Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Apr 25th 2015, 11:38 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Dull 0-0. Liverpool basically left to knock it from wing-to-wing on the halfway line. What some would call "ineffectual going forward." And yet Brenda - seemingly oblivious to the fact that almost every non-Red journalist thinks this is hilarious now - says Liverpool were, "outstanding."

BBC Sport - Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool 'outstanding' against West Brom

Someone at FSG needs to require media training.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 2:31 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Dull 0-0. Liverpool basically left to knock it from wing-to-wing on the halfway line. What some would call "ineffectual going forward." And yet Brenda - seemingly oblivious to the fact that almost every non-Red journalist thinks this is hilarious now - says Liverpool were, "outstanding."

BBC Sport - Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool 'outstanding' against West Brom

Someone at FSG needs to require media training.
Watched about 20 minutes of the 1st half, and if that was 'outstanding' then Brendan is grasping at some very short straws these days...
Old Apr 26th 2015, 3:37 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a whole new series of Merseyside derbies next year.
Tranmere vs Southport.
Tranmere getting kicked out of the Football League is like being told that a cousin you have not seen in 20 years has got cancer. At once shocking and don't really care.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 4:34 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
There will be a whole new series of Merseyside derbies next year.
Tranmere vs Southport.
Tranmere getting kicked out of the Football League is like being told that a cousin you have not seen in 20 years has got cancer. At once shocking and don't really care.
What a shame been to both those grounds as part of the roller coaster style of my team. Some great memories of Tranmere especially.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:45 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Don't know, don't care - he's your problem now. No refunds, no returns.
Same as Shaw.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:39 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Shoddy defending again, gave away 2 sloppy goals. Feel so sorry for Lloris, wouldn't blame him if he scarpered over the summer (please, please not to Man U though).

Just hope we get some pennies to spend over the summer.

In other news, results in the Championship means that if Bournemouth win tomorrow against Bolton, they are pretty much guaranteed to go up to the prem. We're off to the match tomorrow, so excited (I'm even missing double Corrie on the box). Game's on Sky, so need you all to watch and send positive vibes. Look out for me in the crowd, and the post match celebration, should there be one. Up the Cherries
Old Apr 26th 2015, 10:11 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Same as Shaw.
Happy with Shaw - he's gonna be fine now he can hear supporters cheering instead of the sound of cousins getting married and chavs fighting over the ownership of Burberry scarves.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Shoddy defending again, gave away 2 sloppy goals. Feel so sorry for Lloris, wouldn't blame him if he scarpered over the summer (please, please not to Man U though).

In other news, results in the Championship means that if Bournemouth win tomorrow against Bolton, they are pretty much guaranteed to go up to the prem. We're off to the match tomorrow, so excited (I'm even missing double Corrie on the box). Game's on Sky, so need you all to watch and send positive vibes. Look out for me in the crowd, and the post match celebration, should there be one. Up the Cherries
Good luck PB - fingers crossed. I really hope you can do it.

United v Everton today. 3 points will probably guarantee CL football despite Liverpool's outstanding draw with West Brom.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 11:02 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Up the Cherries
Indeed.

Happy with Shaw - he's gonna be fine now he can hear supporters cheering instead of the sound of cousins getting married and chavs fighting over the ownership of Burberry scarves.

Good luck PB - fingers crossed. I really hope you can do it.

United v Everton today. 3 points will probably guarantee CL football despite Liverpool's outstanding draw with West Brom.
Shaw will be world class if he can stay fit. Glad to hear you've decided to play some games behind closed doors so he can focus.

In fairness,I didn't see the Liverpool game but when I saw the result my first thoughts were;

1. Wow, what a result for Liverpool. I bet they were outstanding in their performance.
2. Outstanding probably doesn't cover it, it was a clean sheet. That is outstanding.
3. OUTSTANDING.

