Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Russia 2018 World Cup

Russia 2018 World Cup

Old May 17th 2018, 7:20 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia 2018 World Cup

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Speak for yourself. In the weeks before I take many trips to the mall to check which magazines have big, good wall charts. Last year there weren't any up to scratch so I printed one in high res, A3 size and it was sufficient.

The Mrs hates it but it's a ****ing world cup so yes, I'm going to watch Gambia vs Paraguay at 11pm because that's what you do.
I'm with you, my love. We always have a wall chart on the kitchen wall every WC and mark off the scores as they happen.
Old May 17th 2018, 10:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Shelvey's pass completion rate is probably hindered by the fact he tries to do long passes rather than passing a few feet to the guy next to you and also the people on the end of his passes are shite. I bet it's a lot easier to pass to Mo Salah than it is Matt Richie. The being said Shelvey is a cock which in itself is a good enough reason not to include him.
agree with that as Shelvey tries too many Hollywood balls and gives away possession as he's not that good and is a lazy prat.... rightly left out
Old May 18th 2018, 4:00 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pissed of about Cahill as well.... Over the Hill and Australia just doesn't need him. Not sure how the Aussies will go actually, but it will be a real boost to the local football scene if they make the quarter finals. Here's the Australian squad.

Socceroos provisional World Cup squad:- Goalkeepers: Brad Jones, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matthew Jurman , Fran Karacic, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury, Midfielders: Josh Brillante, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic, James Troisi Forwards: Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos, Nikita Rukavytsya.

Robbie Kruse used to be able to really turn it on, gone hiding since he hit Europe, you never know a World Cup campaign could be his renaissance. Players to look out for besides the obvious are Players like Andrew Nabbout, whos had a great season here and Daniel Arzani, Josh Brillante can play a bit as well. Those 3 stepping up are the Pivotal to Australias success in this years world cup. If Robbie Kruse produces what he is capable of, then it'll be interesting to see how far Australia could go.

Good luck to the plentiful Melbourne Victory supporters that are going over to Russia to add their voices to Terrace Australis.

Turn your sound down.
Old May 18th 2018, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy with the England squad. Happy to see wilshere and hart left out, but not sure on the welbeck and cahill selection. Glad it's a young squad, and it seems to be geared to the 3 at the back formation we have had some success with lately. Looking forward to it all now!
Old May 18th 2018, 8:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Welbeck being included is a joke. Total waste of space.
Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Also not convinced by the decision to include Welbeck.
Be fair...you need someone to get a sitter of a chance only to find the legs of the only opponent between them and a certain goal with their shot.
Old May 20th 2018, 6:13 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I was very happy with the binning of Hart and Wheelchair but I was a bit miffed he recalled Cahill.

If he is planning for 2022 as someone mentioned up thread then Cahill and Young are a waste of time.

Young has played well enough in the last 12 months though and deserves a spot.

You can't plan for something that is 4 years away. Just go out and try and win every game I'm sure is the real mantra.

England's tournament rests on Kane and Sterling producing in tandem. If we can do that then the dizzy heights of the quarter finals may come our way.
Agree on Cahill but the other option is to start Jones AND Smalling I guess? Smalling should feel a little hard done by, because Jones is a ****ing donkey as well.
Bertrand should possibly feel hard done by missing out behind Delph but I assume the latter played under Southgate at various younger England levels?

Kane, Sterling and Alli. Those three are all the hope we have and that's ****ing terrifying.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I'm with you, my love. We always have a wall chart on the kitchen wall every WC and mark off the scores as they happen.
Ordered one from the interwebs, it's a metre wide. She's going to absolutely love it and really appreciate the addition to the living room.
Old May 25th 2018, 10:11 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
I am happy with the England squad. Happy to see wilshere and hart left out, but not sure on the welbeck and cahill selection. Glad it's a young squad, and it seems to be geared to the 3 at the back formation we have had some success with lately. Looking forward to it all now!
Phil Jones??????????

On another note I see 17 Citeh players are going, the most ever from a single club
Old May 26th 2018, 8:20 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Phil Jones??????????

On another note I see 17 Citeh players are going, the most ever from a single club
That’s amazing, and real testament to Pep’s investment in youth. Well done to all.

