service that can help, or maybe those who don't have anyone around have to deal with it awake and not sedated. Not everyone has friends and family around.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Oct 28th 2020 at 11:56 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 3:48 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to at times have a delayed reaction to sedatives...lol

But it mostly likely had more to do with 3 hours sleep Monday night.

Between 8am Monday and 4pm Tuesday, I only had 3 hours sleep total, its not much sleep really.

I was thinking yesterday, if I was not married, chances are I would have nobody who could pick me up since they wont let you leave without a responsible adult. I wonder if they have some sort of charity service that can help, or maybe those who don't have anyone around have to deal with it awake and not sedated. Not everyone has friends and family around.
You reminded me about a friend I picked up after her colonoscopy because her husband was working out of town. I started driving her home and she said she was hungry so we stopped at an IHOP. She ate a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes and drunk two cups of coffee. I got up to use the restroom and when I got back to our booth she was fast asleep!!
Old Oct 29th 2020, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
You reminded me about a friend I picked up after her colonoscopy because her husband was working out of town. I started driving her home and she said she was hungry so we stopped at an IHOP. She ate a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes and drunk two cups of coffee. I got up to use the restroom and when I got back to our booth she was fast asleep!!
It's basically what happened to me, we stopped by a pet store to get some dog food, went to Taco Time, and I did a bit online, and out cold.

I wonder how many afterwards eat, and then sleep
Old Oct 29th 2020, 9:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't end up having the injections, my larynx spasmed during surgery and I stopped breathing. God knows what they did to fix me up but I can't talk, can't eat and my throat feels like I've swallowed razor blades. But I'm alive, which will piss some people off no end
Old Oct 29th 2020, 9:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't end up having the injections, my larynx spasmed during surgery and I stopped breathing. God knows what they did to fix me up but I can't talk, can't eat and my throat feels like I've swallowed razor blades. But I'm alive, which will piss some people off no end
Yuck! Get well soon.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

that doesn’t sound good...but on a brighter note...think of your waistline.

hope you feel better tomorrow...or is my tomorrow your today?

Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:20 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap, that's not good.

But at least you remembered which day it is/was/will be.

Get better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.