Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old May 24th 2013, 7:00 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
1-0

Although I've been to watch Salisbury at their old stadium, in the middle of a city centre park. Basically a horrid pitch with a club house and metal railing for sidelines.
Sounds a bit basic in it's facilities, to say the least. Interesting how close to Stonehenge it is.....
Old May 24th 2013, 8:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Interesting. I never really thought of St Louis as a place where they'd be so into football,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...FIFA_World_Cup)

check out the American team players bios

not to mention more recently.
Brian McBride
Brad Davis
Taylor Twellman
Tim Ream
Vedad Ibisevic (Hoffenheim and Stuttgart was raised here)
Old May 25th 2013, 3:53 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have the Rowdies down here (way before I arrived), they've got going again, allthough they're not MLS.
MKS team coming your way next week in the Cup, Seattle play Tampa Bay on the 29th
Old May 25th 2013, 5:01 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
MLS team coming your way next week in the Cup, Seattle play Tampa Bay on the 29th
Yeah I saw that. It could be a decent match, if it wasn't midweek and I was going to be back from work and able to make it over there in time, I might have considered it. Anything can happen in a cup tie... Realistically, they'll have to play a lot better than I've ever seen them play to beat the Sounders.
The other problem for me is the venue; The Al Lang Field.. its a ****** baseball field, they want a small fortune for anything resembling a decent seat (there isn't much of a choice), and even worse, since they've moved over the other side of the causeway to St Pete's, it's less accessable than it used to be in Tampa.
Old May 25th 2013, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

So........... Moyes has started by kicking out Steele and Phelan............
Old May 25th 2013, 11:41 am
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
So........... Moyes has started by kicking out Steele and Phelan............
Next up, Anderson, Nani and to tell Rooney to get with the program or go.
Old May 25th 2013, 12:35 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a bit basic in it's facilities, to say the least. Interesting how close to Stonehenge it is.....
Oh that was the old one I mentioned. New one is in a housing estate: Raymond McEnhill Stadium, I've played there in an u-13's cup final. Thought I was at Wembley. Horrid estate though, shame.
Old May 25th 2013, 2:53 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been and read through every single post on this thread, and the glaring fact of the matter is that spurs and Man U are shite whereas The mighty West Ham are simply superb, enough said

ps chelsea are shite too
Old May 25th 2013, 3:01 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
From what I've seen in Houston, especially with the Astros, people down here are equally as fickle and fairweather when it comes to actually making the effort to go and support their teams- it is very much a 'we will go if they're winning consistently' mentality, which is both sad and very 'foreign' to me.
Ah...but back in the day when the Astros played in the Astrodome, seating was cheap and it was an entertaining day out, fans were very supportive. Also when the football team were the Oilers and they also played in the Dome the atmosphere was so much different than now. Those were the days
Old May 25th 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Ah... Also when the football team were the Oilers and they also played in the Dome the atmosphere was so much different than now. Those were the days
Let's get it right, shall we? You mean the "american football" team.
Old May 25th 2013, 5:02 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Let's get it right, shall we? You mean the "american football" team.
Whatever
Old May 25th 2013, 5:12 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off in a few, to the local cinema in West Seattle for a free screening of the Champions League Final.
Old May 25th 2013, 10:03 pm
Fair and balanced

Well that was fun, and as I was cheering Dortmund on, I realise that at last I forgive Dortmund for 1966,
Old May 25th 2013, 11:25 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I've been and read through every single post on this thread, and the glaring fact of the matter is that spurs and Man U are shite whereas The mighty West Ham are simply superb, enough said

ps chelsea are shite too
Agree with you on Chelsea and Spurs. The rest of your post is bollocks. Well done on signing a new star striker. Ha ha ha

Welcome - nice to have a new perspective, and another tiny club's fan here. You and kimilseung will have lots to talk about.
Old May 25th 2013, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Whatever

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.