Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

A very sad day for AFL fans

A very sad day for AFL fans

Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all
Unhappy A very sad day for AFL fans

A Very sad day

Just got my copie of First Down and read that Al Lucas died on Sunday while playing in the Areana League

" Lucas's fatal injury is belivied to have come from a blow to the spinal cord sustained while trying to make for the Los Angeles Avengers".
Al Lucas was 26 years old with a wife and daughter.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A very sad day for AFL fans

Originally Posted by hawkeye
A Very sad day

Just got my copie of First Down and read that Al Lucas died on Sunday while playing in the Areana League

" Lucas's fatal injury is belivied to have come from a blow to the spinal cord sustained while trying to make for the Los Angeles Avengers".
Al Lucas was 26 years old with a wife and daughter.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family.
Is that the UK edition of First Down you're talking about?. I thought I was the only one who bought it. lol Up until I left the UK I had every edition since week number 8 stuffed in a closet.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Is that the UK edition of First Down you're talking about?. I thought I was the only one who bought it. lol Up until I left the UK I had every edition since week number 8 stuffed in a closet.
LOL... yes it's the uk addition only. Can only get it at WHSmiths.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... yes it's the uk addition only. Can only get it at WHSmiths.
Is Keith, the Scottish guy still editor?. I remember buying my first copy back in 1986. It had Trevor Carthy from the Birmingham Bulls on the front and was around the time that Herschal Walker was on his way to Dallas from the defunct USFL. I got my name in it also. A few times for when I played junior football with the Cambridge Coyotes and I also had a couple of letters published.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is Keith, the Scottish guy still editor?. I remember buying my first copy back in 1986. It had Trevor Carthy from the Birmingham Bulls on the front and was around the time that Herschal Walker was on his way to Dallas from the defunct USFL. I got my name in it also. A few times for when I played junior football with the Cambridge Coyotes and I also had a couple of letters published.

Yes Keith webster..
Now on issue 983 god can it be that many issues.
I play for the Norwich Devils.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the LA game v Chicago this weekend. it was quite sad.

not as sad as me watching the Arena league on TV. but I was waiting for the baseball to start.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes Keith webster..
Now on issue 983 god can it be that many issues.
I play for the Norwich Devils.
You didn't use to play junior football with Norwich did you?. I remember some good games we played there at the East of England show ground. Would have been 12 to 14 years ago though. Does Norwich still play the Cambridge Cats?. I have a few friends who played or still do play for them.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manc

not as sad as me watching the Arena league on TV. but I was waiting for the baseball to start.
We have the Rattlers in town and its suppose to be a good cheap ticket. But I just cannot get into it. Kind of reminds me of a game they tried to start in the UK when the player base started to dwindle, called "Passball". That didn't last long either. I remember the team in Cannock(sp) swatted us in our only experiment.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

We have the Rattlers in town and its suppose to be a good cheap ticket. But I just cannot get into it. Kind of reminds me of a game they tried to start in the UK when the player base started to dwindle, called "Passball". That didn't last long either. I remember the team in Cannock(sp) swatted us in our only experiment.
I aliken it to 5 aside football.
great play I imagine. But I wouldn't go to Grand Rapids to watch it though.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Manc

I watch it my self on NASN, I dont find it to bad have seen the score change about 10 times with 40 secs to play.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

You didn't use to play junior football with Norwich did you?. I remember some good games we played there at the East of England show ground. Would have been 12 to 14 years ago though. Does Norwich still play the Cambridge Cats?. I have a few friends who played or still do play for them.
No never played in the youth team hear it's supposed to be good.
The devils are in div 2 south east conf.

Cambridge Cats are in 1-A South conf www.cambridgeshirecats.com