Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

World Series

World Series

Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:56 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Series

Busy day tomorrow. I've got a bar appointment for the Pats, swiftly followed by Mr Sibsie landing and then heading off to another bar for The Sox.

It wasn't the most inspiring game I've won and they've no reason to feel cocky but it was good enough.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
It wasn't the most inspiring game I've won and they've no reason to feel cocky but it was good enough.
Aye, a result is a result at the end of the day...

well have fun tomorrow.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Does the world end if the Sox win it all?. lol

I'd personally like to see the Cards win it, due to the fact that I am already bored with my Bostonian friend bragging about the Pats.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 8:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Does the world end if the Sox win it all?. lol

I'd personally like to see the Cards win it, due to the fact that I am already bored with my Bostonian friend bragging about the Pats.
Hehe...well i'd like to see the Sox win it, a few relatives are on their last legs and want to see a world series, so would be nice...and would be cool to suck it to the yankees
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Right, getting ready for tonights installment....anyone else watching?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sweet, 6-2 win, brings a clean 2-0 series lead...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Lets see how Pedro likes a little chin music tuesday when he has to bat. It will be interesting to see how the Sox play National league ball without the DH. I'm asuming that Ortiz will play at first for the three games in St Louis?. Of course Francona was a NL manager, so he should know what he's doing.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

for the three games in St Louis
a little presumptious aren't we.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manc
a little presumptious aren't we.
Not really. St Louis's home record and stats are far better than their road record. Tonights pitcher Morris, had a far better home record this year, which kinda makes you wonder why they started him on short rest?. You cannot keep that line up quiet for too long and a home stand might be just what Rolen and Edmunds need. Pedro's start on tuesday is going to be interesting. Because if the Cards start making hits and scoring run's early, Pedro's not going to be able to intimidate batters like he usually does when his backs against the wall, because like I made reference to in the other post, he'll get some nice inside pitches right back under his chin. Infact, with La Russa managing, don't be surrprised if you see it early just to get under Pedro's skin.

I see the Cards taking 2 out of 3 to send it back to Boston.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:53 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I see the Cards taking 2 out of 3 to send it back to Boston.
to think that they aren't gonna win one in Busch is yes, optimistic, but Sox have won 6 in a row.......
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:33 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
to think that they aren't gonna win one in Busch is yes, optimistic, but Sox have won 6 in a row.......
Don't the Sox only have to win two more games to have done it? Or have I miss calculated.

I'd like to see a clean sweep and perhaps with a few less errors from the Sox, they could just do it.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Don't the Sox only have to win two more games to have done it? Or have I miss calculated.

I'd like to see a clean sweep and perhaps with a few less errors from the Sox, they could just do it.
Aye, best of 7, so first to 4 would do it
I wouldn't mind if card won one, that way the Sox could win it on home turf, now that would be fantastic to see
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:34 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, best of 7, so first to 4 would do it
I wouldn't mind if card won one, that way the Sox could win it on home turf, now that would be fantastic to see
It's so nervewracking, I'd just like it over with sooner rather than later.

Thought Monday's game was 100x better than the opener.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

It's so nervewracking, I'd just like it over with sooner rather than later.

Thought Monday's game was 100x better than the opener.
Yeah, much better, still on edge though...
doing anything fun for tonights game?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:02 am
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Bob
doing anything fun for tonights game?
No hubby's away flying again for another 6 day stretch. Just me and the cat with the telly on and maybe a beer or three. Got Fox in hi-def which makes it an awesome pic.

So far Bos 1 up. Go on da lads!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.