Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong

Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:56 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lance Armstrong

I know this should be in the sport section, but bollocks to it, I never go in there!

Old lancey boy is kicking ass again in the Tour de France, anyone else keeping up with it? to me the race is amazing, I mean I ride around on my mountain bike 2-3 times a week and my knackers get sore after 5-6 miles, on the tour they do between 100 to 140 miles A DAY for 20 days.

I even have a nice comfy gel seat and there's are like a bloody razor blade, something else I didn't know until Bob Rolls (hands waving around worse than Jim "can't beat abit of bully" Bowen) the commentator for the OLN channel explainned that the riders have one of them tubes shoved down their japs eye, so they don't have to get off the bike to take a wee-wee, apparently it just vaporises in the air?

Learn something everyday, don't ya!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong

Originally posted by Yosser
I know this should be in the sport section, but bollocks to it, I never go in there!

Old lancey boy is kicking ass again in the Tour de France, anyone else keeping up with it? to me the race is amazing, I mean I ride around on my mountain bike 2-3 times a week and my knackers get sore after 5-6 miles, on the tour they do between 100 to 140 miles A DAY for 20 days.

I even have a nice comfy gel seat and there's are like a bloody razor blade, something else I didn't know until Bob Rolls (hands waving around worse than Jim "can't beat abit of bully" Bowen) the commentator for the OLN channel explainned that the riders have one of them tubes shoved down their japs eye, so they don't have to get off the bike to take a wee-wee, apparently it just vaporises in the air?

Learn something everyday, don't ya!
Seems to me that with all the problems Lance has had "down there" shoving a tube down his japs eye would be the last thing his doctor would want him to do.

Thomas Voeckler did great for 10 days. But it will be interesting to see how Lance does without Landis and Acevedo in getting his butt up the AlpeD'Huez on his own tomorow.
I fancy Ullrich and Basso to take some time off him tomorow.

I also predict Ullrich to beat armstrong in the final time trial before Paris, however, I doub't either of them will gain enough time back to warrant any challenge to the Yellow Jersey.

My tip for the upset Tyler Hamilton dropped out 3 days ago, shame. He did alright last year with a broken collar bone.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

And of course cycling wouldn't be a priority in my life if I were banging Sheryl Crow.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
And of course cycling wouldn't be a priority in my life if I were banging Sheryl Crow.

I'm surpirsed at you. Thought you were a real sports fan.
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Might be suddenly for Sheryl though Manc
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Ullrich has been off the pace abit though, makes you think if he is saving some for the last few stages, they said he doesn't look after himself enough duringthe winter months.

Hamilton dropped out, saying his back was playing up after a crash, must be hurting, cause like you said he kept on riding last year with a broken collarbone

speaking of crashing, theres been plenty of ass over tits accidents this year, fun to watch, not fun if its you though!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:00 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

MisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to all

Might be suddenly for Sheryl though Manc::

HEH HEH HEH
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Lance is doing a great job again. Most thought 6 was beyond him, but so far he is proving them wrong. I think he need's the 6th win to gain a bit of respect in the cycling world. I think the record equaling 5 hasnt given him the respect of his peers, even though it put him on a par with some great names of the cycling world.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:37 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Lance is doing a great job again. Most thought 6 was beyond him, but so far he is proving them wrong. I think he need's the 6th win to gain a bit of respect in the cycling world. I think the record equaling 5 hasnt given him the respect of his peers, even though it put him on a par with some great names of the cycling world.
He with the help of his team have done an awesome job of controlling the race.
The stage win in the pyranees was great, and the team time trial along with the way the team controlled the peloton on the cobblestones means that, although I didn't want Lance to win, you can't deny it that the other riders in the tour just aren't up to his level.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:49 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Nahh, the elitists of the cycling world will still consider his 6th victory as a fluke, or aberration. Now if he were French I am sure that would be different...but then again the French have not won it since before LeMonds first victory. In fact, USA and Spain have so dominated the Tour (14 out of 18) since '86 there have only been 4 other countries to win it.

The fact that Americans have won the illustrious Tour 9 times in the last 18 years seems to as overlooked as the personal stories of those two men.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:52 pm
@matthewb76

I thought LeMond only won 2 tours?

He won the first one I ever watched, beating Laurant Fignon on the final day in Paris.

Big Mig was another class act.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:04 pm
@matthewb76

stand corrected 1986-1989-1990
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

He won the first one I ever watched, beating Laurant Fignon on the final day in Paris.

Big Mig was another class act.
Big Mig wasn't actually well respected by the other riders during his stint at the top. He was well known for trying to push the race when a rival fell or punctured. It led to many choice words between him and the peloton
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:34 pm
Never right in the head!

Lance won the time trial, and he overtook Basso, who started 2 minutes ahead of him.....unreal!

Tis gone like the wind from satans bottom, he did.
Attached Thumbnails Lance Armstrong-capt.tdf10707211557.cycling_tour_de_france_tdf107.jpeg  
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:00 pm
@matthewb76

Default Re: Lance Armstrong

I also predict Ullrich to beat armstrong in the final time trial before Paris, however, I doub't either of them will gain enough time back to warrant any challenge to the Yellow Jersey.
Phil Ligget I am not..............

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.