British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   Rugby World Cup 2019 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/rugby-world-cup-2019-a-928054/)

jimenato Oct 11th 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12746735)
England-France cancelled :(

Was looking forward to that with so little footie on the telly this weekend.

Bristol Bears playing Exeter Chiefs on Saturday at 15:00 BST. It's on BT sport and possibly some non-UK channels.

It's a cup match - this is being treated as pre-season by some clubs including Bristol so we are fielding a weak side while Exeter seem to be playing their big guns so we can expect a bit of a stuffing - but who knows...

BristolUK Oct 11th 2019 9:59 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12747084)
Bristol Bears playing Exeter Chiefs on Saturday at 15:00 BST. It's on BT sport and possibly some non-UK channels...

Might take a look for a stream but at the same time Swindon Vs Plymouth is on the telly.

At least I can start the day with Ireland-Samoa which ought to be entertaining enough.


BristolUK Oct 12th 2019 6:20 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
So England has the 4.15 am slot for me next Saturday. Could be worse.

BristolUK Oct 18th 2019 7:52 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

macliam Oct 18th 2019 11:48 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12750650)

Aye well, gobshites exist the world over - pride comes before a fall. I hope the 15 kiwis on the pitch think the same, because the boys in green may have made an awful hames of the group stage, but 2 out of the last 3 games says underestimating the cute hoors may be fatal - Chicago, Dublin........Tokyo?

It might be a dream, but if nothing else, it would be good to shave a little smugness off the kiwis. :thumbup:



mikelincs Oct 19th 2019 9:11 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
Ohh well, hard luck Australia, your world cup is well and truly OVER, 40-16 thrashing by England.

BEVS Oct 19th 2019 9:19 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
Yay.

jimenato Oct 19th 2019 7:28 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
Ireland beaten big time by the Kiwis as well. SO it's UK v All Blacks next Saturday.

And my bet (I don't bet) is that it'll be Wales v South Africa next Sunday.

BristolUK Oct 19th 2019 10:52 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
A major highlight of the England match was Australia's late try not being allowed. Not from any mean streak but the incredulity in Jerome Garces' voice in response to the TMO being "happy" with both (potentially forward) passes prior to the guy running clear.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...n-quarterfinal

BEVS Oct 20th 2019 10:45 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12751066)
Ireland beaten big time by the Kiwis as well. SO it's UK v All Blacks next Saturday.

And my bet (I don't bet) is that it'll be Wales v South Africa next Sunday.

Was the correct answer.

Ireland was disappointing . Certainly wasn't their game at all.

Husband stayed up late to watch the Wales match . From the score it seems it was a good close game.

BristolUK Oct 20th 2019 10:55 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12751608)
Husband stayed up late to watch the Wales match . From the score it seems it was a good close game.

France blew it big time. Idiotic forward seemed oblivious to the presence of cameras when he did this

But even with a man down they were holding out until they lost a 5m scrum in a way that can only be described as equivalent to football's own goal.


BEVS Oct 20th 2019 11:48 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12751612)
France blew it big time. Idiotic forward seemed oblivious to the presence of cameras when he did this

But even with a man down they were holding out until they lost a 5m scrum in a way that can only be described as equivalent to football's own goal.

I haven't been given the lowdown from husband yet.

Oops it seems

mikelincs Oct 21st 2019 10:53 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12751635)
I haven't been given the lowdown from husband yet.

Oops it seems

He knw he was going to be sent off, never even said a word of complaint to the ref, I was so deliberate, I suspect he is due a ban in France as well.

jimenato Oct 21st 2019 11:04 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 
Meanwhile - not RWC but...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5e4b8c134a.jpg

macliam Oct 21st 2019 5:22 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12751818)
He knw he was going to be sent off, never even said a word of complaint to the ref, I was so deliberate, I suspect he is due a ban in France as well.

Doesn't really matter, he has retired......


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:27 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.