Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:37 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

still the best thread on brit expats
Old Sep 1st 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

well teh Super League is starting to get to the final heardles.
just one mor game of the season then its the playoffs, yey
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby League Night will be broadcast on BBC4 next Tuesday night, 7th Sept starting at 9pm with a documentary about the late great Eddie Waring. Following this is another documentary and then they are showing the 1978 CC Final between Leeds and Saints.
After that they will be showing the film This Sporting Life starring Richard Harris.

So get your torrent clients ready on Wednesday

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:05 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Bill looks like we've lifted a bit of your talent

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ns/8961108.stm
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

No big surprise unfortunately,it has been touted for a while he was off to you or Hull, given the sad state of the club at the minute,players leaving right,left and centre,coach has departed,doubt we even have enough players for a full squad for next season.There was supposed to be a statement from David Hughes regarding the clubs future at the Wanky game last night,i havent found or read it yet,but fear the worst.Hughes has kept the club afloat for a while now,hope he doesnt pull the plug.Good luck to LMS,hes a decent player,hopefully he can kick on at Sts.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Just found it,DH sounds positive about most things,im sure there will be shouts of an RFL bailout from some quarters,im not happy about a lot of things at the club,but better minds than mine have tried to make it work,bottom line for me is im just happy we will see another season,this is about the 4th time since i have been following London that i genuinely feared we would fold,but we live to fight another day!!
http://www.league.quins.co.uk/news/12266.php
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:21 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody going to the 4 Nations final at Suncorp? Drinkies at the Caxton first?

Looks like the Wildcats are in the brown and smelly again

Unpaid taxes (same as last year). CEO gone into insolvency BUT passed the job on to his daughter!

Sold off 6 of their best players.

No sign of the new stadium.

Hmmmmm methinks they don't want a francise next year............which is what a lot of fans have been suspecting for quite a long time despite rigorous denials by the directors.

And of course as per it will be everyones fault apart from the people trusted to run the club

Loz x
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

GraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to all

This was my first season watching Aussie NRL on TV and I have absolutely loved it. I never took a blind bit of notice when I lived in the UK, so have no idea how the UK version compares. Is it equally as exciting and as well presented on TV?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:12 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GraniteGuy View Post
This was my first season watching Aussie NRL on TV and I have absolutely loved it. I never took a blind bit of notice when I lived in the UK, so have no idea how the UK version compares. Is it equally as exciting and as well presented on TV?
Yes for the game but unfortunately we have Eddie and Stevo what a pair of pricks
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:43 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Yes for the game but unfortunately we have Eddie and Stevo what a pair of pricks
Stevo! Whats the score? Stevo Stevo whats the score?

What about Ray French and his magical six point gap?

Have to say that the Roosters v Tigers match last week was the most entertained I have ever been watching a league match. Technically rubbish but the excitement......jeeze.....I nearly peed my pants several times.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Got my tickets this morning for friday nights game at Suncorp,cant believe Titans are only 80 mins from a grand final....just need to get over the Rooters now!!
On another note,how good has Gareth Ellis been again this season??
Tim Sheens said recently,when asked about Ellis,that he would get in the Australian team,some praise!!Russell Fairfax said on Foxsports news last night that the Tigers COULDNT win the grand final without Ellis,thats how important he is to them.Hope he can do the business this week against the Dragons and set up a Titans-Tigers final!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkryvdMqssE
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:29 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Got my tickets this morning for friday nights game at Suncorp,cant believe Titans are only 80 mins from a grand final....just need to get over the Rooters now!!
On another note,how good has Gareth Ellis been again this season??
Tim Sheens said recently,when asked about Ellis,that he would get in the Australian team,some praise!!Russell Fairfax said on Foxsports news last night that the Tigers COULDNT win the grand final without Ellis,thats how important he is to them.Hope he can do the business this week against the Dragons and set up a Titans-Tigers final!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkryvdMqssE
Just got my tickets........not very good seats (behind the sticks) but only place we could get 3 together.

Gareth has improved out of sight this season but even as a young kid at Wakefield he had the potential. I think NRL footy suits his style more than Superleague.

As is usually the case the powers that be at Wakefield only saw him as 'a nice little earner' and weren't prepared to keep him and reap the rewards further down the track
Old Sep 24th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Just got my tickets........not very good seats (behind the sticks) but only place we could get 3 together.

Gareth has improved out of sight this season but even as a young kid at Wakefield he had the potential. I think NRL footy suits his style more than Superleague.

As is usually the case the powers that be at Wakefield only saw him as 'a nice little earner' and weren't prepared to keep him and reap the rewards further down the track
sometimes the money for selling can be more appealing than the improving the player so Wakefield can get a couple of players.

i number of summers ago i helped my friend who runs a camping shop with packing some orders and it was a few doors down from a private gym that the Huddersfield Giant use. there was only one papershop/sandwich shop between two locations so a few times i saw some of the players getting some dinner and wow some of them are built, quite intimidating
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:12 am
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by demi View Post
sometimes the money for selling can be more appealing than the improving the player so Wakefield can get a couple of players.

i number of summers ago i helped my friend who runs a camping shop with packing some orders and it was a few doors down from a private gym that the Huddersfield Giant use. there was only one papershop/sandwich shop between two locations so a few times i saw some of the players getting some dinner and wow some of them are built, quite intimidating
Unfortunately it never works like that at Wakefield. The money they get for players is usually to pay off massive debts............this year is no exception they have just sold 7 players to pay the taxman.

The franchises for Superleague are up for grabs in 2012 (I think...may be 11)
and they have not met any of the criteria yet.

But after being involved previously with the club for nearly 15 years nothing they do surprises me

On a different note poor result for Queensland last night will have to barrack for the Tigers and Gareth tonight!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:39 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Unfortunately it never works like that at Wakefield. The money they get for players is usually to pay off massive debts............this year is no exception they have just sold 7 players to pay the taxman.

The franchises for Superleague are up for grabs in 2012 (I think...may be 11)
and they have not met any of the criteria yet.

But after being involved previously with the club for nearly 15 years nothing they do surprises me

On a different note poor result for Queensland last night will have to barrack for the Tigers and Gareth tonight!!!!!
Great result for Lancashire though Cunningham scoring the last try at the old stadium theres been so much great rugby at that place pity it is gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.