Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Golden moment for your team?

Golden moment for your team?

Old Jun 1st 2011, 2:37 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golden moment for your team?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
In intelligible English, please?
Que?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:40 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969 View Post
Now, for all you Man Utd haters out there (thats everyone who supports a team other than Man Utd), just ask yourself this question. How would YOUR team have faired against Barca last night?

A lot lot worse than Man Utd did that's for sure!!
As an Arsenal fan, I don't hate Man. They've won plenty of trophies through hard work.

We've beat Barcelona at our place this season and think van Persie's yellow card at their place was a bit harsh. Barcelona played brilliantly in the CL Final, and credit to Man U for only losing by 2 goals.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:14 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Barcelona played brilliantly in the CL Final, and credit to Man U for only losing by 2 goals.
Credit to Edwin van der Sar and Lady Luck!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:31 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, if you had offered me a 3-1 beating before the game I probably would have taken it. Not sure I have ever said that about United before...
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

I think you have a very distorted view of what happened on the night, even van des sar admitted he should've saved Messi's goal (but he opted for another blooper instead) edwin-van-der-sar-admits-he's-a-twat-and-his-mistake-cost-manchester-united-against-barcelona-in-champions-league-final.html

Here we go, I upset the uncle again..
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
I think you have a very distorted view of what happened on the night, even van des sar admitted he should've saved Messi's goal (but he opted for another blooper instead) edwin-van-der-sar-admits-he's-a-twat-and-his-mistake-cost-manchester-united-against-barcelona-in-champions-league-final.html

goal 1.
Evra got sucked into the middle whilst watching Messi leaving Pedro free on the right to slot past Van Der Sars inside post.

If Evra was ball watching.

goal 2
Vidic never closed Messi down and seemed more worried of getting twatted in the knackers by the ball than doing his job.

it's not like United would have won but for Edwin Van Der sar..........
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:05 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

What the heck? You seem to read what you want to be there, instead of the words! Nowhere did VdS admit he should have saved Messi's goal OR that he made mistakes that cost ManU the game. From the piece you provided the link for:

We made one or two mistakes, and they punish you,"
I don’t know if I could have prevented Messi’s goal. I thought I was positioned well, but I think [David] Villa was blocking my sight. Messi tends to curl it to the far post, and he just clipped it around Villa.

You're not quite the ticket, are you?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

You're not quite the ticket, are you?
No, I just do it to upset you
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:38 pm
Life goes on.

No, I just do it to upset you
You don't upset me, you just bamboozle me with your numptiness. Nobody can really be as daft as you make out.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:38 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
As an Arsenal fan, I don't hate Man. They've won plenty of trophies through hard work.

We've beat Barcelona at our place this season and think van Persie's yellow card at their place was a bit harsh. Barcelona played brilliantly in the CL Final, and credit to Man U for only losing by 2 goals.

And being a Man Utd fan, I surprisingly don't hate Arsenal even though your lot broke my heart as a 10 year old. I was at Wembley for the '79 FA cup final when we lost to you in the last minute

I watched the match when you beat Barca and applauded your win and agree that V-P's yellow was harsh.
There aren't many teams out there that pass the ball and play possesion football like Barca, but your lot come pretty close at times.

I also agree that you can credit Man Utd for not losing by more than 2 goals, we didn't play that badly......just that Barca were in unstoppable form that night.
But most of all I think Van Der Sar should be given maximum credit as like I've said previously, had it not been for some of his saves the score would've been far, far worse.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I watched the match when you beat Barca and applauded your win and agree that V-P's yellow was harsh.
There aren't many teams out there that pass the ball and play possesion football like Barca, but your lot come pretty close at times.
Amen. Finally someone who knows what he's talking about! Give the man a crown..

But most of all I think Van Der Sar should be given maximum credit as like I've said previously, had it not been for some of his saves the score would've been far, far worse.
On second thoughts, better not.

ps. sorry for breaking your heart, I hope you didn't take it personally
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Amen. Finally someone who knows what he's talking about! Give the man a crown..

On second thoughts, better not.

ps. sorry for breaking your heart, I hope you didn't take it personally
Haha....that's ok, I don't take it personally. The mighty Man Utd has had enough success over the years to repair my broken heart from that cup final in '79!!

However........I'm puzzled as to why you have such an obvious dislike of Van Der Sar. Maybe, you just happened to be in the same bar as him sometime whenever, tried chatting him up and he completely shunned your advances????
Whatever the case may be, it's clear to me that as Uncle Ebenezer previously mentioned.....you are a numpty and you know nothing about top quality goalkeepers!

Anyway, from my point of view as a former goalkeeper(including a brief spell on the books with Blackburn Rovers in my youth), and also a goalkeeping coach to a couple of semi-pro teams in more recent years, I can tell you this, Van Der Sar is more than worthy of being classed a 'world class keeper'.
And there are many many other people who would share this view. It would seem that you're the only person, certainly here on BE, that seems unable to recognise that fact!

My conclusion is that you are as daft as you make out.......and are a complete numpty!!

Over to you pondy......
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

it's clear to me that as Uncle Ebenezer previously mentioned.....you are a numpty and you know nothing about top quality goalkeepers!

I do recognise his talent, anyone can see that, but you have to say something to provoke reactions in forums, right? It would be too bland otherwise.. lol

What I must add thought is that he has a certain confidence with bloopers, IMHO top teams shouldn't afford bloopers in finals, they can cost trophees. Had an Italian boyfriend and remember him too well at Juventus, he was let go in disgrace and some numpties even blamed him for losing two championships.

ps. If I had chatted him up he would be cleaning my house as we speak
Old Jun 5th 2011, 5:08 pm

ps. If I had chatted him up he would be cleaning my house as we speak
Yup, he'd be cleaning your blood off the kitchen walls.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 5:37 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Yup, he'd be cleaning your blood off the kitchen walls.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.