Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Think Widnes will be one,the other 2 attractive options as far as expansion goes,Toulouse and Celtic Crusaders,my heart says yes,but i have a nagging feeling it may be too soon for Celtic.Toulouse have hardly set the world on fire this year playing wise,but that wont affect their application.Guess it will mean another influx of Aussies and Kiwis to fill the rosters as there doesnt appear enough talent to fill 12 teams at the minute.Would be strange if a side like HKR missed out,not sure the ground criteria but Craven park isnt the best.
Salford have a new stadium on the way,and im sure Leigh will put up a decent case.
Widnes and Toulouse i fancy!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Think thats the most embarassing result i can remenber for us in Super League Bill - a disgrace:curse:
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Theres no excuse for a result like that,but we are down to the bare bones,and playing some young kids(17 years old) against a side thats on top form was always gonna end in tears.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Theres no excuse for a result like that,but we are down to the bare bones,and playing some young kids(17 years old) against a side thats on top form was always gonna end in tears.
You'd think reserve/youth team players would want to grab their chance and prove a point
Old Jul 6th 2008, 1:05 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
You'd think reserve/youth team players would want to grab their chance and prove a point
Just watched the highlights Sharrif did a superb tackle on Fa'asavalu but that was it you were just ripped to pieces by the Saints who are on top form at the moment they murdered Leeds the other week so I wouldn't be too worried.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Just watched the highlights Sharrif did a superb tackle on Fa'asavalu but that was it you were just ripped to pieces by the Saints who are on top form at the moment they murdered Leeds the other week so I wouldn't be too worried.
I understand Saints are in form but i expect teams have a little pride i could accept a 18 - 0 or a 40 - 12 scoreline but to concede 54 and be scoreless they need to apologise to the fans
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:02 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
I understand Saints are in form but i expect teams have a little pride i could accept a 18 - 0 or a 40 - 12 scoreline but to concede 54 and be scoreless they need to apologise to the fans
I agree with you but I honestly think ANY team would have wilted under the Saints, Price was superb it was like he had dancing shoes on reminded me a little of Phil Ford in the Aussie test years ago ( the one where Gregory scored the long range try)
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:02 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you but I honestly think ANY team would have wilted under the Saints, Price was superb it was like he had dancing shoes on reminded me a little of Phil Ford in the Aussie test years ago ( the one where Gregory scored the long range try)
Phil Ford ... nows there a name I hadn't heard banded about for some time ....and I know the game your talking about ....but wasn't it Henderson Gill... I remember Fordy playing for Wales and trying to decapitate any Aussie that came within range

Watched the Saints/Bronco's game live ....the Bronco's played well right until kick off .....no to be fair they held their own for 20 or 30 minutes ...but they lacked size and speed, Saints had bundles of both all over the park ...

The Wigan and Leeds game the night before was a different animal all together ...edge of the seat stuff ...pure rugby league ....and a sharp reminder as to why league is simply the greatest game out there ...
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Phil Ford ... nows there a name I hadn't heard banded about for some time ....and I know the game your talking about ....but wasn't it Henderson Gill... I remember Fordy playing for Wales and trying to decapitate any Aussie that came within range

Watched the Saints/Bronco's game live ....the Bronco's played well right until kick off .....no to be fair they held their own for 20 or 30 minutes ...but they lacked size and speed, Saints had bundles of both all over the park ...

The Wigan and Leeds game the night before was a different animal all together ...edge of the seat stuff ...pure rugby league ....and a sharp reminder as to why league is simply the greatest game out there ...
We sat and watched the Pies-Whinos game the other night,what a cracker,fantastic game,great atmosphere.At the end my missus who had been watching out the corner of her eye said she hadnt enjoyed a game of RL so much since being in Oz and asked me why the SL games are more entertaining to watch than the NRL.
Idont expect England to win the 2008 RLWC(although i think we can,if you get my drift),but i just hope guys like Burrow,Pryce can stay fit,Burrow could really surprise the Aussies with his darting runs,and Pryce is at the top of his game right now,they have to be 6 and 7 if fit,with Mcguire as back-up.
Have to say really enjoyed the Titans last night,they looked a bit more like their early season selves,throwing the ball around a bit and trying some off the cuff stuff,and it worked.The second half performance,and the last couple of minutes was nerve wracking for me to watch!!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWElwQ7mwM4
Classic Gill,love that Joe Ldon try as well !!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Think this might be the game,state of John ******aux s boat race!
No surprise to see Barrie Mac and Bobbie Goulding involved in the second clip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJ-Japm1cw
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:03 pm
Not dead yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWElwQ7mwM4
Classic Gill,love that Joe Ldon try as well !!
The Gill/Gregory tries are in the same game but it was defo Ford he took the ball standing still about 10 yards out and run through the aussies. Im so sad I still have that game on video
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:41 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

The Gill/Gregory tries are in the same game but it was defo Ford he took the ball standing still about 10 yards out and run through the aussies. Im so sad I still have that game on video
I'm sadder still.... My brother has the video and its years since I've seen the whole game ...including half time comments from Peter Fox ....laughing as he says "thats took the chuckle out of Eastlakes voice" ......Eastlake being the smarmy Aussie commentator
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:46 am
Not dead yet

I'm sadder still.... My brother has the video and its years since I've seen the whole game ...including half time comments from Peter Fox ....laughing as he says "thats took the chuckle out of Eastlakes voice" ......Eastlake being the smarmy Aussie commentator
With a very young Shaun Edwards looking bemused
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

We sat and watched the Pies-Whinos game the other night,what a cracker,fantastic game,great atmosphere.At the end my missus who had been watching out the corner of her eye said she hadnt enjoyed a game of RL so much since being in Oz and asked me why the SL games are more entertaining to watch than the NRL.
Idont expect England to win the 2008 RLWC(although i think we can,if you get my drift),but i just hope guys like Burrow,Pryce can stay fit,Burrow could really surprise the Aussies with his darting runs,and Pryce is at the top of his game right now,they have to be 6 and 7 if fit,with Mcguire as back-up.
Have to say really enjoyed the Titans last night,they looked a bit more like their early season selves,throwing the ball around a bit and trying some off the cuff stuff,and it worked.The second half performance,and the last couple of minutes was nerve wracking for me to watch!!
Just as well Leon prefers Blackpool to Bondi,because if he gets done for this,he canforget about a visa for Oz with his record.
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...sault_charges/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.