Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Old Dec 2nd 2019, 8:36 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Thanks vitalstatistix i have also put this book on my to buy list.The book had 5star review and good feedback.But until the price drops i will have to wait.Was the author Jack Fairweather.
Yes it is. I'm so glad I bought it, I won't see it for a little while now as I lent it to a friend last week. Then another friend wants to borrow it!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The war in the strand.A notebook of the first two and a half year in london. By Hector Bolitho. He is from New Zealand ,The way he writes talks and describes seems old fashioned.I suppose it is now being over 80 years ago. Wow amazing is't it, another of my99p bargains
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Ministry of Trurh" by Dorian Lynskey. "Reading" in a figurative sense. I am listening to the audiobook
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Geraldine Brooks The people of the book about saving a priceless mysterious ancient Haggadah during the Bosnian/Serb conflict The Australian conservationist has to restore it to museum condition . During her restoration she finds all sorts of odd things in between the pages and the binding etc. A butterfly wing that could only have come from the Alps...Sea salt crystals from the ocean. etc She tries to track the history of the book back 500 years. Fascinating bits of Jewish history. Living in Portugal I have learned of the expulsions begun under the rule of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain.The notorious inquisition-