Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Predictions World cup.............

Predictions World cup.............

Old Jun 20th 2010, 3:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions World cup.............

I think that's a different argument.

The USA are never going to win the world cup either.

but at least they showed some bollocks yesterday.

that's all I want.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
The USA are never going to win the world cup either.
I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 4:34 am
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
An earlier post had the blame being directed at Capello. Fair enough but the problems lie with the expectations of a nation which are far too high.
I thought it had more to do with some of England's 'best' (read over-paid) players playing as though it's a Sunday pub team game (apologies for the insult to pub team players).

Steps are being taken to limit the amount of "foreign" players to a team which is a step in the right direction if the national teams are to progress.
I personally don't give a flying Frenchman about the 'national' team. For the UK to field a 'national' team for international matches, the team would have to at least have the option of selecting English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland players in the same team (even if these are not selected).

The amount of dross which has made its way to British leagues is only because of money on offer. For every good one, there has been many donkeys.
How much 'dross' have the British leagues sent to other countries. Compared to how many come here, very few British players go abroad to play for some of the same reasons foreign players come here. The wages are just a small part of this, as the cost of buying a foreign player is much cheaper than buying a similar British one.

At the time Thierry Henry was sold to Barcelona by Arsenal, if I remember correctly Darren Bent was valued at the same cost as Henry when another club asked Tottenham about him. British players have regularly been seen as overpriced and less value for money.

How this move will sit with the law is another question with freedom of movement and court cases likely to spring up not to mention TV companies having their say.
The EU is still debating whether the limit on the number of foreign players under this new rule is legal within employment law.

The EPL is overwash with nationalities and until something is done to curb this, then the national teams will continue to be crap.
Not just the EPL apparently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...League_players

The above list does not include English, Welsh or Northern Irish players, who are not considered 'foreign' apparently.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 5:57 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
You'd think that by picking hungry up and coming players with proven track records like James and Heskey the team would do the job against any oppo wouldn't you?

After all, we invented the game, we should win against everyone ...

Faith, Schmaith, Enjoy the games, I'll enjoy my sleep.
I picked up a book at Cape Town airport called "why England lose" - read most of it on the plane. It explains everything! I won't try and condense it into a post, but my expectations have been "adjusted" as a result.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement.
I meant this year.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:00 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I picked up a book at Cape Town airport called "why England lose" - read most of it on the plane. It explains everything! I won't try and condense it into a post, but my expectations have been "adjusted" as a result.
Does it mention anything about them not being as good as the opposition? Despite the tedious hype before each tournament.

Still Argentina for my money ... which is still in my pocket ...
Old Jun 20th 2010, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
I meant this year.
I thought perhaps.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:24 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Does it mention anything about them not being as good as the opposition? Despite the tedious hype before each tournament.
Pretty much, yeah.

I think I just blew 100 rand.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Somebody must have taught diving to the Ivory Coast. The one player runs into Kaka, from behind, does get Kaka's arm in his chest a bit, but grabs his face, which never made contact with anything, falls to the ground writhing around and holding his face. Kaka carded. I hate ****s like that.

But 3-1 for Brazil....love it.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery View Post
Sorry mate did I make you choke on your porridge
the only thing that choked wis yir team
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much, yeah.

I think I just blew 100 rand.
Ah well, it's just an experience.

<Quick Google Of Exchange Rate>

I've spent more on blow job, dat's cheap!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:12 am

Ah well, it's just an experience.

<Quick Google Of Exchange Rate>

I've spent more on blow job, dat's cheap!
Can I get a phone number?

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Somebody must have taught diving to the Ivory Coast.
In a team that contains Drogba. Who'd have thunk it?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:31 am
Mostly Harmless

Can I get a phone number?
I don't divulge my personal details on the 'net ... sorry!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:35 am

I don't divulge my personal details on the 'net ... sorry!
Thanks for the PM Vim, but I'm not interested in your offer to take your own front teeth out and do it for me...
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:38 am
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the PM Vim, but I'm not interested in your offer to take your own front teeth out and do it for me...
Darn, I could do with a floss.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.