Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 fans?

Formula 1 fans?

Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:04 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

That is cool, and a Brit.
This is a photo of the straight looking from turn 4 towards turn 3 taken on Friday. My office is on the 2nd floor behind the first tree on the right
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1 fans?-2013-03-08_09-30-07_120.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:05 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
That is cool, and a Brit.
This is a photo of the straight looking from turn 4 towards turn 3 taken on Friday. My office is on the 2nd floor behind the first tree on the right
I need an office view like that! Almost pruning season isnt it? Time to test that new chainsaw (Probably best done at night).
Old Mar 15th 2013, 5:17 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Track progress as of Tuesday:
Pruning conspiracy underway.
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1 fans?-2013-03-13_09-20-41_681.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Irregular

I know - it's Indycar, not F1 - hope y'all are still interested in the build up
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:42 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like McLaren are in the effluent. You'd think that if Ferrai tried something last year and it didn't work out too well McLaren might have had the sense to not try it this year. Especially as the technical regulations have big changes for 2014.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:53 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

They turn left AND right these days?

Getting fancy on yo ass.

Looking forward to yet another season of shite starts by Webber.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
They turn left AND right these days?

Getting fancy on yo ass.

Looking forward to yet another season of shite starts by Webber.
It's not Nascar But yes some of the tracks are Streets. I don't know much about it, except the one on the doorstep. The race is next weekend. For some reason I thought it coincided withe F1 opening.

On F1 - I just noticed, Lewis Hamilton is doing a column on BBC news website. Will have a read later.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:53 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It's not Nascar But yes some of the tracks are Streets. I don't know much about it, except the one on the doorstep. The race is next weekend. For some reason I thought it coincided withe F1 opening.

On F1 - I just noticed, Lewis Hamilton is doing a column on BBC news website. Will have a read later.
Quite right, they are a bit more sophisticated, and mostly British designed and built I believe.

We used to have a regular race down on the Gold Coast until a few years ago, I should have gone down to take a look.

They ran a couple of cars through Brisbane CBD too, that was fun to watch.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Anything with corners (both directions) is always interesting.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
Well it looks like McLaren are in the effluent. You'd think that if Ferrai tried something last year and it didn't work out too well McLaren might have had the sense to not try it this year. Especially as the technical regulations have big changes for 2014.
Why they have changed the car for this season is beyond me. Especially as the 2012 car was looking pretty damn good at year end. Evolution for this year... All change for 2014.

Trying to figure out what happened to Williams. 1st test looked awesome and then.... what?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Why they have changed the car for this season is beyond me. Especially as the 2012 car was looking pretty damn good at year end. Evolution for this year... All change for 2014.

Trying to figure out what happened to Williams. 1st test looked awesome and then.... what?
Button and Perez are gonna have their work cut out at the start that's for sure - heard Button earlier and he's not impressed
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Quite right, they are a bit more sophisticated, and mostly British designed and built I believe.

We used to have a regular race down on the Gold Coast until a few years ago, I should have gone down to take a look.

They ran a couple of cars through Brisbane CBD too, that was fun to watch.
What did you guys do? You broke qualifying.

I mean, I was expecting all the normal stuff from Aus... Gators, Drop Bears, Dame Edna.. Irwin floating in the lake.

But rain during Qualy? That's not good tv at all.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Button and Perez are gonna have their work cut out at the start that's for sure - heard Button earlier and he's not impressed
Maybe Hamilton saw the 2013 car and THEN decided to move to Merc.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Hamilton saw the 2013 car and THEN decided to move to Merc.
He's definitely in the better car at the moment - now have to see if he can deliver.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how much Frank Williams does in the running of the team now. But his wife passing away recently cannot have helped their race preparations either way.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.