Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Musty chlorinated water smell always makes me feel better, I assume its because its a similiar smell to some Disneyland rides, and I always had fun at Disneyland, and have memories there from my childhood, same when I am at an airport when flying, if I get a scent of jet fuel/ramp smell it brings a good feeling too me then slightly sad one, I can name a few scents that bring me joy or not so much joy, scent is very interesting sense in what it can do.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There is a smell peculiar to passenger trains and the back entrance to CP Hotels. I could never understand why they smelled the same, but it's instantly recognizable to me.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 11th 2019 at 6:55 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:15 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Nail varnish remover.
Exactly! Sweets made of nail varnish remover - who thought that up?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Exactly! Sweets made of nail varnish remover - who thought that up?
They probably knew the ones that invented those Pink Panther bars.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Got x-ray of my knee and femur back, still no idea what it is. It's 12cm and runs down the femur. Next step CT scan which have to wait for the hospital to call with an appointment, hopefully not a long wait. Hospital website says wait time is on average 2 days to 3 weeks.

At this point the doctor has no idea of what it is, could be benign, could not be benign its a wait and see now.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Dec 12th 2019 at 8:06 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 8:05 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Got x-ray of my knee and femur back, still no idea what it is. It's 12cm and runs down the femur. Next step CT scan which have to wait for the hospital to call with an appointment, hopefully not a long wait.

At this point the doctor has no idea of what it is, could be benign, could not be benign its a wait and see now.
I have missed summat somewhere. What thing down your femur please?

I must say I am quite impressed with the tests that happen and the speed of those. Good one.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My right knee has been bothering me, and painful, so the doctor did an x-ray of the knee, the knee itself looks fine, but the radiologist noticed something on the part of the femur that showed on the knee x-ray, so went back for more x-ray this time focusing on the femur, and the radiology report is inconclusive, doctor (GP) said its something about 12cm long, but neither the radiologist or herself can't tell what it is, so now a CT needs to be done to try and figure out what exactly it is and if its a concern. It was more or less found my chance because my knee hurts and whatever it is went low enough down the femur for it to be partly seen on the knee x-ray.

I should have asked the doctor for a copy of the report, so going by what she told me in layman's terms.

Overall I don't find wait times too terrible here, in a way its good if you don't get something right away as that means the doctors think its serious, if you have to wait a bit, well doctors don't think its an urgent, its all triage based so the more serious the doctors think it is the faster you get in.

If I had the money I could get it done sooner, there are a few private places who offer CT scans, and there is always the US but gotta have the cash to pay for such speed...lol.

I was hoping for an MRI as I hate being exposed to radiation from CT scans but gotta do what imaging doctors feel is best.

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I have missed summat somewhere. What thing down your femur please?

I must say I am quite impressed with the tests that happen and the speed of those. Good one.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Dec 12th 2019 at 8:14 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:18 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Hope it has gone alright Sugarmooma and that you've managed to lay your hands on a Mars Bar (to eat)
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
What our VS said, Sugarmooma xx
I didn't find a real Mars Bar and I thought the test was ok until Tuesday when I saw the doctor for results. I have a very low ejection fraction so the gall bladder is not working right. So some of my pain that I blamed on my ulcers is coming from my gall bladder! I should have realized this having seen so many people diagnosed with gall bladder problems when i was nursing....duh!

I have 2 options as it won't get better . I can talk to a surgeon and schedule it now or I can wait until it becomes unbearable and then have it removed. Right now I am thinking the beginning of next year because most surgeons are booked up until the end of December with people having met their deductibles. I have to do blood enzyme tests for my pancreas next week as it is also very inflamed but it is probably because of the bile from the gall bladder.

Talk about falling apart I still think when next Friday is over with all my ailments will miraculously disappear ( I know, wishful thinking ) My work situation did ease up a bit this week. We had security all week and my HR meeting put me more at ease. So if I can just survive 5 more work days then my stress levels will be mostly gone!
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ouch. Gallbladder pain is the pits, when my wife started to have issue with her's I have ever seen her in so much pain, on one trip to the hospital she was screaming in the ER waiting room so loud nurses came out thinking she was in labor, luckily she only had to deal with it for about 10 days before they took it out and morphine helped with the pain.

Hope things start to look up for you soon.

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I didn't find a real Mars Bar and I thought the test was ok until Tuesday when I saw the doctor for results. I have a very low ejection fraction so the gall bladder is not working right. So some of my pain that I blamed on my ulcers is coming from my gall bladder! I should have realized this having seen so many people diagnosed with gall bladder problems when i was nursing....duh!

I have 2 options as it won't get better . I can talk to a surgeon and schedule it now or I can wait until it becomes unbearable and then have it removed. Right now I am thinking the beginning of next year because most surgeons are booked up until the end of December with people having met their deductibles. I have to do blood enzyme tests for my pancreas next week as it is also very inflamed but it is probably because of the bile from the gall bladder.

Talk about falling apart I still think when next Friday is over with all my ailments will miraculously disappear ( I know, wishful thinking ) My work situation did ease up a bit this week. We had security all week and my HR meeting put me more at ease. So if I can just survive 5 more work days then my stress levels will be mostly gone!
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is like deja vu all over again.

This time last year my daughter was having a lot of upper/middle abdominal pain. Doc said it was acid reflux. A couple of days into the new year she was taken into hospital with acute pancreatitis...caused by a blockage of gall stones. The docs said it was best to wait for the pancreas to settle down a little before removing her gall bladder. After about 10 days in hospital they said they couldn’t wait any longer as all her enzyme levels were through the roof. She was off work for 5 months.

So my advice...get the gall bladder removed ASAP. Good luck.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 7:08 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Ouch. Gallbladder pain is the pits, when my wife started to have issue with her's I have ever seen her in so much pain, on one trip to the hospital she was screaming in the ER waiting room so loud nurses came out thinking she was in labor, luckily she only had to deal with it for about 10 days before they took it out and morphine helped with the pain.

Hope things start to look up for you soon.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

This time last year my daughter was having a lot of upper/middle abdominal pain. Doc said it was acid reflux. A couple of days into the new year she was taken into hospital with acute pancreatitis...caused by a blockage of gall stones. The docs said it was best to wait for the pancreas to settle down a little before removing her gall bladder. After about 10 days in hospital they said they couldn’t wait any longer as all her enzyme levels were through the roof. She was off work for 5 months.

Thanks guys.
Knowing my luck if will flare up on Christmas Day!
Old Dec 14th 2019, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

abdominal pain seems to be tricky for doctors, so many things in the abdomen hard at times it seems for doctors to focus in and find something, I am still having left side pain off and on, but blood work comes back normal, ultra sound was normal, doctor didn't find anything on doing physical exam, it comes and goes, but seems to be a mystery doctors can't figure out.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

Old Dec 14th 2019, 7:23 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

What an end to your 2019 year.
Stuff waiting around. Get the thing hoiked out.
Look on it not so much as falling apart but having a bit of repair and renewal.
Hope your Xmas and New Year is a good one.

Old Dec 14th 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
What an end to your 2019 year.
Stuff waiting around. Get the thing hoiked out.
Look on it not so much as falling apart but having a bit of repair and renewal.
Hope your Xmas and New Year is a good one.
Kind of like a 65,000 mile tune up?

I'm waiting for the distressed miracle first. If that doesn't happen ....
Old Dec 14th 2019, 7:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You really don't need any more grief. At least work will soon be over and hopefully they will sort out the pain, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.