Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Best TV shows and Movies?

Best TV shows and Movies?

Old Dec 1st 2019, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best TV shows and Movies?

Originally Posted by fulwood View Post
Don't bother watching Gold Digger with Julia Ormond. Complete shite. I don't know what compelled me to watch the whole darned thing. 6 wasted hours of my life I will never get back.
One of the beauties of living in France and not having access to TV other than French TV. I have never heard of it, from what you say, thank God!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 2:56 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Don't forget the bell bottom trousers!! The 'Sweeney' Sweeney Todd = Flying squad Sorry if I'm saying something you already know but it comes easy to me being a Cockney, a true Cockney by the way not one of these false ones!!
Errr...this is a Brit site. I believe the majority of us know about cockney rhyming slang. And this is from an Essex girl, an original Essex girl not one of the fake ones!
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Errr...this is a Brit site. I believe the majority of us know about cockney rhyming slang. And this is from an Essex girl, an original Essex girl not one of the fake ones!
Touchy! I would wager a friendly bet that you haven't a clue as to what a real Cockney is!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 5:55 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Touchy! I would wager a friendly bet that you haven't a clue as to what a real Cockney is!!!
It's Danny Dyer, isn't it?

Old Dec 2nd 2019, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
It's Danny Dyer, isn't it?

Or perhaps his bruv!
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 12:45 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

No, of course I don't. I mean why would I?. I 'll just let you feel special and pretend my dad and all his side of the family talked with a posh accent!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 12:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That would be Jack Reagan and George Carter
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Where do I start...there have been so many great TV shows over the years. The Sweeney, Good Cop, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue etc etc etc.

Currently my faves are Chicago PD, Line of Duty, Happy Valley, Blue Bloods, Law & Order SVU, Peaky Blinders.

Movies: Godfather I & II, Goodfellas, Pretty Woman, The Notebook, Gone With The Wind.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

No, of course I don't. I mean why would I?. I 'll just let you feel special and pretend my dad and all his side of the family talked with a posh accent!!!
A simple admission would have done; without the hysterics.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 3:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

A simple admission would have done; without the hysterics.
Enough. Now please let it go.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 2nd 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 7:02 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Where do I start...there have been so many great TV shows over the years. The Sweeney, Good Cop, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue etc etc etc.

Currently my faves are Chicago PD, Line of Duty, Happy Valley, Blue Bloods, Law & Order SVU, Peaky Blinders.

Movies: Godfather I & II, Goodfellas, Pretty Woman, The Notebook, Gone With The Wind.
Me and her went to see an 80's mania gig a couple of weeks ago, when Go West did King of Wishful thinking there was no-one not singing the chorus, brilliant
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
TV, recent
The Man in the High Castle
Chernobyl
Carnival Row
Pennyworth
A Confession
Does Man in the High Castle get better as it goes on? We have got to the 2nd season and still not sure about it.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Does Man in the High Castle get better as it goes on? We have got to the 2nd season and still not sure about it.
I couldn’t get into it. Chernobyl is excellent and worrying.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I couldn’t get into it. Chernobyl is excellent and worrying.
Yeah, that's how we are. Ready to give up on it.
We need to watch Chernobyl.
We are watching the second series of Jack Ryan, it's ok but not as good as the first one!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The Irishman must watch, best i've seen for awhile

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.