Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Is Eusebio wrong?

Is Eusebio wrong?

Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:45 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Eusebio wrong?

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd like to think he has. He's vital for any possible england success in this WC or next.

I don't wish Owen any harm, but I would take Wayne Rooney any day.

Yes, he's brash and a bit obnoxious, but you do get 100% effort from him. I've never seen Owen work up a sweat. It's OK if the team can afford to play with 10 men, but England need everybody to pull their weight, and in my eyes, Owen just doesn't do enough.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:53 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1066
I don't wish Owen any harm, but I would take Wayne Rooney any day.

Yes, he's brash and a bit obnoxious, but you do get 100% effort from him. I've never seen Owen work up a sweat. It's OK if the team can afford to play with 10 men, but England need everybody to pull their weight, and in my eyes, Owen just doesn't do enough.
I disagree 100% with that. Owen and Rooney are clearly England's 1st choice partnership and you couldn't swap one for the other. It's true you're not going to see Owen helping out the defence but then that's not his job. His job is to create and convert chances and he does that consistently.

Having said that, if you split his England record into friendlies and competetive, it would be crap and excellent respectively. The boy knows how to turn it on when it's needed but perhaps can't be arsed with friendlies. I know where he's coming from There's no better English player for the role he plays.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 3:34 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree 100% with that. Owen and Rooney are clearly England's 1st choice partnership and you couldn't swap one for the other. It's true you're not going to see Owen helping out the defence but then that's not his job. His job is to create and convert chances and he does that consistently.
Wait til you see who sven regards as his first choice partnership - i'm not saying that both rooney and owen won't start but i reckon he might included a lumbering gimp up front with mo.

England won't win the world cup due to sven and beckham - fact.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 11:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
lumbering gimp up front
And that scares me no end ...... The kid clearly has talent, though I'm not sure it's for football. He'd make a very good second division player (or whatever they're calling it this week) but Premier League / Europe / international? Don't think so.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 2:38 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

And that scares me no end ...... The kid clearly has talent, though I'm not sure it's for football. He'd make a very good second division player (or whatever they're calling it this week) but Premier League / Europe / international? Don't think so.
What about super james beattie ??

Actually on a serious note he's 10 times the player crouch is - beattie could conceivably turn a game with a flash of brilliance......err crouch .....i don't think so.

Its like when hoddle took rob lee to the world cup instead of gazza. Neither would have been in the starting 11 so wtf was rob lee going to do coming off the bench - gazza could conceivably have done summat, but rob lee ???
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:17 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
What about super james beattie ??

Actually on a serious note he's 10 times the player crouch is - beattie could conceivably turn a game with a flash of brilliance......err crouch .....i don't think so.

Its like when hoddle took rob lee to the world cup instead of gazza. Neither would have been in the starting 11 so wtf was rob lee going to do coming off the bench - gazza could conceivably have done summat, but rob lee ???
As a Boro fan, I've seen close up Beatties flashes of brilliance. His problem is just that though - it only comes in flashes. If he could perform consistently at 80% of his best he would be a good player.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

As a Boro fan, I've seen close up Beatties flashes of brilliance. His problem is just that though - it only comes in flashes. If he could perform consistently at 80% of his best he would be a good player.
Keep an eye on Dean Ashton I was a bit shocked when we paid £7.25 mil for him but I've been very impressed so far.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:27 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by fraser
Keep an eye on Dean Ashton I was a bit shocked when we paid £7.25 mil for him but I've been very impressed so far.
He's better than Crouch and more consistent than Beattie. If Sven wanted that 'other option' then why not?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

He's better than Crouch and more consistent than Beattie. If Sven wanted that 'other option' then why not?
I think it's a bit to late for him and besides Sven's probably already told him unless he plays for Chelseas reserves he's got no chance.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:34 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by fraser
I think it's a bit to late for him and besides Sven's probably already told him unless he plays for Chelseas reserves he's got no chance.
Well he's playing for Chelsea's juniors already