Just so we're clear; Outstanding.
Adjective - exceptionally good.
EG: "the team's outstanding performance"

Brendan's finally losing the plot. The milky white toothed **** is so wrapped up in his own bullshit that he believes it, wholeheartedly.

Old Apr 26th 2015, 2:46 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

What Ed said...VERY happy with Shaw, he'll be just fine for us for years to come....if we can add Clyne, Saints fans can appreciate their progress from afar...

Hope the Cherries do make promotion, if only to add a totally 'new' club to the PL next season, one with zero history in the top division- they will deserve it, too, operating on a fraction of the budget of many other Championship clubs.

Everton today....tricky, as always at Goodison, but we should have enough about us to give them a stern test, and I'd be disappointed to lose this one now, which shows how much expectation has risen with the recent return to pre-Moyes form. 'Mon Reds!!
Old Apr 26th 2015, 3:03 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Everton - no complaints as we just looked off the pace and had no cutting edge. I've complained about it before - that offside rule is bullshit. That 3rd goal was a joke.

Everton fans were poor - supposed to be at home, beating United, and all we could hear were the "plastics".

Falcao looks like a man who doesn't want to live in England.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 4:55 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Bournemouth.

Southampton the better team against Tottenham.

I've really liked Fazio the last two games. He is strong and makes critical interventions.

The first goal was more Mason's fault than Davies who the commentators seemed to want to pick on during the coverage I watched.

Lamela still not looking anything like a Premier League player.

ENIC need to be bold in the transfer window or it will only be marginally better next season.

I suspect Lloris and predictably Verthongan will be aspiring to play for clubs who can offer bigger salaries.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:01 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post

Everton today....tricky, as always at Goodison, but we should have enough about us to give them a stern test, and I'd be disappointed to lose this one now, which shows how much expectation has risen with the recent return to pre-Moyes form. 'Mon Reds!!
Well done Everton - no complaints as we just looked off the pace and had no cutting edge. I've complained about it before - that offside rule is bullshit. That 3rd goal was a joke.

Everton fans were poor - supposed to be at home, beating United, and all we could hear were the "plastics".

I predicted an Everton victory today.

United were really getting ahead of themselves (surprisingly) after losing to Chelsea and it was the sort of fixture that would provide a reality check.

Looks like another 100 million or so will be spent at United so they'll challenge next season and the Glaziers will be owed an apology.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I predicted an Everton victory today.

United were really getting ahead of themselves (surprisingly) after losing to Chelsea and it was the sort of fixture that would provide a reality check.

Looks like another 100 million or so will be spent at United so they'll challenge next season and the Glaziers will be owed an apology.
We missed Carrick - end of. I don't think 3-0 was necessarily a fair reflection of the game, but we were overrun in midfield and are desperately short in defence and up front.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:14 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

We missed Carrick - end of. I don't think 3-0 was necessarily a fair reflection of the game, but we were overrun in midfield and are desperately short in defence and up front.
I didn't see it. Words I have stolen from Arsene Wenger :-)

I had told a United fan on Friday I saw them dropping points and the game being 2-2 or 3-2 to Everton.

United actually as a neutral/non-fan excite me by the transfer deals they are looking to pull off. They are the sort of deals that us poorer clubs dream of.

Changing subject: Odd that they still use 4-4-2 for the PFA team when the front runners of the Premier League aspire to play 4-2-3-1.

Kane makes cut but Hazard, Costa, Terry among six Chelsea players in PFA Premier League Team of the Year | Football News | Sky Sports

I won't argue with that side.

Last edited by JamesM; Apr 26th 2015 at 8:17 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:46 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really like the offside rule either, but perhaps if your defenders actually tried defending, then it would have been an issue anyway.

As for the fans, not sure what you were listening to, but the only time I heard the Man Utd fans was during the minute's silence. Classy that.

Anyway, good game, Positive Bob had a game plan and the players stuck to it. Probably the best we've played this season (in the PL at least).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.