And seriously Mike, you’re becoming obsessed with Jones. He won’t get near the first team, and if he does you can rest easy in the knowledge you’re watching a player with more clean sheets in less games than a certain J.Stones.
Old May 26th 2018, 11:51 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

That’s amazing, and real testament to Pep’s investment in youth. Well done to all.

And seriously Mike, you’re becoming obsessed with Jones. He won’t get near the first team, and if he does you can rest easy in the knowledge you’re watching a player with more clean sheets in less games than a certain J.Stones.
I just don't understand what Jones is doing in Yernited team let alone England. Playing with a back 8 will allow clean sheets. I note, wryly, that Citeh conceeded 27 vs yernited 28 oh and scored 106 vs 68.

with Foden, Diaz and Nmecha coming through the youth bit will hopefully be a jibe you can't make next year particularly if Rashford has to move clubs due to Maureen's bullying.....
Old May 26th 2018, 4:22 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't understand what Jones is doing in Yernited team let alone England. Playing with a back 8 will allow clean sheets. I note, wryly, that Citeh conceeded 27 vs yernited 28 oh and scored 106 vs 68.

with Foden, Diaz and Nmecha coming through the youth bit will hopefully be a jibe you can't make next year particularly if Rashford has to move clubs due to Maureen's bullying.....
Mike v Mourinho. Right. I think I know who’s earned the right to decide who’s in United’s back 4. You can note wryly all you like - when we’re playing with 35 year old full backs, Jones keeping that many clean sheets doesn’t suggest he’s a poor defender. I still think Rojo / Bailly is our best combination.

City had the league sewn up in March. Yet none of those you named really featured. Would SAF have done that? Would Jose? He didn’t last season - so “no” is the answer to that. Rashford isn’t being bullied, he’s just shit. He was shit in the cup final, shit against West Brom and shit against Brighton - despite playing in his favoured positions. That’s not Jose’s fault. That’s because he’s shit. Imagine being bullied on £100k a week - in the form of being told you weren’t good enough, when everyone in the world knows you weren’t good enough. But let’s blame Jose, rather than...errrr...the player who isn’t good enough.
Old May 26th 2018, 5:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

He didn’t last season - so “no” is the answer to that. Rashford isn’t being bullied, he’s just shit.
It's a harsh assertion.

Rashford has time on his side but needs to spend it away from Old Trafford like Luke Shaw, Martial every other youngster at the club.

With the resources at his disposal Mourinho will just be seeking finished articles and has a terrible record at developing and improving players anyway.

Now back to the World Cup and mighty Engerland! Is there some sort of World Cup Fantasy League anyone has seen? We may as well get something going to help us keep engaged once Engerland bounce out!
Old May 26th 2018, 10:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Mike v Mourinho. Right. I think I know who’s earned the right to decide who’s in United’s back 4. You can note wryly all you like - when we’re playing with 35 year old full backs, Jones keeping that many clean sheets doesn’t suggest he’s a poor defender. I still think Rojo / Bailly is our best combination.

City had the league sewn up in March. Yet none of those you named really featured. Would SAF have done that? Would Jose? He didn’t last season - so “no” is the answer to that. Rashford isn’t being bullied, he’s just shit. He was shit in the cup final, shit against West Brom and shit against Brighton - despite playing in his favoured positions. That’s not Jose’s fault. That’s because he’s shit. Imagine being bullied on £100k a week - in the form of being told you weren’t good enough, when everyone in the world knows you weren’t good enough. But let’s blame Jose, rather than...errrr...the player who isn’t good enough.
I think the player is good enough under a coach who will develop players and that ain't Maureen......
Old May 26th 2018, 10:37 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
It's a harsh assertion.

Rashford has time on his side but needs to spend it away from Old Trafford like Luke Shaw, Martial every other youngster at the club.

With the resources at his disposal Mourinho will just be seeking finished articles and has a terrible record at developing and improving players anyway.

Now back to the World Cup and mighty Engerland! Is there some sort of World Cup Fantasy League anyone has seen? We may as well get something going to help us keep engaged once Engerland bounce out!
yep exactly right
Old May 27th 2018, 7:12 am

I think the player is good enough under a coach who will develop players and that ain't Maureen......
yep exactly right
Horseshit. You don’t need to be coached on how to take a ****ing corner.
Old May 28th 2018, 7:58 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Horseshit. You don’t need to be coached on how to take a ****ing corner.
clearly some players do 😉

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.