Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Is this the year of the Rhino?

View Poll Results: Leeds Rhinos - Super League champions 2004?
Yes. Get out the silver polish
33.33%
No. They'll blow it as usual
66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Is this the year of the Rhino?

Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:21 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough
Default Is this the year of the Rhino?

A Rugby League question. After seeing my team, Leeds Rhinos, completely outclass an albeit under-strength St Helens team 70-0, can the sport's biggest under-acheivers win their first league title since 1972?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Who cares ? Take away the M62 & the northern muppets cannot get to the game anyway. League is an utter waste of space.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 2:59 pm
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

Who?

Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:53 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is this the year of the Rhino?

Just to update, Leeds Rhinos last weekend clinched the minor premiership and ensured their highest placed finish for 32 (count 'em) years. As none of the challenging teams below seem to be playing with any consistency, I reckon this could be finally be our year. All aboard the Old Trafford express (I hope).
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Is this the year of the Rhino?

Nope. It's definately the year of the monkey. Don't know where you get your information from.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, Warrior's will rule again and for the sad muppets that do not understand the League, geta life it is a mans game not a soft option like football!!!!1
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:54 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Sorry, Warrior's will rule again and for the sad muppets that do not understand the League, geta life it is a mans game not a soft option like football!!!!1
I see Wigan Athletic's attendances are outstripping the bugry attendances at the JJB.

rugby town my arse.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Wigan Athletic are football of which I have absolutely no interest as first post was about Rugby League that was my comment, soft game football no interest at all bunch of sissy boys!!!! Not like the rugby chaps who do not need a wet sponge every 5 minutes, :scared: mummys boys.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:52 pm
MVFC

Latest update....

Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls
Super League Grand Final
16th October 2004
Old Trafford, Manchester
Kick off 6pm

....only 80 minutes from (hopefully) our first championship win in 32 YEARS!
COME ON LEEDS!!!!

Last edited by Carl B; Oct 13th 2004 at 3:50 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:53 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Rugby league

Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:54 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Who cares ? Take away the M62 & the northern muppets cannot get to the game anyway. League is an utter waste of space.
I think you need to get back on the charisma pills matey!

Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:56 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Tone
Rugby league

rugby union

soccer

Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:42 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lathlain
soccer
blah blah blah
the worlds favourite game, bar non.
nothing even comes close to the stature of Association Football.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:49 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Thumbs up Re: Is this the year of the Rhino?

Originally Posted by Carl B
Latest update....

Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls
Super League Grand Final
16th October 2004
Old Trafford, Manchester
Kick off 6pm

....only 80 minutes from (hopefully) our first championship win in 32 YEARS!
COME ON LEEDS!!!!

Sorry Carl, being a Bulls supporter no chance ! How many grand Finals have the Rhinos appeard in in the last 4 years none ? when it gets to the big games your lads cant handle it . from bulls supporter living in sunny Brisbane oz . come on you bulls .

Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:02 am
MVFC

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Sorry Carl, being a Bulls supporter no chance ! How many grand Finals have the Rhinos appeard in in the last 4 years none ? when it gets to the big games your lads cant handle it . from bulls supporter living in sunny Brisbane oz . come on you bulls .
Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly brimming with confidence. I've seen plenty of occasions where Leeds have reached big games, built the supporters' hopes up, only for them to come crashing to earth! I've just got a feeling that things could go right on Saturday (fingers crossed). It might sound daft, but I reckon the best preparation for Leeds going in to the final was getting beaten by Bradford in the play-off the other week. A bit of a kick up the arse, so to speak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.