Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:08 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
To be fair I'd probably still shag my wife even when she acts like a dick, so long as she doesn't grow one it's all good.
Me too.

Well, my wife, not yours.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
I once ate my fillet steak medium as opposed to rare. That was a tough match day.
Mr Ashley is that you?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:21 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Mr Ashley is that you?
Don't get me started on the wine pairing.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:28 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me started on the wine pairing.
Thought you'd be a happy chappy right now...you've got shot of Pardew, that just leaves the REAL culprit (Fat Mike) to oust.... and he seems like he, for whatever strange reason(!?!), wants to increase his stake in Rangers...perhaps he'll soon become their problem (those poor bastards surely have had enough misery heaped on them for the last 4 years...?) not yours....
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:51 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
To be fair I'd probably still shag my wife even when she acts like a dick, so long as she doesn't grow one it's all good.
Let's face it, the average bloke is up for it morning, noon and night whatever the given situation.

Women are more picky, we need wooing, the ambience has to be right, the bloke should have at least cleaned the bathroom and helped with the kids homework that day, it can't be too cold or too hot and it should preferably be a new moon and have the letter 'L' in the month.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 6:31 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Thought you'd be a happy chappy right now...you've got shot of Pardew, that just leaves the REAL culprit (Fat Mike) to oust.... and he seems like he, for whatever strange reason(!?!), wants to increase his stake in Rangers...perhaps he'll soon become their problem (those poor bastards surely have had enough misery heaped on them for the last 4 years...?) not yours....
I wish Pardew well in his new role, but I'm not sad to see him gone. Partly because he will always have limitations as a manager, partly because I think fat Mike had some additional level of control over him (alleged gambling debts) where he would toe the line a little too quickly.

The counter to this is that working for fat Mike can't be easy - who will come in? But just because it's unknown doesn't mean that we should shy away from wanting change. In order to see some change, one of two things have to happen:

1) The very structure of English (and world) football changes to more of an Ashley type of model, thus meaning we are better able to compete on a level playing field of everyone putting the bottom line first

2) Ashley's power base has to be eroded.

The man bought the club - it's his to do with as he pleases. I don't have to like it, but I can't do much about it. I don't think another manager will be in as weak a position as Pardew, so that means some of Mike's power is eroded.

He is a very smart, shrewd business man. Buying Rangers is part of a plan, and I imagine it involves selling us. I don't know how or when, but, if nothing else, I will be glad for the opportunity to feel something for it again. There is no passion for what gets a supporter excited in the club for too long. It is an utterly demoralizing place to be, but at least we are a going concern. We're not about to go out of business because of debt.

I view this as a holding period. We're consolidating and treading water while something happens in football. Something has to happen with the money - the bubble will burst, we just don't know when. I'm OK with us not even trying to compete in that space. We might be well positioned in whatever the new world of football, in 5+ years, looks like. Or not. I wasn't disappointed when we went down - it was the stimulus we needed to get some of the legacy issues of the club dealt with - players on 80k a week contracts. All in all, I don't see the Ashley era as something positive or negative - it's been a necessary evil as a result of some poor management beforehand.

Or I can do the "how man, we're a ****ing sleeping giant, we are, we deserve to be everyone's second team, howay man Mike Ashley is a **** and ruining our club, we're the best ****ing fans in the world and everyone from sunderland is a ****".

Whichever narrative you prefer.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 6:53 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Pardew well in his new role, but I'm not sad to see him gone. Partly because he will always have limitations as a manager, partly because I think fat Mike had some additional level of control over him (alleged gambling debts) where he would toe the line a little too quickly.

The counter to this is that working for fat Mike can't be easy - who will come in? But just because it's unknown doesn't mean that we should shy away from wanting change. In order to see some change, one of two things have to happen:

1) The very structure of English (and world) football changes to more of an Ashley type of model, thus meaning we are better able to compete on a level playing field of everyone putting the bottom line first

2) Ashley's power base has to be eroded.

The man bought the club - it's his to do with as he pleases. I don't have to like it, but I can't do much about it. I don't think another manager will be in as weak a position as Pardew, so that means some of Mike's power is eroded.

