Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Mens World Hockey Championships!

Mens World Hockey Championships!

Old May 10th 2009, 10:05 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mens World Hockey Championships!

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Канада дерьмо на хоккее
Rule 16, Manc.

Only kidding.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Canada did very well to contain the Russians. We definitely had a lot more chances to score than they did, so there was nothing wrong with the tactics. I think Canada was just very unlucky.

Praise the Lord, and Hallelujah.
You know, the shots on goal were 38-17 for canada, so we did have lots of chances, but you're right lady luck wasnt on our side yesterday.

Guess I need to stay detached when these games are on, I get so emotionally involved and expect canada to win every game. Its time to realize that there are other up and coming countries that have good hockey players.....
Old May 11th 2009, 10:43 pm
Remainer

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
You know, the shots on goal were 38-17 for canada, so we did have lots of chances, but you're right lady luck wasnt on our side yesterday.

Guess I need to stay detached when these games are on, I get so emotionally involved and expect canada to win every game. It's time to realize that there are other up and coming countries that have good hockey players.....
A lot of those players are playing in the NHL.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Its time to realize that there are other up and coming countries that have good hockey players.....
are you completely insane?
up and coming????

Russia - 7 olympic gold medals.

Canada - 7 olympic gold medals.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
A lot of those players are playing in the NHL.

not really so much anymore.

Just as CSKA and Zenit have won European football trophies recently, there's a lot of money in Russian sports........... Mainly propped up by Oligarch like Abramovich admittedly.

for example, during the NHL strike, Datsyuk played in Russia and the Red Wings had to literally beg him to come back.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
are you completely insane?
up and coming????

Russia - 7 olympic gold medals.

Canada - 7 olympic gold medals.
I was speaking in general terms, if it hadnt been russia there are many other european countries that might have and possibly could have won - sweden, finland, etc.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just as CSKA and Zenit have won European football trophies recently, there's a lot of money in Russian sports........... Mainly propped up by Oligarch like Abramovich admittedly.

I didnt know that....
Old May 12th 2009, 12:27 am
Remainer

I didnt know that....
Roman Abramovich, Alexandre Gaydamak & Alisher Usmanov amongst others.

Usmanov is the Russian who has been trying to buy Arsenal FC for the last year. Gaydamak owns Portsmouth FC, and Abramovich owns Chelsea FC.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Did you have some smart-ass remark too manc?
Ok so after 3 Tournaments can we agree that I get to be all smug and have the last laugh
Old May 12th 2009, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Ok so after 3 Tournaments can we agree that I get to be all smug and have the last laugh
You know johnobucko, a true gentleman would empathize with canada's failed attempt to achieve a gold medal in the three tournaments.....

But if you must go ahead and be all smug and have your moment of glory laughing at us - but just remember we'll get them next year at the 2010 olympics.....
Old May 18th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

You know johnobucko, a true gentleman would empathize with canada's failed attempt to achieve a gold medal in the three tournaments.....
Why would i care i'm British not Canadian

But if you must go ahead and be all smug and have your moment of glory laughing at us - but just remember we'll get them next year at the 2010 olympics.....
Yes i must just 4 the fact it winds u up
Old May 20th 2009, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Why would i care i'm British not Canadian

Yes i must just 4 the fact it winds u up