Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Henry and Robbie Paul
yes but neither want to play league for GB - Henry only opted to play Union for England Cos he knew he'd never make the All Blacks
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:53 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Cos he knew he'd never make the All Blacks
Oh dagger through the heart
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Oh dagger through the heart
Tis True - He wasnt good enough to wear the England Shirt either!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Tis True - He wasnt good enough to wear the England Shirt either!!!!
The RU side would probably give a game to Ru Paul now,never mind Henry!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
The RU side would probably give a game to Ru Paul now,never mind Henry!
In fairness I think they will improve but just not in time for the World Cup
Old May 5th 2007, 4:57 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Did any of you in OZ see last weeks Souths v Warriors game ??? ...Great game ....unreal finish ....the end of video referee ??

Couldn't believe it ... the runaround ...the cut out pass ...all deemed obstruction ?? surely not
Old May 5th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Did any of you in OZ see last weeks Souths v Warriors game ??? ...Great game ....unreal finish ....the end of video referee ??

Couldn't believe it ... the runaround ...the cut out pass ...all deemed obstruction ?? surely not
Aah... but what was obstruction last week,wont neccesarily be deemed obstruction this week now..lets just say this rule has caused a lot of confusion this season in the NRL.!
Old May 5th 2007, 8:17 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Aah... but what was obstruction last week,wont neccesarily be deemed obstruction this week now..lets just say this rule has caused a lot of confusion this season in the NRL.!
Same as the when is a ball stripped or not (is it a 1 or 2/3 man tackle) or it all depends if the player is LOOKING at the ball when it comes loose

This bloody obstruction thing just makes a mockery of the idea of a dummy runner you might as well say they are outlawed:curse:

Loz x
Old May 6th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Same as the when is a ball stripped or not (is it a 1 or 2/3 man tackle) or it all depends if the player is LOOKING at the ball when it comes loose

This bloody obstruction thing just makes a mockery of the idea of a dummy runner you might as well say they are outlawed:curse:

Loz x
Nice old Wynnum shirt if you are feeling rich at the minute Loz! (its not me selling,honest)!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WYNNUM-MANLY-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old May 8th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyone know how Richie got on for the titans? I missed the game but know the result - just wanted to know if he had a good game or not?
Old May 8th 2007, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone know how Richie got on for the titans? I missed the game but know the result - just wanted to know if he had a good game or not?
I thought he had a pretty decent game for his debut,nothing fancy,but solid all-round performance,took a couple of bombs,never really broke a tackle running the ball back,but i dont think he spilt the ball in what was at times dreadful conditions.Considering how long he had been out,i think hes had maybe 3 Qld cup games with Burleigh Bears,both Richie and John Cartwright will be happy with his performance.
Matt Rogers had his best game so far,i thought he looked real quality at times,and plenty of speed for an old geezer!
Cowboys were just that bit stronger all round, Thurston looked dangerous all night,they will go close this season,possible grand finalists?
Old May 9th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought he had a pretty decent game for his debut,nothing fancy,but solid all-round performance,took a couple of bombs,never really broke a tackle running the ball back,but i dont think he spilt the ball in what was at times dreadful conditions.Considering how long he had been out,i think hes had maybe 3 Qld cup games with Burleigh Bears,both Richie and John Cartwright will be happy with his performance.
Matt Rogers had his best game so far,i thought he looked real quality at times,and plenty of speed for an old geezer!
Cowboys were just that bit stronger all round, Thurston looked dangerous all night,they will go close this season,possible grand finalists?
Thanks Bill - hope he gets a good run in the side - maybe it will encourage more Super League players to come over and try their hand at the NRL
Old May 10th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Changing the subject to the Broncos what did you think of the naming of the 20 greatest players in their 20 year NRL history yesterday? The obvious ones,Wally Lewis,Gene Miles,Alfie Langer,but i was a bit surprised to see Shaun Berrigan in there or am i being a bit harsh?
Nice to see an old London Broncos hero of mine Terry Matterson make the 20!
Old May 10th 2007, 5:20 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Changing the subject to the Broncos what did you think of the naming of the 20 greatest players in their 20 year NRL history yesterday? The obvious ones,Wally Lewis,Gene Miles,Alfie Langer,but i was a bit surprised to see Shaun Berrigan in there or am i being a bit harsh?
He was a great clubman (Shaun Berrigan) ....doing the dirty work and playing with a lot of versatility ...thats my take at least ..... Sailor will no doubt make the list but I always hated the guy ....did Harvey Howard get on the list
Old May 10th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I havent actually seen the list yet Bill - bearing in mind the Broncos have only been in existance for 20 years anyone who has been at the club more then 5 years is bound to have a shot and shaun has played in a few Grand Final Winning sides I'm not really that surprised

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.