Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Nov 6th 2014, 4:46 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Thing is apparently van Gaal isn't going to bother spending any cash in January, so they're going to be stuck with the team they have all season. Which makes you wonder if Man Utd don't make the Champions League for another season will he be out on his ear? They still might considering how everyone other that Chelsea and Southampton have been dogshit so far.

As for Citeh, I look forward to welcoming you to the round of 32 in the Europa Cup (assuming you can scrape third in your group).
I thought he said he'll only spend if a target becomes available, which in my opinion is the way to go. Buying sub standard players for the sake of it is OUR thing and it hasn't helped us one bit. I do have to wonder why there seems to be a shortage of decent defenders though, are other countries paying them as much as the attacking players as they've realised they're just as important?
Old Nov 6th 2014, 5:51 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is apparently van Gaal isn't going to bother spending any cash in January, so they're going to be stuck with the team they have all season. Which makes you wonder if Man Utd don't make the Champions League for another season will he be out on his ear? They still might considering how everyone other that Chelsea and Southampton have been dogshit so far.

As for Citeh, I look forward to welcoming you to the round of 32 in the Europa Cup (assuming you can scrape third in your group).
not sure we can make third
Old Nov 6th 2014, 5:54 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Er, only citeh could be in a crisis whilst having TWO world-class players for just about every position on the pitch...!! :blink
that is why we talk about typical city - no other club could be in crisis with our squad, just us but whar doesn't kill us makes us............ even more depressed
Old Nov 7th 2014, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If elected the UKIP and Farage would spend more time in Europe than Citeh
Old Nov 7th 2014, 7:09 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

So, the Palace at home...used to be you wouldn't even bother getting worked up about that one, but given that we don't even have two fit centre-halves right now, Warnock's lot could be more trouble than usual. Think LvG will have to start with Carrick alongside young McNair, so our former striker Fraizer Campbell will certainly provide a challenge.

Down the other end, I've never rated Speroni that highly, and hopefully Rooney can inspire a few goals to give us a chance of a win.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 12:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
If elected the UKIP and Farage would spend more time in Europe than Citeh

nice one

mind you at least we actually got to play in Europe, which never used to happen
Old Nov 8th 2014, 9:06 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Relief, the over-riding emotion....thanks Juan, another 'rescue' mission...

Elsewhere, I think the scouse are going to struggle to finish in the top 4 on today's showing- Courtois didn't have a single save of note to make, and Chelsea looked comfortable for long periods at Anfield....definite Cahill hand-ball late on, mind you, which I was amazed wasn't given in front of the usual 'baying' Kop (but that's down to the 'boy crying wolf' sydrome- if they didn't appeal for ridiculous decisions, the ref might take more notice of their cries for reasonable ones....!!), but they wouldn't have deserved a point if they'd got it- could be rough times ahead for the man from Carnlough unless results improve, especially after resting some players in Madrid who didn't return the favour with any kind of stellar performances (it would appear that Stevie G cannot be subbed if he starts a game- Can was probably the best player in red in the midfield but got hooked anyway...?!)...

Alas, the Chavs are a certainty for the title at this stage; Costa simply doesn't miss, Matic is a beast in the centre, and they look a level above everyone else, including citeh.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 10:33 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post

Alas, the Chavs are a certainty for the title at this stage; Costa simply doesn't miss, Matic is a beast in the centre, and they look a level above everyone else, including citeh.
They were a certainty a month ago. At the start of the season I thought Champions by 15 points but it could be more than 20.

It will be interesting to see who makes up the remainder of the Top 4.

Southampton have a genuine chance.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:36 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I expect Poch's well pleased he moved from crappy little Saints to the mighty Spurs!
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:38 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I expect Poch's well pleased he moved from crappy little Saints to the mighty Spurs!
Do you want Pardew? 2 for 1 with Mike the fat controller.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:44 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Poch, or is it Spurs that are shit?

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Five wins in five for Pards. I guess he had to do enough to make sure he wasn't sacked. I'm sure he'll be back to being shit soon.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:45 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Don't think even he'd want to come to Spurs right now.

Such a shit season, but I think we need to close the revolving doors on managers.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:46 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Five wins in five for Pards. I guess he had to do enough to make sure he wasn't sacked. I'm sure he'll be back to being shit soon.
He's just a symptom of the way it's run. Not sure why anyone would work for Ashley.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:52 pm
Grace and gratitude

My personal view is that Poch is not the issue, Baldini made some bad choices with who he brought in but Levy also made bad choices by sacking Harry (and those of you on this thread at the time will remember I said it was a huge mistake), and then sacking AVB and Sherwood far too quickly.

I think Levy is the real issue, he's done good stuff for the club financially but it's time for him to move on.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 4:19 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

My personal view is that Poch is not the issue, Baldini made some bad choices with who he brought in but Levy also made bad choices by sacking Harry (and those of you on this thread at the time will remember I said it was a huge mistake), and then sacking AVB and Sherwood far too quickly.

I think Levy is the real issue, he's done good stuff for the club financially but it's time for him to move on.
Glad to see the penny has dropped with some Spurs fans... Levy is a tube outside of the financial world, and his decisions to sack numerous managers without giving them the opportunity to get a squad together has come back to haunt Spurs.

Poch has shown that he is a very competent manager, and if he gets the chop now, Spurs fans should demand Levy's resignation as well. There has been some money wasted on crap there, and who's smart idea was it to 'gift' Michael Dawson away for 3.5m??!!! Incredible.... look at that defence now, with Kaboul as captain (does he ever actually open his gob??)...!!

BTW absolutely delighted for Pardew, after the crap he's had to endure....yet another club where the REAL problem is the owner, not the manager, but the majority of the Geordies are either too blind or too thick to see it....why waste time protesting against Pardew when they should be protesting against Ashley...??!!

Last edited by Cainess; Nov 9th 2014 at 4:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.