Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

England - Wales LIVE!!!

England - Wales LIVE!!!

Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2-0 England

Originally Posted by Bob
No good to me mate...grrrr
Surprised there's no feed on Fox over there though? Being all Rupert Murdoch and all. Saw a lot of English footy action on Fox when I was Mexico last year.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Surprised there's no feed on Fox over there though? Being all Rupert Murdoch and all. Saw a lot of English footy action on Fox when I was Mexico last year.
Would have thought, but it's hardly ever on, and if it is, it's ppv and stupidly expensive...plus we only have basic cable...
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:53 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Would have thought, but it's hardly ever on, and if it is, it's ppv and stupidly expensive...plus we only have basic cable...
Good excuse to find a pub that you can beg to show the match
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
Good excuse to find a pub that you can beg to show the match
I searched, nearest pub that showed the game was 300 miles away...bugger that mate *l*

only on ppv an all...
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:13 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I searched, nearest pub that showed the game was 300 miles away...bugger that mate *l*
Disgraceful, but I guess if you come to the UK you'll be lucky to find a single pub showing the MLB post-season or the NBA playoffs (if they were on at a reasonable time)
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Disgraceful, but I guess if you come to the UK you'll be lucky to find a single pub showing the MLB post-season or the NBA playoffs (if they were on at a reasonable time)
at a reasonable time...normally the prob ain't it..oh well...
speaking of post season though, the Red Sox ain't doing to badly
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:49 am
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
at a reasonable time...normally the prob ain't it..oh well...
speaking of post season though, the Red Sox ain't doing to badly
Yankees are 6-5 up in the bottom 11th at Twins, I know. Not bothered about Boston
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yankees are 6-5 up in the bottom 11th at Twins, I know. Not bothered about Boston
hehe..sounds like a good one...
Sox won in the 10th inning lastnight, weren't bad
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:58 am
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
hehe..sounds like a good one...
Sox won in the 10th inning lastnight, weren't bad
Looks like the Yanks will be playing Boston in the next series. Should be fun
Old Oct 10th 2004, 2:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Looks like the Yanks will be playing Boston in the next series. Should be fun
That would be awesome
Quality atmosphere anyway...shame so far away, and tickets won't be cheap neither...
definately a shame bout the Expos...the other "local" team, $4 front row seats, can't beat it
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Yep, just checked. It's on Sky Sports, 530 kick-off.
Radio it is then ... is Bertie Vogts still employed?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:02 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England - Wales LIVE!!!

You know what? I have no idea what guys have just said! But I do know there is a US sports channel on Sky now - NASN I think it's called. I think it's included if you have the sports package but I've never made any attempt to watch it. Apart from the show they put on, American sports just don't appeal to me.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

You know what? I have no idea what guys have just said! But I do know there is a US sports channel on Sky now - NASN I think it's called. I think it's included if you have the sports package but I've never made any attempt to watch it. Apart from the show they put on, American sports just don't appeal to me.
I tried American Football a few years ago but it didn't take, watched a few Superbowls when it was big over here ... I think you need to be steeped in the history and the stats.

It didn't translate well to watching live on a windy rainy day in Kent with a muffled commentary over a sub-standard speaker system ... which I did once, I lasted until halftime, it was taking forever ....

And US Rounders, don't get me started on ...
Old Oct 10th 2004, 6:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

think it's NESN...new england sports network...
baseball is getting good, red sox swept there series, so looks like they will be playing yankees for the division...
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

bodmin13 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
think it's NESN...new england sports network...
baseball is getting good, red sox swept there series, so looks like they will be playing yankees for the division...
It is NASN and it is available on most cable networks in England. I guess I was lucky, we watched the England Wales match live on ESPN International at 11pm, pretty good match and now Beckham has a broken rib (darn shame!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.