Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:26 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Some weeks later and the Aussie's are still reeling from the shock of losing to a better team
Stuart always was a bit of a wanker...

Wonder what the Aussie's think of Wayne Bennett....he must have been called a traitor by some pundits .....
Yeah I thought he was and I'm English
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Some weeks later and the Aussie's are still reeling from the shock of losing to a better team
Stuart always was a bit of a wanker...

Wonder what the Aussie's think of Wayne Bennett....he must have been called a traitor by some pundits .....
I say good on him he was treated like shit by the ARL when they lost that Tri Nations final and Ricky Stuart was one of the loudest pricks shooting his mouth off

Isn't Karma a wonderful thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:37 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Australia's National Rugby League has approved a plan for its matches to be officiated by two referees next season.
FFS....its bad enough having one prick with a whistle ....

Not to happy with this ...its bad enough having the ref hooked to the video ref ....telling him what he missed (most of the game) without having double the trouble...

Nice bit of vid for you ....love the tackle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gynH5...eature=related
Old Dec 13th 2008, 1:47 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

FFS....its bad enough having one prick with a whistle ....

Not to happy with this ...its bad enough having the ref hooked to the video ref ....telling him what he missed (most of the game) without having double the trouble...

Nice bit of vid for you ....love the tackle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gynH5...eature=related
I laughed my arse of when I saw it about time someone gave him a wallop
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Vince Karalius has just passed away,bit before my time,but by all accounts one of the toughest to play the game,anyone have any stories regarding Vince they would care to share?
Rated very highly on this site!
http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p13-vote.html

Last edited by bill drinkwater; Dec 14th 2008 at 7:36 am.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:43 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Vince Karalius has just passed away,bit before my time,but by all accounts one of the toughest to play the game,anyone have any stories regarding Vince they would care to share?
Rated very highly on this site!
http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p13-vote.html
I know they used to call him the 'Wild bull of the pampas' My Dad always tell me he was one hard b'stard. He also did a good impression of Al Jolson
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:00 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
He also did a good impression of Al Jolson
Your Dad or Vince

Again a bit before my time, only remember him as a coach.....but if the tales are anything to go by he was a hard mf(er)
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:02 pm
Not dead yet

Your Dad or Vince

Again a bit before my time, only remember him as a coach.....but if the tales are anything to go by he was a hard mf(er)
Vinty
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/is...an/7795228.stm
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:03 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Bill you look so young .....a stand off by the looks of you ...

From my pic ....(the wife has the long hair and wagging finger)...I was a classy winger
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Bill you look so young .....a stand off by the looks of you ...

From my pic ....(the wife has the long hair and wagging finger)...I was a classy winger
I wish!! That photo is probably 7-8 years old,a bit greyer these days im afraid.
A wanna be stand-off maybe,didnt play too much league,was more of a footballer when younger,played a couple of seasons in the LARL with Kingston Warriors,then came back for a season and a half at the start up of the London Griffins RLFC,playing a combination of full-contact and tag,but by then i was in my late 30s and ended up like a cripple after most games.Played mostly full-back which i enjoyed and spent some time in the centres.Wished i had played more when i was younger and fitter but still glad i got the chance to play RL for a while,i enjoyed playing it far more than union which i played in my younger years.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:50 am
Illinois Rapscallion

I wish!! That photo is probably 7-8 years old,a bit greyer these days im afraid.
.Wished i had played more when i was younger and fitter but still glad i got the chance to play RL for a while,i enjoyed playing it far more than union which i played in my younger years.
Played Union for a while....mostly because of my elder brothers and the chance to drink beer. Aged 16 playing open age for Newton-le-Willows....then the chumps at the club insisted I play in the colts ....hated it ...sent off playing against Lymm...6 month ban (stiff armed their stand off...(boring bastard kept kicking the ball) abused the ref. and had a punch up with someone's Dad on the sidelines)...so I never played the game again
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Played Union for a while....mostly because of my elder brothers and the chance to drink beer. Aged 16 playing open age for Newton-le-Willows....then the chumps at the club insisted I play in the colts ....hated it ...sent off playing against Lymm...6 month ban (stiff armed their stand off...(boring bastard kept kicking the ball) abused the ref. and had a punch up with someone's Dad on the sidelines)...so I never played the game again
,tut-tut,the England team could have used you at the world cup recently with that aggression!!
Not a player i remember,but not far from your neck of the woods??
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport...ight_for_life/
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Very sad news,a real top prospect,brought home to me how lucky my 2 sons and i were when we got caught in a rip just 2 weeks after emigrating to Australia and not having a clue about the dangers of the sea,one of the worst and scariest days of our lives,thoughts go out to Sonnys family,praying for a miracle
http://www.bigpondsport.com/Home08/N...x?newsId=29741
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:20 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Sad indeed ....

The only rip I've got caught up in ...was in my pants ...not quite the same thing though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.