Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Russia 2018 World Cup

Russia 2018 World Cup

Old May 29th 2018, 11:08 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia 2018 World Cup

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
clearly some players do 😉
Well, yes. But you’d hope this was day one of PE at junior school. I’ve taken a load of corners and can manage to beat the first man at least 80% of the time, and I’m shit. Rashford (and, to be fair, every United player since Giggs retired) has struggled with this. We’re also really bad at throw-ins.

Wait - maybe Mourinho is a crap coach after all!
Old May 30th 2018, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

Well, yes. But you’d hope this was day one of PE at junior school. I’ve taken a load of corners and can manage to beat the first man at least 80% of the time, and I’m shit. Rashford (and, to be fair, every United player since Giggs retired) has struggled with this. We’re also really bad at throw-ins.

Ha how very dare you....'Mourinho is a god!! but even he can't get that lazy bunch to do their job.. I honestly entertained the idea that the game had been 'fixed' (especially as Mourinho mentioned game fixing in an interview about Conte awhile back ) I have rarely seen such a lack lustre side in all my years of being a United fan
Old May 30th 2018, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

And.... Get this back on to the world cup?

Friendly against Nigeria this weekend... Looking forward to seeing a glimpse of what will be our starting line up for the world cup!
Old May 30th 2018, 2:02 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, all you lucky people.... in the 'draw' to see which team I'd be saddled with writing up for the World Cup, I got Japan.... so here's the opening installment. Given that they've just lost 0-2 at home to Ghana, I think I'll be unemployed again by the end of the First Phase....

https://footballfootball.football/ne...new-head-coach
Old May 30th 2018, 5:50 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - successful manager, brilliant tactician, poor coach and hopeless human being to give him his full credit
Old May 30th 2018, 9:54 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - successful manager, brilliant tactician, poor coach and hopeless human being to give him his full credit
Never fixed a match, never sent anyone to his “drip doctor” and never picked one human rights campaign over a more pertinent one.

I’lll give you Jose and De Gea and £100m and we’ll have Pep (and infinite cash). Deal?
Old May 31st 2018, 11:00 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Never fixed a match, never sent anyone to his “drip doctor” and never picked one human rights campaign over a more pertinent one.

I’lll give you Jose and De Gea and £100m and we’ll have Pep (and infinite cash). Deal?
not for 30 billion we have a keeper who is at the top level, albeit behind DDG as a shotstopper, and Pep vs Maureen is a no brainer; as to money both clubs have spent about the same so not relevant really.

You can have Mangala on a free to upgrade from Jones though
Old May 31st 2018, 11:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

not for 30 billion we have a keeper who is at the top level, albeit behind DDG as a shotstopper, and Pep vs Maureen is a no brainer; as to money both clubs have spent about the same so not relevant really.

This smells a bit chompy if I'm honest Mike.

Sometimes it's easier just to let the fool play with himself and just tut from the sidelines about what a shame it is.
Old May 31st 2018, 1:26 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
yeah fair point, my bad
Old May 31st 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

Sometimes it's easier just to let the fool play with himself and just tut from the sidelines about what a shame it is.
yeah fair point, my bad
I learnt from the best.

Can we agre that 2018/19 is going to be the year when you can react without our resident scummer squealing “bite”...?
Old Jun 1st 2018, 2:16 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

You two need to take this dross out of the World Cup thread and back to the other thread where it belongs.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 10:47 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

A few freindlies happening before the world cup, lets see the odds beyond that.

England may be in with a show for once.

Nice set of new youngsters. Conbined with real honour rather than financial goals, Could be the remoulding of future English football. I doubt it in the era of plastics.

Put the pride back lads.

As for me, I'll be backing Australia as one cannot deny their pride and passion for their country.

How about a list of peoples last 16
Old Jun 1st 2018, 1:33 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
A few freindlies happening before the world cup, lets see the odds beyond that.

England may be in with a show for once.

Nice set of new youngsters. Conbined with real honour rather than financial goals, Could be the remoulding of future English football. I doubt it in the era of plastics.

Put the pride back lads.

As for me, I'll be backing Australia as one cannot deny their pride and passion for their country.

How about a list of peoples last 16
I don't want to give it the kiss of death with regards to the last 16.

I do expect it to be very much a European world cup because it's being played in Russia. By that I don't expect a strong showing from the South Americans or African nations although I'm sure we'll see a dark horse emerge and Brazil always have decent odds.

England really have no excuses not to beat Tunisia and Panama so should advance.

Favourites are obviously Germany.

The team who could win if they get it together but probably won't are Belgium.

France and Spain the other two who could lift it.

No idea about Australia. Mainly because their stars no longer play abroad and the days of Australians being considered good at sport long gone.

Iceland are back and everyone loves the little guy.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 7:33 pm

Pep’s coaching of Sterling paying dividends there...

I’m just amazed he didn’t go down with a drip in his arm and a pile of cash in his pocket. Cheating bastard.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

So, my 2 cents on the line up...

Keep Pickford, the back 3 and Trippier, Lingard and Kane. Get Rose in over Smalling (he will be exposed I feel for his lack of defending abilities). Drop Sterling (His end product is terrible and I've never been a fan) and get Loftus-Cheek in. Not sure about the midfield 2 - I hate Alli as a player for some reason and Dier is decent cover for the back 3 and is a big lad, so I guess maybe keep him.

Anyone else got views on the starting XI thus far?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.