Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Predictions World cup.............

Predictions World cup.............

Old May 27th 2010, 2:49 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions World cup.............

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
It was an OK-ish game. Thought the score was a bit flattering and some of the team looked tired. Rob Green played well and I though Ledley had a good game.
It will be interesting to see how they do. I was always quite fit when I lived in the UK, but running outside here in Jo'burg is knackering due to the altitude. I hope they have prepared enough....
Old May 27th 2010, 6:23 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
I'm glad Beckham's not going. Not good enough.
I didn't think Posh Spice could play in the men's World Cup anyway!

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
It will be interesting to see how they do. I was always quite fit when I lived in the UK, but running outside here in Jo'burg is knackering due to the altitude. I hope they have prepared enough....
I bet they haven't, and that'll be one of the excuses given afterwards.
Old May 28th 2010, 9:27 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

More tickets were released today - at 9am. FIFA promised the website would work and there will be no cock-ups. I think the current parlance is "FAIL".

http://www.ewn.co.za/articleprog.aspx?id=40570

I was one of the lucky ones - nipped in, got my last remaining England tickets, got out again. I drove past the ticketing centre at 08.30am this morning and it was chaos.... I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Still, in full "smug mode" now - assuming England keep winning, I'll be there....!
Old May 28th 2010, 10:09 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy© View Post
Who do you think will win? Italy

Who do you want to win and why? Spain, I have picked them to win it for years and years and they always make an arse of it.

Which under-dog (nation) will completely surprise us all? Ghana

Which so-called footballing nation will make complete arses of themselves and full flat on their faces? England (due to their own press shitting on them, again)

Which manager will be used as a scape goat for poor team performance and be sacked immediately following the championship?
Maradona[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE for Italy to do it again but I don't think it's gonna happen - their football has been uninspiring of late and they made a right show of themselves at the Confed Cup.

There was a rumour that Totti would return but I think Lippi said no to that as he hadn't contributed to the team qualifying - no Toni and some of the players that did it in 2006 are looking a little 'past it' but who knows strong defence and a fanatstic goalie could just sway it
Old May 28th 2010, 2:26 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'll have a go too

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
So it's all getting exciting - not long to go - so what d'ya reckon.....

Who do you think will win? Spain

Who do you want to win and why? England, cause I'm a Brit and it's about time

Which under-dog (nation) will completely surprise us all? Australia

Which so-called footballing nation will make complete arses of themselves and full flat on their faces? Italy

Which manager will be used as a scape goat for poor team performance and be sacked immediately following the championship? Maradona
Old May 28th 2010, 4:39 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
OK, I'll have a go too
Australia????? Really?????? Surely they're only going to SA 'cos the rest of their group in the qualifyers was made of footballing imbeciles?
Old May 28th 2010, 4:46 pm

Australia????? Really?????? Surely they're only going to SA 'cos the rest of their group in the qualifyers was made of footballing imbeciles?
Well SA are only here 'cos it's...errrrrr.....here....!
Old May 29th 2010, 3:26 am
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked them at random to be honest because I quite like Australia in general. I'd love to have been able to say Northern Ireland but well, it's not 1982 anymore
Old May 29th 2010, 7:12 am
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to have been able to say Northern Ireland but well, it's not 1982 anymore
Ah yes, the smell of petrol bombs raining down on Pigs.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Maradona
Its nice to see that you Jocks are your usual backstabbing selves. I was actually beginning to grow indifferent towards you but have thankfully been reminded what a bunch of snakes in the grass you are. Suprised your not all supporting France though .... cos let's face it...you have in every war we've had with them for the last 1000 years.

Still, while we there and actually partaking your can all sit in your hovel like pubs up there and talk about Archie Gemmills goal against the Dutch.

"and we'll really shake 'em up
when we win the world cup
cos Scotland are the greatest football team"

Peru FFS [/QUOTE]
No backstabbing here. Its all done to your faces. We're shite and we know it but you continue to blow your own trumpet about winning and end up on your arses and boy do we love it.
Old May 29th 2010, 10:29 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
but you continue to blow your own trumpet about winning
it's called patriotism.

Old May 29th 2010, 11:28 am
Grace and gratitude

I just picked them at random to be honest because I quite like Australia in general. I'd love to have been able to say Northern Ireland but well, it's not 1982 anymore
Fair enough . I think you're definitely right about Maradona though - he's left Cambiasso and Zanetti out of the squad - what's that all about.

In fact there will be a few greats sadly missed......Ronaldinho (lack of form cited???), Essien and Ballack injured, Cassano and Totti left out for Italy just to name a few!
Old May 29th 2010, 11:36 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
it's called patriotism.
That's the most eloquent Scotsman I've ever heard. The Gorbals university is obviously still right up there with the best of them.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Nope. Its called "not being as good as you think you are"

We are English and we are the best at everything. Ahem, open your eyes folks. Your shite and wont admit it. The empire is long gone so get over it.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:37 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Maradona
Its nice to see that you Jocks are your usual backstabbing selves.:[/QUOTE]

wheres the backstabbing from me?
the english press do it every world cup.
they wait till you kick the first ball then take aim at their own players and manager.
it happens every time.
they seem to think the players dont read the papers.

and another thing. everyone seems to be up in arms about the anybody but england t-shits, but laugh at the anybody but france ones are good for a laugh?

take it as it is, a bit of banter and no more!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.