Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

BFT - Season 3.

BFT - Season 3.

Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of
Default Re: BFT - **SPOILER - OFFICIAL BE THREAD OF THE WORLD CUP**

Originally Posted by lionheart
Grosso sold the ref on that penalty poor old Lucas Neil, what a way to go out.
Marcello Balboa's commentary pretty much sums up the American ' win at any cost ' attitude to life in general, even if it means cheating.
Marcello's comments on how the Italian player did a great job selling the penalty call were quite ugly and abhorrent.
Let me just say that as an American, I'm embarrassed by all the crap commentary this World Cup. I find myself watching most of the games on Univision, just so I don't have to hear Balboa and O'Brien nattering on and on about a sport they only have a passing notion of.

Someday the US will grow up and embrace the game for what it is, instead of trying to change it into another uniquely American sport. In the meantime, we just need to sit back and learn from the countries that have been playing this game since we were an upstart colony

Btw, my prediction: Brazil:Germany in the Final, with Brazil winning
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:45 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chessiet
Btw, my prediction: Brazil:Germany in the Final, with Brazil winning
Yeah I could see that.. Don't want to think it or say out loud obviously, but it is a possible.
But before that we have what could be a very tasty match on Friday morning between Germany and Argentina. Plus the way it is going with the card playing - quite a few yellows and maybe reds.

--> Coming up: Swizzz....v Ukraine.
A game nobody cares about.
Rebrov dropped but Shevvy up front and we'll be able to see if Chelski have wasted their money wisely.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I predict Germany wins this one, although Brazil are one of my fav sides, and the most entertaining one to watch IMO as their play isn't a sport, its a work of art most of the time!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:01 pm
3 Brians

mattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
... its a work of art most of the time!
Except for thier group games.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:07 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
About van Basten's decision to not play van Nistelrooy: I understand that vN had been getting lippy and sulky and not really performing, and having to sit out this match was his punishment. If it's true about vN's attitude, then I have to admire vB's sticking to his original decision and not panicking when things got bad. Sticking vN in once things had gone bad probably wouldn't have helped things -- and it would have sent the signal that you can be as mouthy and disrespectful as you like and still, if you're good, you'll get played. Which I think is part of the whole problem, these guys aren't playing for their countries, a lot of them are only selfish bastards. Ruins the whole spirit.
Thats very admirable of you. I have to admit i dont care how lippy, self centered or downright arrogant a player was..if he got the job done..i'd want him on the field.. and if the england manager didnt play him..i'd want him strung up. Yes..spoken like a true English fan.. all i care about is the result!! Screw your beautiful game and your jogawhatever nike commercial rubbish..we'll ground out ugly 1-0 results all the way to berlin baby... like its highbury in the 90s...woohoo!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Just please England, beat fukking Portugal, please....
No problem. 1-0 England off a ball deflected twice..from a miskick..then slowly spins across the line as 5 guys collapse on top of it... GET INNNN!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:08 pm
US Citizen!

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I'm praying for a repeat of 2004
What, the home nation getting beat by a rank outsider? Maybe there is hope for England after all
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScousePete
What, the home nation getting beat by a rank outsider? Maybe there is hope for England after all
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:14 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

PREDICTION LEAGUE:

thedog only needs one win to catch Mattbutt

Their predictions for this game -
thedog: Switzerland 0 v 2 Ukraine
mattbutt: Switzerland 2 v 1 Ukraine

mickmills and eng1and both on 50pts (kiltedjedi not eligible for prizes) can get to the top if they grab two wins and if Matt doesn't get any points, but don't think this will happen. But you never know !

So there are some reasons.. well for 4 people anyway, to watch this match.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:25 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
No problem. 1-0 England off a ball deflected twice..from a miskick..then slowly spins across the line as 5 guys collapse on top of it... GET INNNN!
Deflected off Figo's honker onto the referees feet, who tries to step off it but ends up Zidane spinning it into the net.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:34 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: BFT - **SPOILER - OFFICIAL BE THREAD OF THE WORLD CUP**

Originally Posted by rushman
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...ate.html?id=53

Click on the match link if you wanna see a bunch of Aussies crying into the Fosters.

Just got a text from my husband who is currently working at head office in Canary Wharf in London.....all the Aussies working down there really are drowning their sorrows.

In the meantime, this is the Aussie's take on it....they truly think the ref made a mistake in awarding the penalty....but they would wouldn't they?:

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/060626/2/rxll.html
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chessiet
I find myself watching most of the games on Univision, just so I don't have to hear Balboa and O'Brien nattering on and on about a sport they only have a passing notion of.
Balboa and O'Brien are probably the worst commentators I've ever heard, I can't understand why they are the headliners for ESPN. I think that JP Dellacamera and John Harkes (commentating now on Switzerland v Ukraine) are much better - Dellacamera has been commentating on MLS for years and Harkes has played in England and brings some comments on tactics and the technical side of the game rather than Balboa blabbering about when is the best time to use your yellow card.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:49 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilW
Balboa and O'Brien are probably the worst commentators I've ever heard, I can't understand why they are the headliners for ESPN. I think that JP Dellacamera and John Harkes (commentating now on Switzerland v Ukraine) are much better - Dellacamera has been commentating on MLS for years and Harkes has played in England and brings some comments on tactics and the technical side of the game rather than Balboa blabbering about when is the best time to use your yellow card.
It's like having Motty commentate on the Super Bowl. Motty is practically a god at football commentary but I would just cringe to hear him try and commentate on a sport he doesn't know much about. I allways thought it was bad when they had commentators do different sports at the olympics.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:53 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilW
Don't forget fat headed paddy Tommy 'Bulge in da al unyun bag' Smyth'. Here's some of his endless guff for your reading pleasure;

http://www.dangerhere.com/hallofguff/tommy_smyth.php

I noticed he also has a little dig at the English in both the Champions league and the WC every chance he gets......

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Jun 26th 2006 at 8:58 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:01 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Wow we just got thru 45 minutes with no cards. Send this ref home for being too lenient!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by mattbutt3
Turf of Legends -
Matt:

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.