Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014

World Cup 2014

Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014

Make him play for LFC for the rest of his career as a punishment.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 5:16 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
Make him play for LFC for the rest of his career as a punishment.
You can be a cruel bastard sometimes.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Apparently the max is 24 matches / 2yrs. FIFA can apply to all competitions but rarely do / have / would.
I believe FIFA can apply a club and country ban, or the FA and UEFA can apply to have the ban apply for league and CL games. Whilst I have defended Suarez in the past, no more. He needs professional help, as he clearly has a significant problem. I feel deeply sorry for his family.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:34 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post
I believe FIFA can apply a club and country ban, or the FA and UEFA can apply to have the ban apply for league and CL games. Whilst I have defended Suarez in the past, no more. He needs professional help, as he clearly has a significant problem. I feel deeply sorry for his family.
International Ban - Got to happen. It happened in the World Cup, he has to suffer a ban.

National League Ban - Tough call. He could quite fairly be banned from all competitions. But that's unfair on Liverpool - it's not their fault he did something stupid at the world cup, but he's still a representative of them to a certain extent. Flip side - if he's banned from International games for a year for example, what's to stop him biting someone on the first game on the season for Liverpool?

I think the digs at the British press are funny. Fair to a certain extent but ALL the shit he's been given has been justifiable. He's just playing victim. It's also funny because at the end of the season he was applauded, awarded and put on a pedestal for his performances.

I feel for him, slightly. He looked beaten up and dejected in the post-match interview. He knows he ****ed up. He's clearly gutted about it but none of this can defend his actions.

I'm expecting a proper ban.

I'm realistically expecting not-a-****ing-lot from FIFA. They're chief bottlers.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

I have zero sympathy for him. There is no excuse for biting someone once, let alone 3 times. He said prior to the World Cup that the thought of explaining his actions to his kids when they grow up keeps him awake, so to do it again beggars belief. It is just as well that he is going home early, because he needs to spend some time addressing his mental health issues.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I have zero sympathy for him. There is no excuse for biting someone once, let alone 3 times. He said prior to the World Cup that the thought of explaining his actions to his kids when they grow up keeps him awake, so to do it again beggars belief. It is just as well that he is going home early, because he needs to spend some time addressing his mental health issues.
I only feel sorry for him because he's an idiot and clearly can't control himself. Also, he worked his hairy Uruguayan nuts off last season and deserved the heaps of praise he got. I'm a bit soft but someone throwing away all that hard work makes me feel for them. Slightly.

Only slightly mind. He's still a ****ing wanker.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:52 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that - but is he going home early? Shame the Uruguayans aren't taking a stand. Like Ghana. That would give football a little credibility:

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Boateng and Muntari expelled by Ghana
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:49 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I agree with that - but is he going home early? Shame the Uruguayans aren't taking a stand. Like Ghana. That would give football a little credibility:

Yeah, and I read last night that if FIFA ban him for more than three games then he could appeal and be able to play in the next game. And you know Uruguay would do that because as far as they're concerned Suarez is a victim of the nasty press.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:53 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

9 matches and 4 months, end of October then.

Back for Hull October 25th (or maybe Newcastle Nov 1st, depending when the ban starts)

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 26th 2014 at 1:56 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Good For Ghana. Well Done!
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:59 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post

Back for Hull October 25th (or maybe Newcastle Nov 1st, depending when the ban starts)
It's going to be the 1st. Great.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:01 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
It's going to be the 1st. Great.
Don't worry, he'll have no match fitness, we all know that means he only scores two.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post

And from "all football activity". So he can't train, play in the reserves or play subbutteo?

9 matches. Last time was 10. So next time he gets an 8 game ban?

Cantona got a 9 month ban for booting a fan. I wonder how long he would have got if he'd bitten him? One assumes 4 months...?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:08 pm
Fair and balanced

And from "all football activity". So he can't train, play in the reserves or play subbutteo?

Cantona got a 9 month ban for booting a fan. I wonder how long he would have got if he'd bitten him? One assumes 4 months...?
Cantona's crime was taking it off the pitch, and not a player, it is exceptional that way. FIFA is not the FA, but I would have thought that the previous ban would have been considered and treated as a minimum. The ban works out as 9 league games for Liverpool and whatever cup games, and 9 for Uruguay. So in the end substantially more than it looks on paper. 18+ games.

I am curious about training, it was not clear.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

He got the more severe penalty because he is French.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.