F1 in USA

Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:54 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Question F1 in USA

are there any F1 fans in USA?

moving over to california in few months time and wondered what the coverage is like, dont expect it to b great as its hardly a popular sport over there, is it shown on any cable channels? whats the covereage like? live/time delayed? - thanks

Ant
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Shown live on the Speed Channel.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:45 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Wink hapy man now!!

Originally posted by manc1976
Shown live on the Speed Channel.

thats made my day to hear that thanks!!! - is that every race live or just the north american races?

Ant
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

All races and qualifying are live. They even show the friday practices. Not a bad commentary line up either, if you can stand the many ad breaks and the early start times for most races. They are usually repeated later that night though.

They also show a program called "F1 decade" on race weekends, where they show a grand prix from 10 years ago and do an up to date commentary on it. Of course this years races are from 1994 and its great having the ex benneton chief mechanic(sp) Steve Matchett(sp) who was working on Schumachers cars for that year giving a great insight while commentating for Speed.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Jun 30th 2004 at 4:35 am.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:44 pm
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

Miss Martin Brundle though and his irreverant comments ("I guess if your name is Schumacher, you are allowed to talk Cobblers")....

The coverage on Speed is more comprehensive than ITV though, the only problem is that of all the European races this year I've only bothered to get out of bed to watch the Monaco and British Grand Prix's, and only because Schumacher wasn't on pole and there was a chance that he might not win...

Will I get up this weekend? I doubt it. It already seems obvious who will win. German grand prix, german driver dominating.

I've been an F1 fan for nearly 20 years, and yet even I'm struggling to justify 2 hours on an early Sunday morning anymore.

"Michael Schumacher is first into the first corner on lap 1. Let's start thinking about the pit stops on lap 25"....

Gary
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:16 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

*sigh*

I miss watching F1 on the Beeb with Murray Walker.