Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

HOLY SHIT AND OMG!!!!

HOLY SHIT AND OMG!!!!

Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:23 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MENS HOCKEY!!!!!

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
I had safely erased that from my memory....
6-1 over the Finns. Looks like it will be a rematch vs Canada in the Gold medal game.

It's really not even about Hockey- 98% of us here could give a toss about it...except when beating Canada or the USSR.

Of course there is a deeper question than whether or not we will win; Can Canada's collective ego (small as it may be usually) withstand getting thrashed TWICE by us? At least when they go to get anti-depressants afterwards they will be cheaper than here.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:23 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
It will be the best possible match up for a finale. Can't ask for better. (Assuming of course Canada doesn't fall asleep against Slovakia) I say it's a tossup, but likely Canada will win. As long as it is a good game, that's what matters to me.
That's what matters to me too...................................

as long as Canada win gold
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

The U.S. handed the Fins their heads in the first period...6-0. Seem to be laying down in the third though and the Fins scored 1 on the power play. Maybe just sitting on the lead. Forgone conclusion anyway at this point.
Interesting that there's no criticism when the score is completely lopsided in the men's competition, but heaven on earth forbid it happen with the girls....
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dollface View Post
That's what matters to me too...................................

as long as Canada win gold
Dont count those chickens girlie - lets just hope that they win playing slovakia - who knew that slovakia would ever beat sweden?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ironporer View Post
6-1 over the Finns. Looks like it will be a rematch vs Canada in the Gold medal game.

It's really not even about Hockey- 98% of us here could give a toss about it...except when beating Canada or the USSR.

Of course there is a deeper question than whether or not we will win; Can Canada's collective ego (small as it may be usually) withstand getting thrashed TWICE by us? At least when they go to get anti-depressants afterwards they will be cheaper than here.
May I just remind you WHO WON THE GOLD MEDAL LAST NITE WHEN THE GIRLS PLAYED.....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that there's no criticism when the score is completely lopsided in the men's competition, but heaven on earth forbid it happen with the girls....
I never criticized the scores in the womens...even though I think that Canada piled it on as did the U.S in one of their games. 6- 1 is hardly in the same league as 18-2 or whatever.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:08 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Dont count those chickens girlie - lets just hope that they win playing slovakia - who knew that slovakia would ever beat sweden?
I don't under estimate Slovakia, but one can hope
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada wins by the skin of their teeth. I feel pretty good about the U.S. chance now.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Canada wins by the skin of their teeth. I feel pretty good about the U.S. chance now.
The Slovaks used their "rope a dope" style to keep the game close. The Slovaks will win bronze. Remember, when it counted against a "world power" like Russia, the true Canada came to play. The USA has to hope that Miller can steal the gold.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:53 pm

We'll see
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:24 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

What times is the game on!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
What times is the game on!
12:15 pacific time tomorrow. 3:15 EST
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:38 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

12:15 pacific time tomorrow. 3:15 EST
2:15 CST Then
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They unestimated the power of the slovaks - considered a much weaker team - well they gave them a really good scare and I hope they have learned from it. Canada men always do this - have a good lead then start "playing cute" and "be loosey goosey" as a commentator commented and sloppy and look what happens.

Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
The Slovaks used their "rope a dope" style to keep the game close. The Slovaks will win bronze. Remember, when it counted against a "world power" like Russia, the true Canada came to play. The USA has to hope that Miller can steal the gold.
What exactly does that term mean - never heard it before, but the slovaks were certain able to frustrate the canadians as well as other teams I have to admit I was surprised when I heard that they beat the swedes....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GO CANADA GO!!!!!

WIN GOLD!!!!!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.