British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   2018 WEATHER THREAD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/2018-weather-thread-907209/)

Jerseygirl Dec 26th 2017 4:26 pm

2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
Feels like -20C in Toronto. :scaredhair:

Sugarmooma Jan 2nd 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
Cold, really really cold.

I am a wimp:thumbdown:

Englishmum Jan 2nd 2018 2:57 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12405372)
Feels like -20C in Toronto. :scaredhair:

Same in New Jersey :eek:

Jerseygirl Jan 2nd 2018 3:06 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 12408780)
Same in New Jersey :eek:

As I am about to find out in the morning. ;)

Nutek Jan 2nd 2018 11:41 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
Nice solid river.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-WBszPLH-M.jpg

Bob Jan 2nd 2018 11:54 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
-11F with a windchill of -20F this morning when I woke up. Doesn't warm up much either.

Part of the cape froze over.

Lion in Winter Jan 2nd 2018 11:56 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 12409026)

At least flooding won't be an issue?

We got off relatively lightly with -5 F since, unusually for here, there's little wind.

Nutek Jan 2nd 2018 11:58 am

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12409047)
At least flooding won't be an issue?

Not unless we cut it into chunks and make a big pile.

Lion in Winter Jan 2nd 2018 12:00 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 12409051)
Not unless we cut it into chunks and make a big pile.

Can you make cake in an igloo?

Nutek Jan 2nd 2018 12:04 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12409056)
Can you make cake in an igloo?

I would rock at having a cake igloo!



Oh... cake IN an igloo.

Lion in Winter Jan 2nd 2018 2:04 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
What is the difference between "frigid" and "bitterly cold" - in weather terms I mean.

Wednesday is forcast for "bitterly cold" but Thursday will be "frigid". Which is coldest?

BuckinghamshireBoy Jan 2nd 2018 2:18 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12409141)
What is the difference between "frigid" and "bitterly cold" - in weather terms I mean.

Wednesday is forcast for "bitterly cold" but Thursday will be "frigid". Which is coldest?

Nothing factual behind this whatsoever, but I always considered that "bitterly cold" implied a substantial wind-chill factor?

Lion in Winter Jan 2nd 2018 2:27 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 12409159)
Nothing factual behind this whatsoever, but I always considered that "bitterly cold" implied a substantial wind-chill factor?

Maybe.

It's Chicago, so wind is almost always a factor. Maybe they get bored with just using one term and have to think up new ways to say "****ing cold".

SultanOfSwing Jan 2nd 2018 5:43 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 
The weather hurts today. It didn't feel like there was much wind either. I was out of my car without gloves for five minutes and I could barely move my fingers :blink:

Maste Jan 2nd 2018 6:01 pm

Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12409348)
The weather hurts today. It didn't feel like there was much wind either. I was out of my car without gloves for five minutes and I could barely move my fingers :blink:

I was up in WI when the F hit the minus'.... Man that was one whole new experience :blink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ? 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.