British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   Euro 2012 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/euro-2012-a-758626/)

Uncle Ebenezer May 17th 2012 6:59 pm

Euro 2012

Well, Hodgson's named his squad:

England Euro 2012 Squad

Terry's in :thumbdown: Ferdinand's out :thumb: Oxlade-Chamberlain's in :thumb:

Downing's in :huh: Carroll's in :eek:

I'm surprised Micah Richards didn't make the squad.

As many Liverpool players as ManU players and more than Chelsea, in the squad.

Bob May 17th 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Euro 2012

Determined to save money on the hotel tab, by not getting out of the group stages with that line up....

ROMFT_WO2RN May 18th 2012 9:23 am

Not much to choose from up front anyway but how the flying f%$k did Downing get selected :confused:

Micah Richards should have been in the squad ahead of Phil Jones.

Will start this tournament with no optimism so anything is a bonus ;)

ededed May 18th 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 10068523)
Will start this tournament with no optimism so anything is a bonus ;)

So the same as the last 4 or 5 tournaments then?

ROMFT_WO2RN May 18th 2012 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 10068539)
So the same as the last 4 or 5 tournaments then?

Nope, I stupidly felt some optimism before them :(

New moto is: aim low and they can't disappoint :lol:

mikelincs May 30th 2012 5:08 pm

Anyone now betting on the tournament NOT finishing, there have been several reports of non white players saying they will walk out if they are racially abused, and there is a big contingent of Ukranian neo-nazis setting out just to do that. If they get tickets there may be a lot of violence, and a number of England players had said they have told family NOT to go to any of the matches, but stay at home and watch them on TV as they fear violence on the terraces as well.

Uncle Ebenezer May 30th 2012 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10091062)
Anyone now betting on the tournament NOT finishing, there have been several reports of non white players saying they will walk out if they are racially abused, and there is a big contingent of Ukranian neo-nazis setting out just to do that. If they get tickets there may be a lot of violence, and a number of England players had said they have told family NOT to go to any of the matches, but stay at home and watch them on TV as they fear violence on the terraces as well.

Apparently, the neo-nazis have adopted John Terry as their mascot.

Bob May 30th 2012 10:09 pm

Odds on that Ukraine lose the co-host and it just stays in Poland? Seems that is a possibility with the political shenanigans going on in the Ukraine, with the arrest of the opposition leader etc.

Still, if half the countries pull out because of racial abuse, England will still be shit.

ededed May 31st 2012 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10091597)

Still, if half the countries pull out because of racial abuse, England will still be shit.

John Terry has had to buy all the other kits so he's ready for the trophy ceremony. He won't need his England one that day.

sw6blue Jun 1st 2012 12:30 am

frankie lampard out,england have had it shame that.:)

Macca67 Jun 1st 2012 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10091597)
Odds on that Ukraine lose the co-host and it just stays in Poland? Seems that is a possibility with the political shenanigans going on in the Ukraine, with the arrest of the opposition leader etc.

Bob - don't be like that. Clearly, the Ukrainians are only getting excited in anticipation of John Terry's arrival.

ededed Jun 1st 2012 5:24 am

Originally Posted by sw6blue (Post 10093887)
frankie lampard out,england have had it shame that.:)

Sure. Just what we needed was yet another over age, underperforming tosser clogging up our midfield. Because he was so brilliant at the 2010 world cup, wasn't he?

Although Jordan Henderson is his replacement. **** me. :blink:

SpoogleDrummer Jun 1st 2012 2:44 pm

Saw this on the BBC site

Originally Posted by BBC News
If Henderson, 21, is allowed to replace Lampard then Liverpool will be the most represented club in Hodgson's squad, with five, despite a disappointing season which saw them eighth in the Premier League

I can't help but think that the disappointing season and under performing England internationals are somehow linked myself

iaink Jun 1st 2012 2:53 pm

Maybe the Liverpool contingent will have a sensational Euro tournament, sweep all before them and come back with medals, and with renewed confidence go on to further triumphs under their new manager...:unsure:

I'm told God loves an optimist:thumbsup:

:getcoat:

iaink Jun 1st 2012 2:54 pm

Oops. Forgot to take my medication this morning:lol: