Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Well Bill we've lost Sykesy to the Bulls but signed Fa'Filli from Whinos - Shame about Sykesy as were losing a good English player for yet another antipidean

I was his shirt sponser for one season think it was around 2003 or 2004 never actually got to a game in that period to see if I was in the programme

See Tyrone Smith has joined big Bruv at the Brumbies
Syko going is a shame but had been expected as his partner is/was having a baby and had moved back up north.He has been a good servant for us,going from a Bulls reserve team player to England and GB honours,he will be missed.Tyrone Smith for me was a big disappointment,offered glimpses of his talent but didnt seem to have the heart for me.Signing FaFilli from Warrington is a decent signing,he is a proven try scorer so hopefully he will continue at Quins in that vein.Lee Hopkins has retired as well,a player very much in the Steele Retchless/Peter Gill mould,a real clubman who never gave less than 100% every time he pulled on the shirt,and also turned down the move to Wigan to stay with the club,and a real nice fella to talk to as well.Biggest problem for us this season has been the forwards(props mainly) ,we must have the smallest/lightest pack in SL,that is the area that Lenegan(if he stays) and Mcdermott need to put right.(just remembered David Mills is leaving as well).We have been linked with Clint Newton at the Storm and Kirk Reynoldson at Knights,both good players,but neither is really an out and out prop. Carl Webb would be nice,heard he is looking at going to UK??
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Syko going is a shame but had been expected as his partner is/was having a baby and had moved back up north.He has been a good servant for us,going from a Bulls reserve team player to England and GB honours,he will be missed.Tyrone Smith for me was a big disappointment,offered glimpses of his talent but didnt seem to have the heart for me.Signing FaFilli from Warrington is a decent signing,he is a proven try scorer so hopefully he will continue at Quins in that vein.Lee Hopkins has retired as well,a player very much in the Steele Retchless/Peter Gill mould,a real clubman who never gave less than 100% every time he pulled on the shirt,and also turned down the move to Wigan to stay with the club,and a real nice fella to talk to as well.Biggest problem for us this season has been the forwards(props mainly) ,we must have the smallest/lightest pack in SL,that is the area that Lenegan(if he stays) and Mcdermott need to put right.(just remembered David Mills is leaving as well).We have been linked with Clint Newton at the Storm and Kirk Reynoldson at Knights,both good players,but neither is really an out and out prop. Carl Webb would be nice,heard he is looking at going to UK??
I would like to see us move away from signing NRL players and move for good GB players it just always feel like Australian/NZ Harlequins
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
I would like to see us move away from signing NRL players and move for good GB players it just always feel like Australian/NZ Harlequins
Agreed,but part of the problem has been getting players from up north to move down to London,and then getting them to stay.Its very hard for the club with the cost of living in London and the south east for the club to make it attractive to players who are on virtually the same money with a club up north.Paul Sykes is one of the few who has stayed more than 1 season,Francis Stephenson another,but many are gone back up the motorway in a few months.The under 21s have had a good season and they are 90 odd percent English/British so hopefully there will be a few go on to the 1st team,and guys like Louis Mcarthy-scarsbrook,Tony Clubb,and Mike Worrincy who all played a few first grade games this year will be all the better for the experience next year.On a small plus side there are a couple of other SL clubs who are worse or at least as bad as us at packing their side with overseas players but thats no excuse.Personally with all the vacating players and Ian Lenegan saying very little about his takeover of the pies i am really worried as to what next season holds or the club on and off the field!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Well done to Saints !!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/6978862.stm
Rafa Benitez was there to watch....perhaps he sees Cunningham as the new Emile Heskey for Pool ?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Agreed,but part of the problem has been getting players from up north to move down to London,and then getting them to stay.Its very hard for the club with the cost of living in London and the south east for the club to make it attractive to players who are on virtually the same money with a club up north.Paul Sykes is one of the few who has stayed more than 1 season,Francis Stephenson another,but many are gone back up the motorway in a few months.The under 21s have had a good season and they are 90 odd percent English/British so hopefully there will be a few go on to the 1st team,and guys like Louis Mcarthy-scarsbrook,Tony Clubb,and Mike Worrincy who all played a few first grade games this year will be all the better for the experience next year.On a small plus side there are a couple of other SL clubs who are worse or at least as bad as us at packing their side with overseas players but thats no excuse.Personally with all the vacating players and Ian Lenegan saying very little about his takeover of the pies i am really worried as to what next season holds or the club on and off the field!!
Especially as clubs have to apply for a franchise next season:curse::curse::curse:
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:16 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Saints !!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/6978862.stm
Rafa Benitez was there to watch....perhaps he sees Cunningham as the new Emile Heskey for Pool ?
Cunningham's too fast
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:23 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Cunningham's too fast
A question you may be able to answer.

Has Stuart Fielden actually played a game where he hasn't been knocked out?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

A question you may be able to answer.

Has Stuart Fielden actually played a game where he hasn't been knocked out?
probably yes,if the question had been had Fielden actually played a game where he should have been knocked out,then no!,he has that habit of every time hes tackled cocking his arm like hes going to throw a haymaker.which was precisely why Willie Mason decked him.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:34 pm
Not dead yet

probably yes,if the question had been had Fielden actually played a game where he should have been knocked out,then no!,he has that habit of every time hes tackled cocking his arm like hes going to throw a haymaker.which was precisely why Willie Mason decked him.
Oh I thought he'd done that because he's a pie eating tosser
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pie-eaters are on a roll !!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7001091.stm
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:33 am
Not dead yet

Wouldn't that be a sausage roll?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:05 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

a sausage roll will do nicely ..help me soak up some of this beer I drank in celebration ...first the glass men ( or should that be paper) then the steam pigs .....Next!!!

How is everyone ?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:55 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
a sausage roll will do nicely ..help me soak up some of this beer I drank in celebration ...first the glass men ( or should that be paper) then the steam pigs .....Next!!!

How is everyone ?
**** me they win a couple of games and he comes back from hiding
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:09 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

**** me they win a couple of games and he comes back from hiding
Nice to see you too ....more a case of having enough spare cash to afford a new computer, after the laptop and then the family computer were both rendered useless by teenagers and viruses ....
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:37 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Nice to see you too ....more a case of having enough spare cash to afford a new computer, after the laptop and then the family computer were both rendered useless by teenagers and viruses ....
We were taking bets on if you died of shame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.