Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Write me a story.

Write me a story.

Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Write me a story.

About following your team.........
Did you go and see the ups of Arsenals winning 1989 season winning game at anfield? if so what was it like.

Or at the other end of the table, did you go home and away to watch countless dismal losses...........

What about great escapes? Were you there when your team narrowly avoided relegation, you know like last minute goals by on-loan goalkeepers that stopped you joining the conference.

How about a cup run?

Tell us all. Will write mine in a mo...........(well I do work sometimes in the day you know )
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:22 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I'll do a proper one soon manc, but following bradford for oer 20 years i've seen approx 7 or 8 promotions and 5 or 6 relegations. I've laid on the kop in the old days with a crowd of 3 or 4 thou and watched em shit kick their way to relegation, and sat in Directors boxes recently enjoying a meal before hand (still feels a bit weird that)

Every promotion was fantastic, from a 2-2 draw with Bournemouth to get out of the old 4th div I think, to Wembley in the Playoffs, and promotion to the Premiership with a win at Wolves not long after. Staying up by beating Liverpool 1 nil on the last day was a bit tasty too.

Downers - obviously the fire, everyone knew someone involved to some extent - it was shit! just horrible. Kinda makes relegations (which we're good at) seem like a doddle. I didn't lose anyone I knew in it, but a good mate got a few burns pulling some old fella out of the stand onto the pitch.

Anyway, what can i say, to follow Bradford is to follow a yo-yo team that surprise you sometimes with decent football, but mostly give you the chance for a right good moan!!

C'mon City!

Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

FA CUP Latsest.
H.T. Spurs 3-0 Man City

spurs fans must be delighted at the moment planning their trip to play utd in the next round. just what does lie instore for the dejected keegan now as city look forward to the second half with 10 men?

now thats what I call a story, you all know what happened next
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

dp_blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football escapes/story..

B4 the great escape at tottenscum we had the wembley play off... ...2-0 down with 1 minute to go..... step up Mr.Paul Dikov...
The spirit of ''99''........