Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

HOLY SHIT AND OMG!!!!

HOLY SHIT AND OMG!!!!

Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOLY SHIT AND OMG!!!!

Congrats to Canada.

Sue

PS I've merged this with one of the other two threads already in play about this.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Congrats to Canada.

Sue

PS I've merged this with one of the other two threads already in play about this.
and what about the 6 months idea?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:42 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I liked the Olympics better when the athletes were amateurs. Just as in basketball and some other events both winter and summer games, all these hockey players are pros. Changes the whole feel of the thing - it's just like another pro game.
Me too.

Good , no- great game Canada! Congrats Sue!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:17 am

dollface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer View Post
Me too.

Good , no- great game Canada! Congrats Sue!
No great game Canada??? it was an outstanding game by both teams!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:43 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MENS HOCKEY!!!!!

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Complete absence of defense by the U.S in O.T. They deserved to lose. Weren't getting rid of the puck when they should, letting the Canadians get on top of them and taking it away or breaking up any possibility of a pass. They weren't pressing the Canadians at all. Sorry to see that happen in what was otherwise a good game.
I agree, the 4 on 4 play in OT was noticeably tilted for Canada. The Canadian defense showed their depth and puck moving abilities. The US D got caught out of position and left Crosby all alone in front of the net. Great game though, much more even in terms of play than the first game. Canada didn't dominate the same way they did the first game even though they lost. A Golden goal for the gold medal to set the record for the most gold ever. That goal will be talked about for a long time.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface View Post
Definitely agree, for 3 periods. But that is the kind of game you expect and want from those two rivals. Funny how times change. The big rivalry in Hockey has become North American instead of the old rivalry between Canada and the U.S.S.R. And I actually think the Canadians take this one more personally.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:31 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely agree, for 3 periods. But that is the kind of game you expect and want from those two rivals. Funny how times change. The big rivalry in Hockey has become North American instead of the old rivalry between Canada and the U.S.S.R. And I actually think the Canadians take this one more personally.
It just happens to be that the USA is both the Women and the Juniors top rival, and the USA got in the way to gold. I would rather lose to the USA than to Russia. Winning gold was great but DESTROYING the Russians was pretty sweet too.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
It just happens to be that the USA is both the Women and the Juniors top rival, and the USA got in the way to gold. I would rather lose to the USA than to Russia. Winning gold was great but DESTROYING the Russians was pretty sweet too.
It was certainly sweet when a bunch of U.S. College players beat the Russians in 1980. Love the rivalry now with the U.S. and Canada. Being connected to both places, it does cause me fits at times though.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:17 am

Just like the Scotland England rivalry!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:46 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.

Good, no- great game Canada! Congrats Sue!
That is exactly what I said; great game.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:19 pm

That is exactly what I said; great game.
I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your sentiment.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:51 pm
Maño-Americano

I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your sentiment.
Great game, great Olympics; with the exception of Celine Dion at the closing ceremony.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:23 pm

Great game, great Olympics; with the exception of Celine Dion at the closing ceremony.
Yeah, there was wasn't there - can't stand her gimmie Neil Young anyday of the week
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:05 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Chicago takes it the most personally, there's was a Blackhawk on each side!