Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

Old May 31st 2011, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13599008.stm

Probably come to nothing, but at least the Home Nation FA's are standing up and saying something about Blatters 'election'.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13599008.stm

Probably come to nothing, but at least the Home Nation FA's are standing up and saying something about Blatters 'election'.
Germany now saying that the Qatar WC needs to reviewed... GAME ON !!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:20 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Germany now saying that the Qatar WC needs to reviewed... GAME ON !!
As long as all this does not end up like boxing. I can imagine, some day, a Spain vs Angola unification match between competing world cup winners.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
As long as all this does not end up like boxing. I can imagine, some day, a Spain vs Angola unification match between competing world cup winners.
I doubt FIFA could survive, in any form, if half a dozen European leagues 'walked'
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

I doubt FIFA could survive, in any form, if half a dozen European leagues 'walked'
or their sponsors.

they didn't dealy nothing, re-electing Blatter like nothing happened, disgraceful.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:48 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
or their sponsors.

they didn't dealy nothing, re-electing Blatter like nothing happened, disgraceful.
183 out of 206 votes. That's a ****ing outrage. They are all as bad as each other. Scum.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:25 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

World Cup vs. Falkland Islands. Which would you choose? Bizarre.

In remarks to German media, Grondona said he had voted against England's 2018 World Cup bid because of Britain's rule in the Falkland Islands, which triggered a 1982 war between Argentina and Britain.

Bizarrely, Grondona also said he had voted for Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid rather than the USA because "a vote for the US would be like a vote for England. And that is not possible."

"With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left," Grondona is reported to have said.

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/fo...06-01-1.400123
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Stanley Rous was a bigot who supported appartheid, and ignored the global game completely in developing nations.

FIFA can change all it wants, be it was no better when we ran it.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:04 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Stanley Rous was a bigot who supported appartheid, and ignored the global game completely in developing nations.

FIFA can change all it wants, be it was no better when we ran it.
The Brits invented apartheid, concentration camps and torture. Lots in our history that we should be ashamed of. Doesn't make what goes on at FIFA today right though. Give it to that Australian bloke. He seems ok.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Iain1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
183 out of 206 votes. That's a ****ing outrage. They are all as bad as each other. Scum.
183/206 nations either benefit from the status quo or have got enough common sense to know that Blatter has a huge power base and a long memory.

Even Platini won't cross Blatter. Remember Lennart Johansson?

I think the last weeks events have set the wheels in motion for the end of England/Scotland/Wales/N Ire and a new British team.
Maybe FIFA will announce it when they move their HQ to Qatar? You heard it here first.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Iain1974 View Post
I think the last weeks events have set the wheels in motion for the end of England/Scotland/Wales/N Ire and a new British team.
Maybe FIFA will announce it when they move their HQ to Qatar? You heard it here first.
Interesting 2nd post Iain

What about the partners/sponsors then, their comments only façade?

Visa : "The current situation is clearly not good for the game and we ask that FIFA take all necessary steps to resolve the concerns that have been raised".

Adidas : "The negative tonality of the public debate surrounding FIFA is neither good for football nor for FIFA and its partners".

Coca-Cola: "The current allegations being raised are distressing and bad for the sport, we have every expectation that FIFA will resolve this situation in an expedient and thorough manner".

Emirates : "Emirates, like all football fans around the world, is disappointed with the issues that are currently surrounding the administration of the sport".

Budweiser: "We have shared our concerns with FIFA, and it is our expectation that FIFA will address and resolve this situation in an expedient manner, and work towards restoring the trust of fans around the world who share great passion for the sport and this tournament".

Castrol: "Castrol is a supporter of clean and fair football. As a FIFA World Cup sponsor we are watching the current situation very closely and expect FIFA to resolve these issues in a right and proper manner".
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Interesting 2nd post Iain

What about the partners/sponsors then, their comments only façade?

Visa : "The current situation is clearly not good for the game and we ask that FIFA take all necessary steps to resolve the concerns that have been raised".

Adidas : "The negative tonality of the public debate surrounding FIFA is neither good for football nor for FIFA and its partners".

Coca-Cola: "The current allegations being raised are distressing and bad for the sport, we have every expectation that FIFA will resolve this situation in an expedient and thorough manner".

Emirates : "Emirates, like all football fans around the world, is disappointed with the issues that are currently surrounding the administration of the sport".

Budweiser: "We have shared our concerns with FIFA, and it is our expectation that FIFA will address and resolve this situation in an expedient manner, and work towards restoring the trust of fans around the world who share great passion for the sport and this tournament".

Castrol: "Castrol is a supporter of clean and fair football. As a FIFA World Cup sponsor we are watching the current situation very closely and expect FIFA to resolve these issues in a right and proper manner".
I actually emailed Emirates and told them I wouldn't be travelling with them again because of their continued support of FIFA.

I wasn't planning to use them anytime soon anyway, but they don't know that.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I actually emailed Emirates and told them I wouldn't be travelling with them again because of their continued support of FIFA.

they'll be absolutely gutted
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 10:03 am
Account Closed

they'll be absolutely gutted
Bloody right they will.

Have you seen the cost of airfares from Oz to the UK
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 10:13 am

Brilliant! I'm going to do the same with Budweiser. Tell them that if they want me to drink their beer again they need to:
A) cease all sponsorship and engagement with FIFA, their partners, subsidiaries and staff, and
B) stop making beer that tastes, looks and smells like very weak piss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.