Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Golden moment for your team?

Golden moment for your team?

Old May 28th 2011, 4:38 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golden moment for your team?

Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post
New owners who haven't saddled the club with massive debt and are fully prepared to spend money on players.
The return of King Kenny.
Beating Chelsea away in Torres's first game.

All were good, but the best was Kuyt's hat trick to beat Manure 3-1, the third consecutive victory at Anfield
And Liverpool's subsequent crap results that made sure they didn't even manage to finish in the top 4. Well done, I'm sure your lot were over the moon about that fact. Well, I was anyway.
Old May 28th 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal golden moments of the year

Beating Chelsea
Beating Barcelona
Beating Man U
Beat those 3 teams in one season and still win nothing, being an Arsenal fan is hard sometimes.
Old May 28th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
And Liverpool's subsequent crap results that made sure they didn't even manage to finish in the top 4. Well done, I'm sure your lot were over the moon about that fact. Well, I was anyway.
Given you are sad enough to start a thread about our possible relegation, why am I not surprised? You are a typical Manure fan more obsessed with Liverpool than you are with supporting your own team. You got 19, but will you ever get 5?

Anyway, how did you enjoy the Champions League final?
Old May 29th 2011, 7:56 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Given you are sad enough to start a thread about our possible relegation, why am I not surprised?
Err, I think you'll find it was anus who was sad enough to start that thread, not android
Old May 30th 2011, 12:01 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Yep.....me too, absolutely overjoyed that they never made the top four!!

Old May 30th 2011, 2:36 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Given you are sad enough to start a thread about our possible relegation, why am I not surprised? You are a typical Manure fan more obsessed with Liverpool than you are with supporting your own team. You got 19, but will you ever get 5?

Well, I'm a die hard Man Utd fan.....have been for 40 years and the only thing I'm obsessed with is beating Liverpool......and Chelski......and Man City, in fact any team that we come up against!!

As for enjoying the Champions League final.....I really enjoyed it.
Okay, yes I was dissapointed that my team lost, but to be honest I didn't think we played too badly (with the exception of Valencia who was simply awful and was lucky not to have been sent off, let alone subbed off) but on the night Barcelona were simply exceptional. There's not a team in the world, let alone my beloved Man Utd, that would've beaten Barca in the form they showed last night.
And being a football fan I can appreciate top quality football of which that was the finest example.

At the final whistle Im sure there were many a Utd fan watching on TV like myself who probably changed channel.
I didn't.
I watched the whole medal and trophy presentation, and then applauded Barca in their well deserved victory.

Now, for all you Man Utd haters out there (thats everyone who supports a team other than Man Utd), just ask yourself this question. How would YOUR team have faired against Barca last night?

A lot lot worse than Man Utd did that's for sure!!
Old May 30th 2011, 8:49 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Flew from London back to Joburg this morning. Landed at 7am, in a board meeting by 9am. Can hardly keep my eyes open/ Luckily a smoking hot stewardess made the flight more comfortable.

A couple of thoughts from the game.

1. Barcelona are the best team I have ever seen - live or on TV, ever. Messi is unbelievable. He appears at times to be unstoppable.
2. The atmposphere and Barca supporters were first class. Not a hint of trouble, just good banter and mutual respect.
3. Man United might be the 2nd best team in Europe (certainly in the top 3 or 4) but at least 30% behind the European Champions. The rest of us have a lot of work to do to get close.
4. Wembley is a decent stadium, but 9 quid for fish and chips inside the ground is robbery.
5. We left the stadium about 5 minutes after full time. Straight out of the car park, we got home (40 miles away) 45 minutes later. Brilliant - very impressive organisation.
6. Rooney and Vidic aside, our players were simply not up to the standard required.

The view from my seat is attached. Landed at LHR on Saturday, flew back here last night. 22 hours in the air, 4 hours at airports - got to play golf with my 14 years old boy in Winchester. Spent 700 quid - totally, totally worth it. If I could have seen Brazil in the 1970s I would have made the effort. At least I can say I saw the great Barcelona team of 2011.
Attached Thumbnails Golden moment for your team?-img_0061.jpg  

Last edited by ededed; May 30th 2011 at 9:02 am.
Old May 30th 2011, 9:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Given you are sad enough to start a thread about our possible relegation, why am I not surprised?
What was "sad" about starting that thread?. You were five point off bottom place at the time and were playing utter shite football. Relegation was a real possibility.

Post five in that thread looks even better with hindsight...

"I think Liverpool fans need to accept that, for the next few years at least, you are going to be a mid-table side. Any chance of challenging for the title has long since gone and you will do exceptionally well to make a Europa Cup place."

I should have had money on it.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; May 30th 2011 at 9:55 am.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:10 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
What was "sad" about starting that thread?. You were five point off bottom place at the time and were playing utter shite football. Relegation was a real possibility.

Post five in that thread looks even better with hindsight...

"I think Liverpool fans need to accept that, for the next few years at least, you are going to be a mid-table side. Any chance of challenging for the title has long since gone and you will do exceptionally well to make a Europa Cup place."

I should have had money on it.
And, not for the first time, you will be made to eat your words, in 2012.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:57 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Given that you're mistaken about who started the thread, it's no surprise that you're mistaken in thinking I'd obsess about the scousers too. I do have to admit that I like it when Liverpool lose though, usually because of their fans arrogance and mistaken belief that they're still the best club in England, but I'm glad about winning against any team United beat.

How did I enjoy the CL final? Enjoyed it a lot actually. To see United get into the final and play in a great game against a team like Barca was fantastic. Thankfully they'll be there to try again next year, something that Liverpool won't be doing.
Old May 31st 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Flew from London back to Joburg this morning. Landed at 7am, in a board meeting by 9am. Can hardly keep my eyes open/ Luckily a smoking hot stewardess made the flight more comfortable.
What did she do?

Blimey 9 quid for fish&chips, bastards.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Given that you're mistaken about who started the thread, it's no surprise that you're mistaken in thinking I'd obsess about the scousers too. I do have to admit that I like it when Liverpool lose though, usually because of their fans arrogance and mistaken belief that they're still the best club in England, but I'm glad about winning against any team United beat.
Liverpool's new motto.... Tunc annus ero nostrum annus

"next year will be our year"
Old May 31st 2011, 8:17 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:24 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
What did she do?
Errr....no comment.

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
And, not for the first time, you will be made to eat your words, in 2012.
Fancy a few quid on that Baz? How about a crate of beer for me (not Bud, real beer) for every trophy United win, and one for you for everyone one they don't?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 2:18 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

Errr....no comment.

Fancy a few quid on that Baz? How about a crate of beer for me (not Bud, real beer) for every trophy United win, and one for you for everyone one they don't?
In intelligible English, please?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.