He is a very smart, shrewd business man. Buying Rangers is part of a plan, and I imagine it involves selling us. I don't know how or when, but, if nothing else, I will be glad for the opportunity to feel something for it again. There is no passion for what gets a supporter excited in the club for too long. It is an utterly demoralizing place to be, but at least we are a going concern. We're not about to go out of business because of debt.

I view this as a holding period. We're consolidating and treading water while something happens in football. Something has to happen with the money - the bubble will burst, we just don't know when. I'm OK with us not even trying to compete in that space. We might be well positioned in whatever the new world of football, in 5+ years, looks like. Or not. I wasn't disappointed when we went down - it was the stimulus we needed to get some of the legacy issues of the club dealt with - players on 80k a week contracts. All in all, I don't see the Ashley era as something positive or negative - it's been a necessary evil as a result of some poor management beforehand.

Or I can do the "how man, we're a ****ing sleeping giant, we are, we deserve to be everyone's second team, howay man Mike Ashley is a **** and ruining our club, we're the best ****ing fans in the world and everyone from sunderland is a ****".

Whichever narrative you prefer.

Always nice to read the 'inside' perspective of a long-time fan of any club, and Ashley's version of NUFC is a long-running football 'story', much like the Glazer's version of United...I guess our joint hope is that these people have some inkling of what they are doing because, like it or not, they have the power to destroy institutions that many, many people have implanted in their hearts, and what has happened (and continues to happen) at Ibrox is a lesson to everyone else on how a huge club with a brilliant history can be destroyed by those within it's corridors of power....
Old Jan 13th 2015, 7:33 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Let's face it, the average bloke is up for it morning, noon and night whatever the given situation.

Women are more picky, we need wooing, the ambience has to be right, the bloke should have at least cleaned the bathroom and helped with the kids homework that day, it can't be too cold or too hot and it should preferably be a new moon and have the letter 'L' in the month.
That's why I only have French calendars in my house. Le January, Le February etc..
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:07 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic game of football tonight. Well done to Wet Spam for getting the win, but both teams gave everything and although I'm disappointed with the result, I'm more than happy with the performance (McGeady aside). Turns out Robles is a decent keeper after all, who knew?
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:50 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Pommy - I once went to a midweek FA Cup tie against Millwall, it was at St Mary's and it all kicked off. We were 3 rows in front of the boxes and there was one full of Millwall fans fighting with people in the crowd, they let too many away fans in and some were sat in with Saints fans - hateful.

There was 'claret' all over, Dad and I just stood up to keep out the way (we're both big chaps), irrelevant, some scumbag Millwall fan shoved fast Dad, pushed me over a row in front and went and started throwing hail mary's at anyone involved.

Our, most dedicated response and most dedicated action as super-fans was to write a strongly worded letter to Rupert Lowe (prick) and cancel the season tickets at the end of the year.

It wasn't so much the fighting that Dad hated but the fact the Stewards did the square root of **** all.

To make sure we didn't miss out though, we did what we could, Dad put his hand in his pocket (as a super-fan's Dad does) and we got a box for the next few seasons instead.

I spent years taking teachers to the odd game ("Oh, you're a Wolves fan? We've got spare seats this weekend if you want? Yeah, bring your wife. You did say that was an A* didn't you? Good."), mates and must have converted a few people to supporting the mighty Saints.

I like to think the money was directly paid to Antti Niemi for being a god and pray that some made it's way to Chris Marsden (football genius). I also like to think some was put in the pot to keep the academy going so we could sell stars like Walcott for £3.50.

All in all, Millwall fans are a disgrace and Dad decided we should up our contribution to the club. #superfan #supertwat
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:43 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I've discovered the magic food you give to a woman to stop her from having sex with you - it's wedding cake.
FIFY

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

Short version
Spoiler:
Women need a reason, men just need a location
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:48 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:34 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
FIFY
I don't like to wake my wife when I'm enjoying myself.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 5:54 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yaya Sanogo, and Jose Enrique or Ashley Cole supposedly heading for Palace.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 15th 2015 at 6:00 am.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:06 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Yaya Sanogo, and Jose Enrique or Ashley Cole supposedly heading for Palace.
That'll be a nice selection of WAGs for Pardew to chase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.