Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Bevs' Albatross Cam

Bevs' Albatross Cam

Old Sep 16th 2020, 1:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bevs' Albatross Cam

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Bevs, thank you so much for alerting us to this web cam, and for teaching us so much about these wonderful giants of the sky.
Agreed. When's the next one? I'll miss the daily look at the nest.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Agreed. When's the next one? I'll miss the daily look at the nest.
They say the camera will stay on the nest area, then zoom out to catch any albatross activity, but it's still video unavailable where I am. On the forum it's said within a few weeks there will be lots of juvenile abli's returning and we'll be able to watch them. If the lack of streaming cam is a regional thing (the forum crowd apparently still have it) I hope they get it fixed so we can watch too.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
They say the camera will stay on the nest area, then zoom out to catch any albatross activity, but it's still video unavailable where I am. On the forum it's said within a few weeks there will be lots of juvenile abli's returning and we'll be able to watch them. If the lack of streaming cam is a regional thing (the forum crowd apparently still have it) I hope they get it fixed so we can watch too.
The camera was down for a few days, at least to US gazers. It's on again now, looking at the abandoned nesting spot.

When do they all start laying eggs again?
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The camera was down for a few days, at least to US gazers. It's on again now, looking at the abandoned nesting spot.
When do they all start laying eggs again?
It isn't on here yet. Youtube says they started streaming Pippa Dec 11, 2019, so I'd expect something similar.

Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:52 pm
Hmmm

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try this...

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/nativ...roa/royal-cam/

Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
That works, thanks! I've been using that link just to access the forum, and for some reason youtube just shut off the Cornell stream they were using since last year but left this one.

Last edited by caretaker; Sep 16th 2020 at 4:10 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 3:28 pm
Hmmm

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

That works, thanks! I've been using that link just to access the forum, and for some reason youtube just shut off the Cornell stream they were using since last year but left this one.
I found the Youtube feed to be irritatingly intermittent, especially just after the hatching, so switched over to doc.govt.nz around that time.

I thought that I had spotted another 'hover-er' around 15:26 local today, but it turned out to be a raindrop on the lens.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 9:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

On the forum they're posting pics of the occasional albatross, but not a lot of them. Some of the other chicks have yet to fledge. One pic of a bunny at night: people are still watching it. We need Bevs back.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 12:57 am

On the forum they're posting pics of the occasional albatross, but not a lot of them. Some of the other chicks have yet to fledge. One pic of a bunny at night: people are still watching it. We need Bevs back.
Back? Where's she gone? She can't leave, it's not allowed.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 9:30 am
Hmmm

Lady Hawk from the forum has mixed down a "Best of 2020" and posted on Youtube