Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

TOADSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Firstpoint USA

My son has had his SAT results today;

Critical Reading 460
Math 650
Writing 530

Can anyone advise on if these will be good enough for him to into the Universities in the US?

His prefered degree would be in Law (Criminal Justice).

Thanks in advance, and a Merry Chritmas to all

Toadster
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:41 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOADSTER View Post
My son has had his SAT results today;

Critical Reading 460
Math 650
Writing 530

Can anyone advise on if these will be good enough for him to into the Universities in the US?

His prefered degree would be in Law (Criminal Justice).

Thanks in advance, and a Merry Chritmas to all

Toadster
These are the latest averages from Wiki:

Writing 494
Mathematics 515
Critical Reading 502

He would be between 61% and 72% ranking, so he should be more than okay for a criminal justice program.
Old May 11th 2009, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

My son has now been contacted by Lindenwood University MO, has anyone any info on this school? Good, bad or indifferent.....

We have opted not to use Firstpoint, they look great from the outside but what you actually get for £2500 is damn poor. They have literally hundreds of kids on their books that in my opinion (as a former scout for a pro club) are sub standard and must be there to prop up their bottom line. These kids have no chance of making Varsity squads in college soccer. I feel FP are trading on these kids dreams and more than happy to relieve them of there hard earned cash with no chance of a decent scholarship offer. If they get a kid an offer which may only be a 10% scholarship they have fullfilled their contract.....ouch!!

We have found a guy who charges £800 and does all the calling, videos etc etc, with a real personal touch and genuine interest in getting the kids the best offer out there. That also puts an extra £1700 into his education and not into FP`s bank account!
Old May 11th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

LinkinD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im also thinking of applying to firstpointusa but after hearing the guy Toadster uses i would like to know who he is? Anyone got any good points to actully use firstpoint?
Old May 11th 2009, 1:40 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

My son has now been contacted by Lindenwood University MO, has anyone any info on this school? Good, bad or indifferent.....

We have opted not to use Firstpoint, they look great from the outside but what you actually get for £2500 is damn poor. They have literally hundreds of kids on their books that in my opinion (as a former scout for a pro club) are sub standard and must be there to prop up their bottom line. These kids have no chance of making Varsity squads in college soccer. I feel FP are trading on these kids dreams and more than happy to relieve them of there hard earned cash with no chance of a decent scholarship offer. If they get a kid an offer which may only be a 10% scholarship they have fullfilled their contract.....ouch!!

We have found a guy who charges £800 and does all the calling, videos etc etc, with a real personal touch and genuine interest in getting the kids the best offer out there. That also puts an extra £1700 into his education and not into FP`s bank account!
http://www.lindenwood.edu/

It is considered a "highly selective" private school. If my kid got a scholarship there I'd be quite happy. (The US has hundreds and hundreds of universities and colleges.) they are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and won the national championship in soccer in 2004 plus more ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindenwood_University

You forget that any type of sports scholarship here is something in itself....they're not easy to come by. Remember the primary purpose of university is to get an education. Very, very, very few kids make it to the "big" schools and even fewer go on to play professionally.

Last edited by tamms_1965; May 11th 2009 at 1:50 pm.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:42 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by LinkinD View Post
Hi im also thinking of applying to firstpointusa but after hearing the guy Toadster uses i would like to know who he is? Anyone got any good points to actully use firstpoint?
My stepson is using them right now, but we do not know where he will be going yet. He has had only positive things to say about them. We'll see how his experience pans out.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

kk kwl. Im just wondering on the money side of things because tbh i wudnt know were to start to try and get a shcolarship off my own back so in that sense would you say FP are worth the money?
Old May 11th 2009, 1:57 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by LinkinD View Post
kk kwl. Im just wondering on the money side of things because tbh i wudnt know were to start to try and get a shcolarship off my own back so in that sense would you say FP are worth the money?
I'll let you know when he knows his offer(s). He's in England, but his dad and I are here in the US so we only get info secondhand from him. I do know the process takes at least a year before you can even think about going to the US for school.
Old May 12th 2009, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

I`m not here just in an effort to kick FP. I know kids who have gone and got their scholarship having paid the £2500. I also know more kids who paid the money and feel very let down by the offers they have received or may not received compared to the promises they were made.

Linkin, PM me if you want any details I will be happy to pass them on. I had my son almost placed at UNH and Hartwick by my own efforts (verbal offers) until he was injured for 5 months. It is possible to do it yourself at a fraction of the cost. However, with the clock ticking for entry this fall we opted to use the guy I mentioned. He came highly recommended and we have not been disappointed.

Tamms, I am very aware that getting any sort of funding award is a privelage and beleive me my son is going out there using his soccertalent as a vehicle to pay for his education. He already has a place at a Scottish University to study Law ansd Sports Science which he is willing to give up to go to the US. A professional career is not his aim from this, it is his education first and last.

Thanks again for the info
Old May 13th 2009, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone please PM me and tell me what was said and why there were a good few posts deleted by the nazi's on the first page please?
Old May 13th 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Ok Toadster i will do that thank you. (Sorry gota post 3 messages before i can pm)
Old May 19th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

LinkinD you have PM
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:15 pm
Queen of my house

Stepson got a scholarship for tuition but needs to pay his own room and board. The only way this is going to happen is if he can get a loan. I do not think FP made it clear to him (or he had selective hearing) that a scholarship does not always mean that every little thing is paid for. He was quite disappointed but he is "hitting the pavement" trying to find financing.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
Stepson got a scholarship for tuition but needs to pay his own room and board. The only way this is going to happen is if he can get a loan. I do not think FP made it clear to him (or he had selective hearing) that a scholarship does not always mean that every little thing is paid for. He was quite disappointed but he is "hitting the pavement" trying to find financing.
I wouldn`t go laying all the blame at your stepsons door! Lets just say they don`t tell you everything if you don`t ask.......
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

mikehicks08 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn`t go laying all the blame at your stepsons door! Lets just say they don`t tell you everything if you don`t ask.......
Hi toadter, i was also wondering if you could give me some information on the person you used.
I went for my trail yesterday and it seemed like they take anybody who is willing to pay the money

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.