Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

American Idol

American Idol

Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:11 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default American Idol

Well, its started again - tune in to see what Simon Cowell gets paid $25 million a year to do.
First yank reduced to tears within 12 minutes, so a good start at least.

She's still crying as I type with all her family - starting to feel a bit bad now, but hey-ho.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Idol

I just saw that! Oh well, there's plenty more where that one came from LOL! :scared: Anyway, I really like this show. It helps deal with the winter blues.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:20 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I get really into it too.. here it starts in half an hour..
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:24 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

It's hilarious ... how do these kids think they stand a chance at getting anywhere in the competition? And then they get mad when the judges give them the harsh truth....
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:33 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that Apollo Creed could actually sing a bit, though he obviously a complete freaker
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:39 am

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG View Post
I thought that Apollo Creed could actually sing a bit, though he obviously a complete freaker
Don't tell me, you liked his outfit and sad story about his cousins in foster care...
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:48 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by dbark View Post
Don't tell me, you liked his outfit and sad story about his cousins in foster care...
Did like the outfit to be fair - might have to get one for myself
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:52 am

Did like the outfit to be fair - might have to get one for myself
And then have to post the piccies in the photo gallery ..
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:01 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Well, its started again - tune in to see what Simon Cowell gets paid $25 million a year to do.
First yank reduced to tears within 12 minutes, so a good start at least.

She's still crying as I type with all her family - starting to feel a bit bad now, but hey-ho.
I must be one of the few people in the US who has never seen the show, although it's unavoidable to not know who Simon is and the shows premise, given the hype surrounding it.............. to me it just looks like televised karaoke.
I just don't get the whole phenomenon.

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Jan 17th 2007 at 2:06 am.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else notice that Paula is a little 'under the influence'? I think she is not herself tonight. What's going on????

Last edited by simongb; Jan 17th 2007 at 2:13 am.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:36 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: American Idol

Originally Posted by simongb View Post
Does anyone else notice that Paula is a little 'under the influence'? I think she is not herself tonight. What's going on????
Ha ha....you beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing!

She is totally spaced out and just keeps swinging in her chair and making absolutely no contribution whatsover until she is prompted to say yes or no. They should give her the boot. (hey, we have different smiley options....!)

(Last season her strange behaviour was mentioned on Extra or a similar programme and Paula reckons she is on medication - for an undisclosed condition).
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post

She is totally spaced out and just keeps swinging in her chair and making absolutely no contribution whatsover until she is prompted to say yes or no. They should give her the boot. (hey, we have different smiley options....!)

(Last season her strange behaviour was mentioned on Extra or a similar programme and Paula reckons she is on medication - for an undisclosed condition).
Ha ha! I was thinking that too! Maybe they have Jewel there to train her to take Paula's place...
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post

I'll have what she's having LOL! It's amazing to watch her. I find myself distracted from the competition because she is soooo medicated (or whatever).
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha! I was thinking that too! Maybe they have Jewel there to train her to take Paula's place...
Jewel needs to get a personality before she can replace anyone.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:44 am
Thinking about it

I think Jewel is just there in case Paula passes out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.